Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

How can we improve Adobe Bridge?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. dual monitor support or a new syncronized window

Many user works with a second monitor. In bridge cc 2019 it´s unable to work with a second monitor like in Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop/Lightroom. My wish is a dual monitor support or a new syncronized window.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maps

Please, there should be the option, to display the GPS in a map (alternativly with my own map-account) for fast orientation without changing applikation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When editing "Capture Time" show all the different Date/Time fields and their contents, plus allow parsing the filename.

When I take screenshots on my phone, it does not record the capture time in the proper metadata fields. Instead, the file name includes the actual capture date and time. To make matters worse, when I use the Windows 10 File Explorer to copy the files off of the phone, it assigns the "File Creation" date & time as the time I did the copy. So, the creation times of all those screenshots must be repaired. I am sure other people have similar "sources of images" that do not set metadata or file dates properly, but do set at least…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EDIT CAPTURE TIME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Collection Sets

Could we have the feature to put Collections into folders (Sets and subsets) avoiding lengthy lists of Collections.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Context Menu: Rearrange "Delete" and "Duplicate" commands to prevent accidential deletion

When using the Content Panel, the user may right-click a file/folder to access commands. The context menu includes the items "Duplicate" and "Delete". The two commands are immediately adjacent which presents a risk that the user will accidental select delete when intending to duplicate.

Please reorder the context menu items in order to separate the "Delete" command from other items, especially items beginning with the same letter. For example, place the "Delete" command at the absolute bottom of the context menu with a horizontal rule above it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LIBRARY PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LIBRARY PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Broaden Criteria in "Find" Dialogue

In the "Find" dialogue there are many omissions in the selectable criteria.
    For example one can search for "Altitude" but not "City".
    A further notable omission is that it is not possible to search for "Author" (or "Creator") even though images can be filtered by "Author".
    This renders it impossible to create Smart Collections based on image Author.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. "Photo downloader"

Bridge's Photo Downloader used to maintain the user's settings after each use. (Such as file folder destination and subfolder setting.) But now it always reverts to the default setting making me change it each time before downloading photos. Please fix it to keep the user settings until changed by the user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A workable file/image sharing infrastructure for local networks (small teams)

Problem:
    Small teams working in local networks share tons of files with each others.
    Its always a pain to use Bridge to find the files, tags, previews, comments, ratings and everything else that makes Bridge such a good thing.

The usual trick is to have local cache (in each folder), but then everyone on the team has to re-search the shared folders manually and frequently, to discover updated files, tags, ratings, etc.
    Sometimes its slow, other times the files are locked, other times the sharer clears its cache.

It can become painful when the volume of assets at play goes…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Showing Infos permanent in Fullscreen mode

In Fullscreen Mode, Infos like how many stars/rating an Image has, is only displayed if I would set a Rating to an Image.
    It would be very nice if this Info could displayed permanently with a shortcut or a Setting in the Settings window.
    Often I would like to see the Rating in Fullscreen, but it's only possible to see it if I gave a new Rating to an Image, but first I have to look if there already is a Rating, to set it back to the original value after the Rating Infos are displayed.
    That's annoying.
    Thanks a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. New version 2019, but still lacking of: no HiDPI support for 150%

Most other Adobe Apps have now HiDPI support. But Bridge supports only 100% or 200% (i'm on Windows)!
    But I have a 27" Monitor with UHD (3840x2160) and Windows is set to 150%. Thats because with 100% all Elements are to small to read and with 200% everything is to big and the advantages of the high resolution are not used.
    That's why 150% is ideal. Photoshop, InDesign etc. are perfect optimized for this value in between, but not Bridge. With the new Setting for the type size, there are more possibilities (but the space between the text lines will…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HIGH DPI SUPPORT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Where is the status bar?

When opening a new folder I can not see anymore if the cache/preview is still working. In the earlier versions there was a status bar at the bottom that had a circle to show that it's still processing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  CACHE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Drop new folder files into bottom left panel

Being able to drop new file folders or files into bottom left panel on bridge.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LIBRARY PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. What happened to ability to *work* while thumbnails were being made?

In Bridge 2018 and earlier you could have a folder with say 1,000 new photos, enter it with Bridge, and start triaging content into other folders. Can not do this in Bridge 2019! Select a range of 20 photos say and Bridge plain locks up. Bridge has to generate all thumbnails first before you can work. It's an massive interruption to work flow. Consequently, I only work in Bridge 2018.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remove image from any selected collection, rathen than current collection

In Bridge an image can be in multiple Collections but there is no way to see which collections an image is in. Also there is no way to remove an image from a collections unless you already know what collection it is in, and you have to open that collection first.

I would Bridge Collections to have the equivalent Remove from Album feature from Photoshop Elements Organizer, where I can right click an image, and select Remove from Album and then select from the albums that contain that image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Folder color label

I would really like to color label folders in Bridge.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Folder dates

Can we please at least have the Date Modified and Date Created for folders on the Metadata panel? I feel like we used to have this feature before but it's gone now? It's still possible to see folder dates on the Filter panel so I know this info is available.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Load pictures

When I have to load pictures with the download tool, I have to fill in the date and copy every time ... so it has not been before ... there is some checkbox if something else I can do to get back as it was before

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Autofocus anzeigen lassen

1. Es wäre eine gute Idee, wenn man sich in der Bridge auch die Focuspunkte anzeigen lassen könnte ohne ein Plugin dafür laden zu müssen.
    2. Eine Exportfunktion der Fotos wäre ebenso eine sinnvolle Funktion.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base