Skip to content

Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1080 results found

1. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE would you restore the 'open in a new window' facility. I am deeply unimpressed with your new tab system.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE would you restore the 'open in a new window' facility. I am deeply unimpressed with your new tab system.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge 2024 (Version 14.0.0.102).

In this release, our team has successfully introduced the much-requested Multi-Window feature, Keyboard Shortcut customisation, Compress/Extract capability along with other enhancements.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,

Bridge Team

2. Old interface in Bridge 8 was much better than new!

I think not need to change things that was good.
    New interface is too "designed": previously it was more compact, without extra featuгes as big grey stars, wide grey frames around images and many other.
    New features must adjusted in Preferences in more detailed style.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This request has been addressed in v10.0 of Bridge released earlier this month.

Please upgrade to see the change.

You have options at the bottom of the content pane to Hide Tiles and Show Thumbnails only. These options will allow you to see larger thumbnails and more content by using the zoom slider.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,
    Teja
    Senior Product Manager,
    Adobe Bridge

3. Use keyword panel as a filter with AND operator.

Preferably importable and exportable like the panel.

Operators like AND, OR, NOT etc. could be selectable for each keyword using multi-click signs as in the panel, with AND as default (anyway).

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. >Bring back " Open New window" For god sake!!!!

Bring back New window to Bridge!!!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

In this release, our team has successfully introduced the much-requested Multi-Window feature, Keyboard Shortcut customisation, Compress/Extract capability along with other enhancements.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,

Bridge Team

5. Collection Sets

Could we have the feature to put Collections into folders (Sets and subsets) avoiding lengthy lists of Collections.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. So many shortcuts broken!

Ctrl + N no longer makes a new window (content tabs do not replace this function)
    No KB shortcut for new content tab from existing folder (default folder choice is very limited)
    Ctrl+scroll wheel no longer sizes icons
    Back and forward mouse buttons no longer navigate folders
    JPEG and RAW now copy together with no apparent option to alter behaviour

New features are nice but not when they cripple existing workflows!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

7. Allow AND link for keywords in the filter panel

I want to use keywords to find specific images fast and regularly, so using the find dialog and filling out all dropdowns is too slow. I also have a lot of keywords and often want to search for different combinations, so using a smart collection does not help. I want to narrow down my selection of images and therefore need an option to use logical AND when selecting multiple keywords.

I personally never need the default OR link and don't care about where this option will be presented. Possible are the panel menu at the top right of the panel,…

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Disable Thumbnail and Preview Generation, and Caching

Thumbnails and previews are agonizingly slow to generate. Regardless of what settings I change, they take way too long to load, and often times don't load at all. Cache size, cache file size limit, preview quality, etc, none of them are effective, especially for videos since some cache settings don't apply to them. I would like the ability to apply keywords to files quickly. In my case, and I'm sure often enough for others, the thumbnails and previews are excess information. Generating them takes too long to make the workflow possible at all. Please consider. Thank you.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Bridge Users,

Have you tried setting the following Preferences?
    Edit Menu→Preferences→Thumbnails→Do Not Process files larger than 1000 MB. Change this to 1 MB.

Also, on the right hand side of the folder navigation bar on top, drop down next to the triangle (Option for thumbnail quality and previews) and select “Prefer Embedded (faster)”. Screenshot attached.

Let us know if this helps by commenting on User Voice.

9. Bring back the ability to open more than one bridge window in windows 11

Bridge had the ability to open more than one instance of the software. that was a basic and extremely essential feature of an image browser that Adobe doesn't provide anymore which forces me to look for alternatives to the adobe software although I'm paying for this. I find Adobe to be very disappointing recently.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

10. Please urgently restore multiple windows in Bridge!

Turns out I must have difficulties with short term memory of multiple images when moving files around! I am very visual in my workflow and really need to actually see the window I have moved an image from AND the window I have moved it to, with the names of the Folders etc in each Bridge Window. Whoever designed this New Content Tab arrangement must have a good visual memory...or maybe does not work with multiple images. As an artist/ illustrator I do....and for the life of me I keep getting lost with this new arrangement! Please give us back…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

11. Multiple windows, panel selection

Restore multiple windows. Having multiple "content" panels does not serve the same purpose. Switching between the content panels is vastly annoying in comparison to switching between multiple Bride windows.

Panel selection...

(tldr: panels become "selected" when clicking on them and it loses your place in the other panel as well as using arrow keys after making a selection moves through the new panel rather than the content panel)

In previous versions of Bridge, when I would select a filter in the filter panel, the image I had selected in the content panel would remain highlighted and I could continue to…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

12. More colour labels

Pleas add more colour option or the ability to make custom colours for labels in Bridge. There are currently only 5, which when working at a large scale or with big teams is not enough!

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Opening Multiple Windows has vanished....why?

I'm one of hundreds, if not thousands of Bridge users who were shocked when the File>Open New Window feature had been removed with the latest version 13.02.636
    Please restore this feature. Also it would be nice if someone from Adobe would acknowledge the amount of dissatisfaction shown here and also on the community forum about the removal of this legacy feature and reassure us that it will be reinstated on the next update.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FOLDER PANEL  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

14. I don't like the new Content window.

There's too much wasted space between the thumbnails. Also, the dark boxes around the thumbnails are really unnecessary and distracting. I prefer the view of CC 2018. Please make this new look optional, and/or allow users to turn these boxes off in preferences.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. List of things to improve Bridge

1. Improve performance - I work with 60mb raw files (5dsR) and the generation of full size previews is painfully slow.
    2. Bring back the preview generation counter (as above it would be nice to know if preview generation is a coffee or lunch wait) 3 Bring back white background options as per 2018 4 Bring back HTML web galleries 5 Allow HSL be painted by adjustment brush 6 I have yet to make HDR Panorama work (even with -2 0 +2 bracketing) with shift lens. Panorama works perfectly. 7 Fix CC colour sync 8 Put back "labels" the way they were…
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Restore the File > New Window feature in Bridge please

In a recent release of Bridge the New Window feature allowing to open multiple
    Bridge window was removed and replaced with multiple Content tabs.

This is a very bad idea, and does not do the same as the multiple window feature did, I used to have several windows open (with all it's folders and filmstrip and preview panels) and use it to organize folders and files. The fact that this very useful feature was removed severely hampers my entire workflow as a professional photographer.

I have been paying for Adobe Creative Suite for many many years and though bugs and…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

17. Show filesize of folders too

There seems to be no way to see the size of a folder from within Bridge. The only way seems to be to exit Bridge and use File Explorer (right-click>properties), which is obviously far from an ideal workflow. (Or else double click a folder and hit ctrl-A....but this becomes prohibitively time-consuming for folders with many subfolders)

Bridge's inability to show how much space a folder and its contents take up seems a strange oversight. If routinely scanning and calculating the filesize of folders would take a lot of extra CPU/SSD resources, then it could be an opt-in feature in the…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please save view option to Show Items from Subfolder

Please save view option to Show Items from Subfolder. No reason why users should have to select this option every time as we navigate folders. If we wish to see items in subfolders, allows us to ALWAYS see items in subfolders. Add option to Preferences if that helps add this feature.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

19. Add ARM version for support Apple Silicon M1 Mac

I know that it takes a lot of effort to recompile and release the entire "Bridge" to the ARM version,
    But I really hope that the Intel version of "Bridge" can at least open the ARM version of "Camera Raw"

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

20. Exclude Filter / invert filter

There are three things I’ve always wanted to do but never taken time to ask as a proper Feature Request :

I’d love Bridge to be able to invert a filtered view:
    Say I picked all my red labels, with 4 stars and more, mainly squared pictures.
    Now I want ALL the OTHER pictures.
    It means picking NO label + green and blue + ALL other formats.
    I’d love to do that in 1 click, even if that click is under a menu :)
    I’m thinking of the hamburger menu of the filter panel,
    The filter icon on top right…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?