Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Image Backdrop-need pure white tone

Image backdrop needs to be a user defined tone as previous versions allowed. Pure white is definitely needed to double check images that are required to have a 255 255 255 background. Had to revert to 2018 version.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Bridge Users,

This feature is now available to try as a Beta (Prerelease)

Please go to https://adobeprerelease.com and Select Adobe Bridge and sign up for our prerelease program to have an early look at this feature and provide feedback. You will need to download
    Bridge v10.0 Drop 2. Please also take a look at the documentation for this drop.

Summary of changes:
    At the bottom of the Content Panel, we have provide 2 checkboxes:
    1. Tiles (to show/hide tiles)
    2. Thumbnails only (to show/hide ratings and file names)

If the tiles are removed, you can change the color of the interface around the thumbnails from pure white to pure black. Edit Menu → Preferences → Interface → Image Backdrop

Click on a Color Theme to reset to defaults.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
    Teja Vepakomma
    Senior Product Manager
    Adobe Bridge

2. MXF format support

Add support for the MXF file format. How on earth this is not already a 'feature' is beyond belief!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Keyword Panel to Float Outside Bridge Window

Please consider making the keyword panel a floating panel that we can move outside the main Bridge window. It would be so much more convenient. If you do consider this idea, please also consider a better layout for finding and creating new keywords to minimize the amount of scrolling.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to constrain both height and width + add sharpening: EXPORT

The added Export Panel in Bridge 2020 (10.0.0.124) is great!
    And it is nice to be able to apply a metadata template!

However, it may lack a couple of features. This is in addition to the selection of color space requested here: "Choose color space for EXPORT":
    https://adobebridge.uservoice.com/forums/905323-feature-request/suggestions/38995624-choose-color-space-for-export

Additional features requested:

1) Option to be able to constrain both height and width of output files in "Image Size" (like "Fit Image..." in Photoshop or "Resize to Fit" in Lightroom Classic)

2) Output Sharpening (like "Output Sharpening" in Lightroom, or maybe a bit more flexible)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. PROBLEMAS CON BRIDGE

LA ULTIMA VERSION DE BRIGE CON CATALINA SE ME CIERRA POR ERROR CON CIERTA FRECUENCIA. ADEMÁS NO ME ABRE LOS ARCHIVOS JPG CON DOBLE CLICK, ETC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. バグ

ファイルの名前変更が出来ない

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Please add option to show photos in two folders side-by-side

Please add option to show photos in two folders side-by-side (similar to Aperture). This would be a very valuable feature where users could compare contents of two folders and even move photos between folders. All other panels could apply to both folders (filtering, metadata, etc.). Having two views side by side would be the greatest additional feature to Bridge!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. One login for everything Adobe

I am logged in to my Adobe account on one browser tab, am posting here in another. Why does this ask me for an email address and refuse to post if I do not enter it? Why does it offer Facebook/Google as login options?

If I am logged in my paid account, everything Adobe should have me logged in. Same thing happens with the Create magazine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Light mode

Please please please please Adobe, in general, recognise that some of us struggle like you can't imagine working in Dark Mode. We need an InDesign style light mode so that we can see the icons etc.

For those of us who have bright lights (like the sun) shining indirectly behind our monitors, dark mode is almost useless and makes it almost impossible without shifting around or moving the monitor from side to side to be able to read what is on the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automatic Brightness on full screen view

There is actually an automatic brightness adjustment at when i click "space" to see something il full screen mode.
    I would like an option to keep the same screen brightness between full screen mode and normal mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enough with the UI "improvements." Let's go back to the Bridge 2018 User Interface. Please.

Want to solve all these user interface complaints? Look at Bridge 2018. It was better than the current user interface in EVERY WAY.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add support for Corel Painter files

Corel Painter is an awesome program for freehand natural media image creation.. In essence it can be an awesome plug in for Photoshop. It's native file format is .rif and Bridge only displays the painter logo so hard to find an image I wish to open when I'm working in Painter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CACHE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow empty cells/fields in PDF-Output module!

Sorting of pictures in PDF-Output via cells works fine.
    But it would be much better if empty cells would be allowed!
    Sometimes in a 3x2 sheet there are 5 pictures and the next page contains another sequence …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF OUTPUT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disable Thumbnail and Preview Generation, and Caching

Thumbnails and previews are agonizingly slow to generate. Regardless of what settings I change, they take way too long to load, and often times don't load at all. Cache size, cache file size limit, preview quality, etc, none of them are effective, especially for videos since some cache settings don't apply to them. I would like the ability to apply keywords to files quickly. In my case, and I'm sure often enough for others, the thumbnails and previews are excess information. Generating them takes too long to make the workflow possible at all. Please consider. Thank you.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Bridge Users,

Have you tried setting the following Preferences?
    Edit Menu→Preferences→Thumbnails→Do Not Process files larger than 1000 MB. Change this to 1 MB.

Also, on the right hand side of the folder navigation bar on top, drop down next to the triangle (Option for thumbnail quality and previews) and select “Prefer Embedded (faster)”. Screenshot attached.

Let us know if this helps by commenting on User Voice.

16. Save keyword list in creative cloud account

It would be interesting to save the list of keywords and their structure in the creative cloud account automatically.

That way, the information would be backed up in case of formatting the computer or its failure and not having exported the list.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatically write xmp files

As there is in lightroom it would be beneficial if there were a checkbox to automatically write XMPs for all files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Camera Raw Adjustment Brush - Erase adjustment not enabled

If I add an adjustment brush I will not able to delete/erase a particular area from it.
    I can click on [Erase] but after the first click on the image it change automatically to [Add].

Every time I make a mistake I need to delete the entire adjustment and make a new one.

It's all started from 1 week.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. histogram

Could we see HISTOGRAM in Adobe Bridge? It's very important for photographers. (I know Adobe is more suited for Designers and they don't need it...)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Display saved version in file attributes

Hello, is it possible to additionally show in the file properties in which version a file was saved? For example EPS-8, EPS-10, AI CC or PS CC. This would be especially good for EPS. Many thanks, Gabi

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base