Report Bugs

Help us with the issues you are facing by taking one of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant bug -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation and help us identify the problem
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find the issue you are experiencing, report a new one

When filing a new bug, please provide:

• Version of Adobe Bridge
  • Steps to reproduce the issues
  • Operating System
  • Expected result
  • Actual result
  • Optional- Upload your File or Video

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. New Adobe Bridge 2019 freezes

Working in the new Adobe Bridge 2019 today. After working a while, the screen freezes - I can move cursor, etc. however cannot open a file, make a selection, quite Bridge, etc. Only option is to Force Quite Bridge on Mac (current OS) and open again. Open the apps, make a selection and then freezes again. Done this multiple times with same affect. Can no longer continue my work. Was working OK when first installed, however no longer.
    P.S. THIS IS A BUG REPORT - NOT AN IDEA AS POSTING BUTTOM IMPLIES. CLICK ON "REPORT BUGS" ON RIGH SIDE AND…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BUG- FIX RELEASED  ·  17 comments  ·  CRASH  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. thumbnails (JPG, NEF, RAF) do not generate on iMacPRO. Preview shows after a click on any thumb

Bridge CC 2019 - thumbnails (JPG, NEF, RAF) do not generate on iMacPRO. Preview shows an image after a click on any thumb.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

BUG- FIX RELEASED  ·  30 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bridge CC 2019 open all files by default with AfterEffects

Since I have updated Bridge this morning, it's opening all my files (ai, eps, pdf, jpg, etc) by default with After Effects even the asigned rule "Open with" it's right. Nonsense.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Color synchronisation don't work in 2019

After updating to Bridge 2019 color sync is no more working. It causes that the soft proof in other applications like InDesign is no more possible.

(WHY ARE THE CATEGORIES ABOVE ALL WRITTEN TALL?)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

BUG- FIX RELEASED  ·  18 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bridge 2019 Photo Downloader doesn't remember previous settings

The new Photo Downloader always comes up in Standard Dialog, even though I previously closed it in Advanced. It always defaults to my Pictures folder, even though I chose a different folder for previous download. It always defaults to Basic Metadata, even though I chose something different on previous use.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

BUG- WE HAVE THIS  ·  32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adobe needs to provide a fast rollback of Bridge CC 2019 - I CAN"T WORK

Give your PAYING customers an easy way to rollback this terrible update.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

BUG- NEED MORE INFO  ·  9 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. adobe bridge 2019 labels not working after using reject

after latest Camera Raw update whenever I use reject label for any files, I am unable to apply any other labels until I reset the preferences. I am using MacOSX Mojave and Bridge CC(2019) with the latest update. I just don't get it why this happen after Camera RAW/Photoshop update.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bridge cache generation is blocking work

Cache generation has always been a numer one issue for me in Bridge. It's performance, its inability to fully utilize system cores. Its contant rebiulding and losing of already build 100% previews.
    Now on top on that you made cache generation modal?!

So until now I was able to run 2 hour generation in background and keep working in aleady generated folders.
    Now you force me to sit idle and wait for 2 hours?
    Whose idea was that?!
    Maciek

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Spacing between folders

There is too much space between folders in the updated 2019 version of Bridge, which is just wasted space. It needs to be more compact - it just creates the need to scroll more as less is visible.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    NOT A BUG  ·  Abhishek Seth responded

Dear User,

We have made this change for better readability.

In case you wish to get this changed, please post it as a feature request.

10. Bridge 2019 get stuck after file move

Just updated to Bridge 2019 a day ago and ever since if I want to move a file to another folder through drag and drop, Bridge freezes, nothing works afterwards but the menu bar, quit Bridge is not selectable though so only force quit makes the difference.
    Mac OS Mojave, 13'MBP Retina Mid 2014, i5 2.6.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

BUG- FIX RELEASED  ·  8 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't use the "cut and paste" function, only "copy and paste" in Bridge CC 2019

I just installed Bridge CC 2019 yesterday on MacOS Sierra. On local and Network drive files, the option to perform an EDIT -> Cut the file is greyed out. Command + X doesn't work either. I can only Copy and Paste. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, didn't work. I tried running Bridge 2018 separarely on my MacOS system, and the file cut function works as is it's supposed to. It also works on my Bridge CC 2019 on Windows 10 system as it should, so this is really limited to my install of Bridge 2019 on my iMac.

Anyone else…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Users,
    This is as designed for Bridge CC 2019.

Please post it as a feature request

12. Bridge has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has disabled GPU rendering which uses the graphics hardware.

While in Windows Explorer, right click on an image or folder -> Open with Bridge

Opens Bridge, shows the below message, doesn't respond and closes shortly after.
    "Bridge has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has disabled GPU rendering which uses the graphics hardware. Please restart Bridge for an optimal experience.
    Check the manufacturer's website for the latest software."

Happenes on PC with Windows 10 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
    and new Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 and Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620
    Drivers are checked and up to date.

Opening a file/folder from the explorer the…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  CRASH  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Preview is still not working for AE presets

It's been a while since this bug was discovered - and unfortunately, it's still not fixed. When previewing After Effects presets, the preview animation is basically just a freeze frame. None of the suggested workarounds are working - apart from reinstalling an older version of Bridge.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  REVIEW MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Resizing of thumbnail bar does not work very well

The thumbnail bar eats up unneccessary space and does not resize well.
    When switching between different views the thumbnails are scaled to the minimum size and not to what was set before. Only resizing the bar restores the previous setting.
    The bar also reserves space for the additional info lines - even if none of them are enabled.
    On a Full HD screen this clutters up the interface.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bridge 2019 Cache building has many problems.

Prior to Bridge 2019 it was possible to create multiple threads of the cache build on different folders. Now, in 2019, only one cache build thread can run. Also, pre-2019 Bridge allowed NOT exporting the cache. I have found in Bridge 2019 that if multiple clients export their cache to the same share point, then other client's cache is messed up and metadata doesn't appear for images. If there is a way to NOT export the cache, I haven't been able to find it. Please allow multiple, simultaneous cache builds from one client and also allow non-exported cache. Basically, just…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CACHE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. scrolling in bridge is still broken.

Latest update did not fix the scrolling bug again. Scrolling is still infuriatingly jumpy.

PLEASE find someone, ANYONE, a temp, a student, a janitor, someone to look into this. the NEEDS to be fixed.

Attached for reference, shows you the SMALLEST scrolling 'tick' you can move.

This is 320px!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  INSTALL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. every file launches after effects

Since the last update, every file i double click launches after effects for import !
    This concerns adobe extensions (psd, ai, ...) and other extensions (pdf, ppt, doc, docx, ...).
    Such a pain to see every new update only generates new bugs and no usefull features...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bridge has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has disabled GPU rendering which uses the graphics hardware. Please restart Br

Bridge has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has disabled GPU rendering which uses the graphics hardware. Please restart Bridge for an optimal experience.
    Check the manufacturer's website for the latest software.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  CRASH  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a feature that helps you auto detect a corrupt GPU and turns on software rendering for quality preview and thumbnail.
    If you correct issues with GPU, this setting will automatically turn off.

19. scroll

Having an issue while scrolling through folders or images in Bridge in Essentials main screen. The scrolling is very jumpy and appears to be going backward - down when scrolling up and up when scrolling down. System is an iMac running High Sierra 10.13.8. This began with the latest update of Creative Cloud to 2019. I'm also getting a blank smaller window that opens briefly on top of the Bridge screen then vanishes.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  FOLDER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can't type numbers while batch renaming

(on Windows) Selecting few files -> Tools -> Batch rename

In New Filenames section can't write any numbers - they change the star rating and label of the selected files below the window.

In the old Bridge this was working fine, and I would like to avoid having to press Ctrl while normally changing the rating/label.

ALSO: While batch renaming in the Preview section at the bottom, no special characters are displaying (including the allowed ones, like for example &)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

BUG- FIX RELEASED  ·  0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base