Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

How can we improve Adobe Bridge?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Revert the coloured labelling dot back to a visible line!

On previous versions of Bridge, the label was a highly visible coloured line under the image. On Bridge 2019, they have changed the label to an inconspicuous and highly missable small coloured dot.

Please revert back to the old line, or give us the option on how the label should look.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please Undo Some "Improvements" to Bridge 2019

1) Where's my true black background? For as long as I've worked with Adobe products I've kept my workspace backgrounds as close to black as possible. Bridge 2018 accommodated me. Bridge 2019 does not: nearest I can get to black is an insipid and annoyingly bright neutral gray. Please restore my option to work against true black.

2) Please make star ratings optional. I do not use star ratings and when stars were much smaller I could ignore them. Now they take up a good chunk of real estate beneath my image, making information I do choose to show hard…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Old Label visuals much better than new 'dot' feature

Wondered if there is a way to make the labels in Bridge CC 2019 more pronounced like in the previous version vs the tiny dots they are now? Preferences does not seem to offer this option. I much prefer the old labels that were easier to better illustrate my workflow (approved, review, work on, etc.) at a glance. These tiny dots require more attention to determine what I am looking at.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Reduce space wasting in Bridge 2019 UI

Since Bridge 2019, the whole UI is "larger" and needs more space. There is more space between the items in the folder list, the keyword list, and the favorites items. Thus, only half of the list fits to the same space as before.
    Also the space between thumbnails in the grid view was enlarged.

Please enable an option as für the "Text Size" that let the user bring up more content in a compacter manner.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Bridge users,

As one of the top voted features, this is actively under development. We plan to provide option to hide the tiles so that you can see larger thumbnails and zoom out if you need to see more assets in Content View. While 9.1 (released) has some improvements, the upcoming Bridge release this year end will have significant improvements in this area. As far as the folder view and Keywords is concerned, we hope to address that next year.

Meanwhile, some of you may benefit from the existing “View Menu→Show Thumbnails Only” to see more assets in Content View.

Thank you for your vote.

Teja Vepakomma
    Senior Product Manager,
    Adobe Bridge

5. Thumbnail Boxes

The darker boxes around each and every thumbnail image, omg, get rid of those or at least make it optional. Its just awful. I am told on the forum "The dark grey boxes around assets in content panel is designed for better view of assets." Thats a hell of a thing to assume, it makes me want to scratch my eyes out. Please PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Image Backdrop-need pure white tone

Image backdrop needs to be a user defined tone as previous versions allowed. Pure white is definitely needed to double check images that are required to have a 255 255 255 background. Had to revert to 2018 version.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Old interface in Bridge 8 was much better than new!

I think not need to change things that was good.
    New interface is too "designed": previously it was more compact, without extra featuгes as big grey stars, wide grey frames around images and many other.
    New features must adjusted in Preferences in more detailed style.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Disable Thumbnail and Preview Generation, and Caching

Thumbnails and previews are agonizingly slow to generate. Regardless of what settings I change, they take way too long to load, and often times don't load at all. Cache size, cache file size limit, preview quality, etc, none of them are effective, especially for videos since some cache settings don't apply to them. I would like the ability to apply keywords to files quickly. In my case, and I'm sure often enough for others, the thumbnails and previews are excess information. Generating them takes too long to make the workflow possible at all. Please consider. Thank you.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Bridge Users,

Have you tried setting the following Preferences?
    Edit Menu→Preferences→Thumbnails→Do Not Process files larger than 1000 MB. Change this to 1 MB.

Also, on the right hand side of the folder navigation bar on top, drop down next to the triangle (Option for thumbnail quality and previews) and select “Prefer Embedded (faster)”. Screenshot attached.

Let us know if this helps by commenting on User Voice.

9. I don't like the new Content window.

There's too much wasted space between the thumbnails. Also, the dark boxes around the thumbnails are really unnecessary and distracting. I prefer the view of CC 2018. Please make this new look optional, and/or allow users to turn these boxes off in preferences.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Smooth scrolling PLEASE!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make the scrolling smooth! This will make the experience infinitely better. Currently it's just awful on the eye to track where you're at while scrolling.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow "Edit Capture Time" to Also Modify .TIFF files for Those Who Scan and Archive Old Photos!

Your new "Edit Capture Time" feature is great! But, strangely it only seems to work with .JPG and RAW photos — which in most cases when we have the settings set correctly, already have the correct time and date embedded for us via our digital cameras

When we REALLY need to be able to edit the Capture Time and Date the most is when we scan photos with our flatbed scanners, and the date and time for the photo is set by our scanning software to be the date and time we scanned the photo, not of course, when we took…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  EDIT CAPTURE TIME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. List of things to improve Bridge

1. Improve performance - I work with 60mb raw files (5dsR) and the generation of full size previews is painfully slow.
    2. Bring back the preview generation counter (as above it would be nice to know if preview generation is a coffee or lunch wait)
    3 Bring back white background options as per 2018
    4 Bring back HTML web galleries
    5 Allow HSL be painted by adjustment brush
    6 I have yet to make HDR Panorama work (even with -2 0 +2 bracketing) with shift lens. Panorama works perfectly.
    7 Fix CC colour sync
    8 Put back "labels" the way…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. ADD THE ABILITY TO HAVE TABS

Please add the ability to have tabs like the "Finder" windows have. I would never use Finder again if Adobe Bridge had tabs! Please and thank you!

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add support for Cr3 files in file type associations

The new Canon Camera Raw format .cr3 is not in the Adobe Bridge file type association

When selecting a batch of .cr3 files, press Enter and Photoshop will not be processed in batches like .cr2

Refer https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2566441 for original request

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better use of Preview space

This image says it all really... https://i.imgur.com/EusM032.png

At least show us the full filename?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable Quick Look quality previewing with Spacebar (Mac)

Hitting Spacebar in Finder brings up a full screen high quality preview of many files (including PDFs).
    Doing so in Bridge brings up a tiny low resolution preview. Adobe invented PDFs, can we please have this simple feature in Bridge? Even if there was an option to use Quick Look rendering rather than Bridge rendering.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF PREVIEW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable Mojave Dark Mode support for title bar

The title says it all really: at the moment even with Dark Mode running on Mojave and the Bridge Color Theme set to darkest setting, the Bridge title bar is light grey and distracting.

Would be great if this could be fixed soon, don't really want to wait until 2020 version for something so straightforward.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add Dark Mode / Leave Color Labels as previous versions (or give user the option)

Please add Dark Mode / Leave Color Labels as previous versions (or give user the option)

Can you please leave Color Labels as before? Although it is now consistent with the latest version of MAC OS (Color dots), I really miss the way you could easily see files labeled with the color bar. It is just much easier to spot what you are looking for. Also, Dark Mode would be nice and consistent with some of your other apps like Illustrator and Photoshop 2019. I really don't understand the lack of consistency here... It would be nice to be able…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Status Bar in Bridge

Hello, I wanted to report a functionality that was lost with the last update this month. It's about the lower status bar which has been eliminated, preventing that the information about file count, selected and size can be completely visualized. In my case, I use the content panel at the minimum size to be able to see the preview of the image as large as possible, with which I lose the information of the files as the status bar is no longer there. I hope you can find a solution because it is something important in the bridge workflow.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Adobe Bridge 2019... Color Setting synchronization for other CC apps is broken

This version Bridge will not save my selection for Color Setting; subsequently other applications are not being synchronized.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base