Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide ability to customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Menu Items, and customize the top tool bar.

I would love to be able to assign a keyboard shortcut to the menu items for Tools>Photoshop>Batch and >Image Processor. Of course with this ability I imagine lots of people will want to be able to assign keyboard shortcuts for other menu items too.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  PREFERENCES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. histogram

Could we have a live histogram window for the selected image in Bridge?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Content window changes are not for the better

1) The dark boxes around the thumbnails are distracting and do not add anything useful.

2)The stars are WAY too large. Waste of space and a distraction.

3)Thumbnail sizes are now limited to some preset sizes when before you could smoothly drag the slider to perfectly fit your current needs.

4) The space between thumbnails is too large vertically.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add Dark Mode / Leave Color Labels as previous versions (or give user the option)

Please add Dark Mode / Leave Color Labels as previous versions (or give user the option)

Can you please leave Color Labels as before? Although it is now consistent with the latest version of MAC OS (Color dots), I really miss the way you could easily see files labeled with the color bar. It is just much easier to spot what you are looking for. Also, Dark Mode would be nice and consistent with some of your other apps like Illustrator and Photoshop 2019. I really don't understand the lack of consistency here... It would be nice to be able…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Collection Sets

Could we have the feature to put Collections into folders (Sets and subsets) avoiding lengthy lists of Collections.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. "Open with…" option

I would like to request the addition of an "Open with…" whereby I can open a RAW file (say a NEF) in another Raw converter and do the develop / process in this app. Then save say in TIFF and return to the Adobe environment, to continue work on this externally converted file.

In the case of a NEF I would (in an ideal world) "Open with…" Nikon ViewNXi/ Capture NX-D, do the Raw conversion, then export a TIFF back to Lightroom/ Bridge.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Status Bar in Bridge

Hello, I wanted to report a functionality that was lost with the last update this month. It's about the lower status bar which has been eliminated, preventing that the information about file count, selected and size can be completely visualized. In my case, I use the content panel at the minimum size to be able to see the preview of the image as large as possible, with which I lose the information of the files as the status bar is no longer there. I hope you can find a solution because it is something important in the bridge workflow.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Adobe Bridge 2019... Color Setting synchronization for other CC apps is broken

This version Bridge will not save my selection for Color Setting; subsequently other applications are not being synchronized.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Useful Dimensions on Metadata Panels for PDFs (and ideally INDD)

At the moment the metadata panel has useless (and misleading) dimensions for PDFs which are based off pixel preview data. It would be much more helpful if the panel could display the TrimBox values or just simple page dimensions (CropBox) if that's not available, either in mm or inches depending on your choice. Being able to show all the Page Boxes would be a dream. At the moment a user needs to launch Acrobat and dig to find that info.
    At the very least with CropBox data, a user could, for instance, tell if they're looking at an A4 or…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Darker / thicker typeface

Do not see a category for interface, all panels and windows. I prefer white / light interfaces rather than the dark gray. The new Bridge has settings for type size (thank you!) but on the lightest background the type is medium gray or too thin and very hard to see. Would like a way to make type black on the white or light gray backgrounds, or more bold. Have to go back to 2017. Thank you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Keyword filtering results that contains ALL keywords selected rather than ANY Keyword selected.

Hello,

This might already exists since it seems like such an obvious feature (also appears in other Adobe products e.g Lightroom) but it is the ability to filter files by multiple keywords with the results only showing result that contain all the keywords selected not just if they contain any of the selected keywords.

For example I have photos of different athletic events eg track; high jump; triple jump; discus etc. these also have the keywords for the country they represent such as USA; GBR; BRA; RUS.

What happens right now when I select the keywords "High jump" and "GBR"…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make "Show subfolders items" as default an option

Please Adobe, make the "Show subfolders items" as default an option in Bridge preferences and this way, preserve some of us from uselessly clicking more than we should!
    Tendinitis is common among users, did you know?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Restore separate control for image background color

My longstanding preference is for a light interface color and a dark image background. Please bring back the ability to control the two colors separately.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Better batch rename sequence numbers

When for example a batch rename sequence number of 1 digit is selected, if there are more than 10 photos, it repeats the sequence numbering 1-10 (or 0-9 or 1-9, whatever it is). I suggest that rather than doing this, it should simply move on to the next number. So if there were 20 photos, the sequence numbers would be 1-20. If you told it 2 digits, they would be 01-20. I.e. the number of digits specified is a LOWER LIMIT, but the actual number of digits used ought to be as many as necessary to provide a unique sequence…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Meta Data for Dimension for Print files

MetaData for Adobe Print Programs like Acrobat, Illustrator and InDesign.

Currently Bridge displays Pixel Dimensions for Web developers only.

It would be astronomically better if we could see Inches and or centimetres (depending on what the file was saved as)

you could make it even better still when programs like illustrator have more than 1 work art board. Just like previewing each art board in the preview pane, we should be able to see the dimensions change for each as well.

Moreover, if a poster is 24" x 36" the metadata should provide still the image contained info like 200…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. See PNG transparency

Be able to see transparency in PNG's and other formats with alpha capability. Right now, the background is black. Checkerboard or some other background.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Restoring of all previous opened Bridge windows like Browsers do

Like in Windows Explorer or all Browsers, it is possible to open some new windows in Bridge. But if you close Bridge and open it again, all windows would be closed but the last one. In Explorer or all Major Browsers you could set, that if you quit and Restart the App, that all previous opened windows would opened again.
    That would be great because everyday I'm working with many different Folders respectively windows.
    Thanks a lot
    Stefan

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. New version 2019, but still lacking of: no HiDPI support for 150%

Most other Adobe Apps have now HiDPI support. But Bridge supports only 100% or 200% (i'm on Windows)!
    But I have a 27" Monitor with UHD (3840x2160) and Windows is set to 150%. Thats because with 100% all Elements are to small to read and with 200% everything is to big and the advantages of the high resolution are not used.
    That's why 150% is ideal. Photoshop, InDesign etc. are perfect optimized for this value in between, but not Bridge. With the new Setting for the type size, there are more possibilities (but the space between the text lines will…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HIGH DPI SUPPORT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Filter keyword list as you type in the keyword search box

When Typing a keyword (for example, “Sky”) into the search box at the bottom of the keyword panel (using "contains" as a search parameter), there are probably more than 1 keywords that contain that text string, but the entire list still displays; so if you have a long list, often times the highlighted items are far away from each other in the list and they won’t show up in the panel together. Example: I have several pre-defined keywords in the list... all containing the string “Sky". But I am searching for just "Sky" so I can apply it to a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. View InDesign thumbnails as spreads

Many, many iterations ago, Bridge used to give you thumbnail of the whole opening spread for an InDesign document - which was brilliant for getting a rough overview of your mag. Somewhere around the time alternate layouts was added to InD though we got switched to just the opening page which isn't nearly as helpful. Can we have the (very) old system back?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base