Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get Info

It would be nice if there were a 'Get Info' command in Bridge for each file and folder. More times often than not I have to find information about a file whose information is not contained in the metadata window. For this I have to 'reveal in finder' and then 'get info'. It would be nice to have that as a shortcut in Bridge or display that full information in a panel to the side.

Hopping back to the finder is a bit cumbersome and makes me want to stay in the finder to work after that, rather than use…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Arbitrary Exif Tag To Filter (e.g. SceneCaptureType)

The filter panel allows to show files that match some attributes. Some exif tags like exposure time are already included, others can only be shown in the Metadata Panel. I would wish to be be able to filter by the tag 'SceneCaptureType' or even every possible tag.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Revert the coloured labelling dot back to a visible line!

On previous versions of Bridge, the label was a highly visible coloured line under the image. On Bridge 2019, they have changed the label to an inconspicuous and highly missable small coloured dot.

Please revert back to the old line, or give us the option on how the label should look.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One version to rule them all ....

I now have two versions of Bridge (9/10) on my machine after this last update. The new version did not create a desktop shortcut, and if I open one version the other will not open and vice versa. Am I supposed to pick/choose between the two for some logical reason? If so, what is it? If the newer is not completely sufficient to replace the old, why was it auto-installed on my machine?

I don't want gigs of redundant programs on my workstation. I don't want a new version if it cannot completely take over for the old. I don't…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. One login for everything Adobe

I am logged in to my Adobe account on one browser tab, am posting here in another. Why does this ask me for an email address and refuse to post if I do not enter it? Why does it offer Facebook/Google as login options?

If I am logged in my paid account, everything Adobe should have me logged in. Same thing happens with the Create magazine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Save/Update workspace

The ability to modify and save the current workspace would be very useful. At the moment the current workspace can be modified but not saved under the same workspace name, it has to be saved under a new name and then the old name deleted.

E.g. I have a "Photography" workspace. If I want to change it I cannot resave it as "Photography", I save it as "Photography1" and then delete "Photography". Then, I cannot rename "Photography1" as "Photography".

Once the old "Photography" has been deleted I can then load "Phorography1", save it as "Photography" and then delete "Photography1".

Eventually,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create PDF from Bridge

Hi. With all the integration being built between apps, it would be great to be able to "quick-export" a PDF of an indesign / illustrator file (any file for that matter), from within bridge, without having to open a file within it's application and run PDF exports.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF OUTPUT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. after pressing spacebar to get full screen preview image becomes distorted and glitched out, thought my screen was broken but I find out

after pressing spacebar to get full screen preview image becomes distorted and glitched out, thought my screen was broken but I find out its a common issue.
    Please hurry up and fix this as im starting to like Lightroom. and will be promoting it to everyone .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Adjust text size for watermark in Output

Bridge 2020: In the watermark feature in Output, you used to be able to adjust the text size to whatever font size you needed to cover the image, now it only goes to 48 which is really small. I usually work with text at 125 and am no longer able to do so. I really need this function fixed, otherwise it's almost a pointless feature at this tiny size. Also, not a fan of the Output Preview page and the fact that the Output Settings reset every time you close the program. Can we please go back to 2017? That…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF OUTPUT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add the option to remove "Preserved Filename" in metadata

Currently under Batch Rename there's an option to "Preserve current filename in XMP metadata" but there's no way to get rid of these preserved filenames after they are no longer useful (or simply because they disclose outdated or confidential information).

One way to do this would be to add a "remove preserved filename" checkbox to the Batch Rename dialog box; that way you could just rename the the files a second time to clear the preserved filename.

Another way to do it would be in the metadata panel; just make the "Preserved Filename" field deletable. You could also add a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. More colour labels

Pleas add more colour option or the ability to make custom colours for labels in Bridge. There are currently only 5, which when working at a large scale or with big teams is not enough!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please Undo Some "Improvements" to Bridge 2019

1) Where's my true black background? For as long as I've worked with Adobe products I've kept my workspace backgrounds as close to black as possible. Bridge 2018 accommodated me. Bridge 2019 does not: nearest I can get to black is an insipid and annoyingly bright neutral gray. Please restore my option to work against true black.

2) Please make star ratings optional. I do not use star ratings and when stars were much smaller I could ignore them. Now they take up a good chunk of real estate beneath my image, making information I do choose to show hard…

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

This feature has been released in Bridge v10.0. You can update Bridge to see this feature.

At the bottom of the Content Pane, there is an option to hide Tiles and ‘Show Thumbnails only’. If tiles are hidden, the image backdrop can be changed to pure black from Edit→Preferences→Interface→Image backdrop.

Thank you for your feedback on User Voice.

Regards,
    Teja V.
    Senior Product Manager, Adobe Bridge

13. Thumbnail Boxes

The darker boxes around each and every thumbnail image, omg, get rid of those or at least make it optional. Its just awful. I am told on the forum "The dark grey boxes around assets in content panel is designed for better view of assets." Thats a hell of a thing to assume, it makes me want to scratch my eyes out. Please PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Choose color space for EXPORT.

Files are automatically exported as sRGB color space. What if I need to export to Adobe RGB, ProPhoto, or something else? Please add this option to export settings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Develop a mobile application

Adobe already has a lot of other common applications in mobile form available for download on the app store for apple and the google play store for android. Developing an app for Bridge would be seriously helpful for my company when we have out of town meetings and need to access some photos for some show and tell. This would eliminate the need for myself to create a whole new library on a different platform for my bosses to use instead of what we already use for photo management.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Reduce space wasting in Bridge 2019 UI

Since Bridge 2019, the whole UI is "larger" and needs more space. There is more space between the items in the folder list, the keyword list, and the favorites items. Thus, only half of the list fits to the same space as before.
    Also the space between thumbnails in the grid view was enlarged.

Please enable an option as für the "Text Size" that let the user bring up more content in a compacter manner.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Bridge users,

As one of the top voted features, this is actively under development. We plan to provide option to hide the tiles so that you can see larger thumbnails and zoom out if you need to see more assets in Content View. While 9.1 (released) has some improvements, the upcoming Bridge release this year end will have significant improvements in this area. As far as the folder view and Keywords is concerned, we hope to address that next year.

Meanwhile, some of you may benefit from the existing “View Menu→Show Thumbnails Only” to see more assets in Content View.

Thank you for your vote.

Teja Vepakomma
    Senior Product Manager,
    Adobe Bridge

17. Allow users to have 8 labels which can be given unique names by users. This is already the case with competitors such as Photo Mechanic

Allow users to have 8 labels which can be given unique names by users. This is already the case with competitors such as Photo Mechanic and other software vendors. I am reluctant to move away from Photo Mechanic to Adobe Bridge because I find it so useful. This is already a popular idea on the forum as can be seen from many posts

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. ADOBE BRIDGE : SHOW FULL FILENAME IN PREVIEW WINDOW UNDER GRAPHIC

Finder is AWEFUL compared to ADOBE BRIDGE for reviewing images.
    In Adobe Bridge, there's PLENTY of space under the graphic in PREVIEW window to show the full file image. NEED THIS... BADLY.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use Operating system cursors

Use Operating system cursors!! FCOL, is this so hard? Bridge for CS6 was far better.

The miserable, tiny, black cursor must have been a brain fart on the part of a non-user of this product!

I use Windows Extra Large, white cursors so that I can actually SEE what I'm doing, not spend my time looking for a black cursor on a dark background! And I have about 20/15 vision (with glasses), so God help anyone with less than absolutely perfect vision.

While you are at it, offer a wider range of colour densities in PREFERENCES/INTERFACE.

Also make the ICONS…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Filter Dates as per MS Excel Autofilter

When filtering any date field, the dates from every photo are included, which can make an extremely long list. Searching for one particular date is time consuming.

A much better way to present dates is as per Microsoft's Excel AutoFilter feature, whereby initially only years are listed, which can then be individually expanded into months, which in turn can then individual expanded into days.

Please see the image attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base