Report Bugs

Help us with the issues you are facing by taking one of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant bug -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation and help us identify the problem
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find the issue you are experiencing, report a new one

When filing a new bug, please provide:

• Version of Adobe Bridge
  • Steps to reproduce the issues
  • Operating System
  • Expected result
  • Actual result
  • Optional- Upload your File or Video

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

What are the issues you are experiencing with Adobe Bridge?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bridge CC 2019 open all files by default with AfterEffects

Since I have updated Bridge this morning, it's opening all my files (ai, eps, pdf, jpg, etc) by default with After Effects even the asigned rule "Open with" it's right. Nonsense.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bridge 2019 Photo Downloader doesn't remember previous settings

The new Photo Downloader always comes up in Standard Dialog, even though I previously closed it in Advanced. It always defaults to my Pictures folder, even though I chose a different folder for previous download. It always defaults to Basic Metadata, even though I chose something different on previous use.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

BUG- WE HAVE THIS  ·  32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. TIFF images added to CC Library are considered as PNG images when lib is used with InDesign or Illustrator

Hi together,
    as my title already is telling:

TIFF images added to CC Library with Adobe Bridge are considered as PNG images when that library is used with InDesign or Illustrator: The tag TIFF is showing up in the library, but if I place and link the image with Adobe Illustrator or Adobe InDesign the image will be "converted" to PNG with transparency. Always. Tried all kinds of TIFF images, all saved with PhotoShop: 1-Bit, Grayscale, RGB, CMYK, with color profiles applied or not, with transparency or without, with layers or without. Every time's the same: A PNG file is…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  LIBRARY PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. New Adobe Bridge 2019 freezes

Working in the new Adobe Bridge 2019 today. After working a while, the screen freezes - I can move cursor, etc. however cannot open a file, make a selection, quite Bridge, etc. Only option is to Force Quite Bridge on Mac (current OS) and open again. Open the apps, make a selection and then freezes again. Done this multiple times with same affect. Can no longer continue my work. Was working OK when first installed, however no longer.
    P.S. THIS IS A BUG REPORT - NOT AN IDEA AS POSTING BUTTOM IMPLIES. CLICK ON "REPORT BUGS" ON RIGH SIDE AND…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

BUG- FIX RELEASED  ·  17 comments  ·  CRASH  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Color synchronisation don't work in 2019

After updating to Bridge 2019 color sync is no more working. It causes that the soft proof in other applications like InDesign is no more possible.

(WHY ARE THE CATEGORIES ABOVE ALL WRITTEN TALL?)

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

BUG- FIX RELEASED  ·  18 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bridge prevents screen saver and sleep on Mac

Several of the Macs in our studio are running the latest version of Mojave, but the screen saver never comes on and the Mac's won't automatically sleep when they are supposed to.

I did some investigation and it turns out that it is Adobe Bridge that is causing the problem (see attached image).

Please fix this as soon as possible! Screen savers and sleep are designed to protect hardware and save power and Bridge disabling this is shocking.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bridge has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has disabled GPU rendering which uses the graphics hardware.

While in Windows Explorer, right click on an image or folder -> Open with Bridge

Opens Bridge, shows the below message, doesn't respond and closes shortly after.
    "Bridge has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has disabled GPU rendering which uses the graphics hardware. Please restart Bridge for an optimal experience.
    Check the manufacturer's website for the latest software."

Happenes on PC with Windows 10 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
    and new Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 and Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620
    Drivers are checked and up to date.

Opening a file/folder from the explorer the…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  CRASH  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bridge for Mac OSX High Sierra. On Version 9.1.0.338 : Loses Focus on delete

Loses Focus on each photo deleted, returning to the top of the thumbnails :(

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. scrolling in bridge is still broken.

Latest update did not fix the scrolling bug again. Scrolling is still infuriatingly jumpy.

PLEASE find someone, ANYONE, a temp, a student, a janitor, someone to look into this. the NEEDS to be fixed.

Attached for reference, shows you the SMALLEST scrolling 'tick' you can move.

This is 320px!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  INSTALL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. adobe bridge 2019 labels not working after using reject

after latest Camera Raw update whenever I use reject label for any files, I am unable to apply any other labels until I reset the preferences. I am using MacOSX Mojave and Bridge CC(2019) with the latest update. I just don't get it why this happen after Camera RAW/Photoshop update.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Adobe needs to provide a fast rollback of Bridge CC 2019 - I CAN"T WORK

Give your PAYING customers an easy way to rollback this terrible update.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

BUG- NEED MORE INFO  ·  9 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. every file launches after effects

Since the last update, every file i double click launches after effects for import !
    This concerns adobe extensions (psd, ai, ...) and other extensions (pdf, ppt, doc, docx, ...).
    Such a pain to see every new update only generates new bugs and no usefull features...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't use the "cut and paste" function, only "copy and paste" in Bridge CC 2019

I just installed Bridge CC 2019 yesterday on MacOS Sierra. On local and Network drive files, the option to perform an EDIT -> Cut the file is greyed out. Command + X doesn't work either. I can only Copy and Paste. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, didn't work. I tried running Bridge 2018 separarely on my MacOS system, and the file cut function works as is it's supposed to. It also works on my Bridge CC 2019 on Windows 10 system as it should, so this is really limited to my install of Bridge 2019 on my iMac.

Anyone else…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bridge CC 2019 Not Responding

Constantly seeing the "not responding" error and/or unacceptable waiting times and/or total crash in both Bridge CC 2018 and 2019. Unfortunately Bridge is completely unusable.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. After upgrading Bridge to version 9.0.3.279 all keywords have been erased

I am using macOS High Sierra v10.13.6. I have spent years building an extensive list of well categorized keywords. After upgrading Bridge to version 9.0.3.279 all my custom keywords have been erased! There was nothing but a very short list of what I assume must be default keywords installed with the software. By going through old photos, I can see that my keywords are still attached to those files. By selecting them, I can get Bridge to temporarily load the keywords but I have to manually make each one persistent in order to add it back into my keyword library.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. image selection flow

When I am scrolling through the thumbnails, I will typically delete images I no longer want. The next image in order would then be highlighted and show full size. After the most recent update, after I delete the image, the selection reverts back to the end of the file, and I need to start the scrolling process from the beginning again. Can I get it to work as it did previously ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Get Photos From Camera functionality does not recognize my iPhone

The "Get Photos From Camera" functionality does not recognize my iphone.

When I plug in my iPhone to my PC and I click "Get Photos From Camera", the Photo Downloader window opens, but the "Get Photos from:" dropdown box does not show the phone.

I am using Bridge version 9.1.0.338 on Windows 10.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Rating (star) assignment with one click

It would be great if you could assign a star rating to a photo with one click on the star under the image. Right now if you click on a star for a photo not already selected, it highlights (making you think you are assigning a rating), but doesn't stick. You must make sure the photo is selected first before clicking on the rating.

I would suggest either not highlighting the stars when you hover or click on an unselected photo (this is confusing), or allow you to implicitly select a photo when you click on a star.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  3 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bridge crashes while starting viewing a collection

I can not open Bridge anymore. Whenever Bridge starts while a collection is being displayed, it will freeze and crash right away. Since I closed Bridge last time after working on a collection it will automatically start viewing thiscollection. That is a problem. It is now impossible to start Bridge anymore since it will freeze and crash immediately.

The collection contains about 400 pictures. No way to start the app anymore without a work around (right click on a picture in explorer "open in Bridge").

Please fix asap.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  CRASH  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base