Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. dual monitor support or a new syncronized window

Many user works with a second monitor. In bridge cc 2019 it´s unable to work with a second monitor like in Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop/Lightroom. My wish is a dual monitor support or a new syncronized window.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Photo downloader"

Bridge's Photo Downloader used to maintain the user's settings after each use. (Such as file folder destination and subfolder setting.) But now it always reverts to the default setting making me change it each time before downloading photos. Please fix it to keep the user settings until changed by the user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improved mouse wheel support - ACR

ACR requires a click on an adjustment button to enable adjustment to be scroll adjusted with the mouse scroll button. I would like this to be activated merely by the cursor being in 'proximity' to any adjustment slider. The click is superfluous / inefficient.

This scroll wheel support is a feature on Nikon Capture NX-D, SilkyPix DS, and Capture One Pro. Greater efficiency/ accuracy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Center Folder Names

Please center the title/folder names. Somehow on this new version name of all folders align left...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Multiple display options for GPS Data

There should be multiple display options (and thus conversion possibilities) for the GPS data in metadata, according to the most common geographical notations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add displaying labels from system

Please add displaying labels, wich are set in macOS. Or better, synchronize the colored labels from Bridge with the colored labels from macOS in both directions. This behavior also could be costumized in settings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display saved version in file attributes

Hello, is it possible to additionally show in the file properties in which version a file was saved? For example EPS-8, EPS-10, AI CC or PS CC. This would be especially good for EPS. Many thanks, Gabi

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to have 8 labels which can be given unique names by users. This is already the case with competitors such as Photo Mechanic

Allow users to have 8 labels which can be given unique names by users. This is already the case with competitors such as Photo Mechanic and other software vendors. I am reluctant to move away from Photo Mechanic to Adobe Bridge because I find it so useful. This is already a popular idea on the forum as can be seen from many posts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. It's hard to close the magnifying glass

It's hard to close the magnifying glass – the closing-cross could not be targeted easily
    kind regards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add "Date Added" to sort options

Please add the option of sorting a window by Date Added. This will allow finding the newest additions to a folder regardless of Date Captured or Date Modified.
    MacOS added this option to Finder sorting a few years ago.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add option to show photos in two folders side-by-side

Please add option to show photos in two folders side-by-side (similar to Aperture). This would be a very valuable feature where users could compare contents of two folders and even move photos between folders. All other panels could apply to both folders (filtering, metadata, etc.). Having two views side by side would be the greatest additional feature to Bridge!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bridge 2019 is painfully slow

Even after file previews are generated and cached Bridge is now painfully slow. Scrolling is slow, interacting with files is slow, browsing folders is slow. Sometimes the program will lock up for up to a minute. It's bad on both my respectable spec'ed AMD Ryzen work PC (quadcore-16gb ram), and it's slow on my monster spec home PC (intel 9900k-16gb ram).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. desktop shortcut and direct bookmarks

desktop shortcut and direct bookmarks within file browser and on start menu / toolbar in the OS so we can manage links via the OS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Printing from Bridge

It would be very helpful to be able to print from Bridge. Many times I have gone back to photos long after I have processed them to print them for another project. Just to do a simple function like printing I have to open the files in Photoshop, this seems to be an extra step that is unnecessary when a printing command would be so simple.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. No "number items, items selected" text in Filmstrip view

In Bridge > Filmstrip view, if I select 7 images there is no “7 items selected” wording anywhere in the bottom bar. "x items, y selected" is available in Essentials panel but not in Filmstrip panel . If I expand the Filmstrip panel then I can see "x items, y selected" at the bottom, but by expanding the Filmstrip panel I apparently am then forced to have 2 rows and 2 columns of image files; I always prefer only 1 column. Could this be tweaked, please. (Unless I'm mistaken, previously in Filmstrip view wasn't the "x items, y selected" info…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Moving files to any parent folder by dragging files to folder path bar

Windows files explorer allows me to move files from the current sub-folder to any parent folder displayed in the folder path bar by dragging the files to the name of any parent folder displayed in the folder path bar. I need this feature in Adobe Bridge.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Metadata Batch Removal

Similar to batch automation in photoshop. Select files batch remove ALL metadata. That shouldn't be too hard, should it?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show brushes and patterns as pictures

warum kann ich meine Presets nicht als Bild/Grafik in Bridge sehen und verwalten? Das wäre doch naheliegend und sinnvoll!
    Danke

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow users to set the location of the Media Cache.

The default location of the Media Cache is on my C:\ drive. I do not like the C:\ drive to be used for temporary files. The constant creation and deletion of temporary files on the C:\ drive greatly increases the chances for corruption of that drive. Instead, I partition a separate drive to use for temporary things like caches and my Temp folder.

Alternatively, some people might want to put the cache on a fast SSD drive while leaving their C:\ drive as a standard spinning disk.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CACHE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Context Menu: Rearrange "Delete" and "Duplicate" commands to prevent accidential deletion

When using the Content Panel, the user may right-click a file/folder to access commands. The context menu includes the items "Duplicate" and "Delete". The two commands are immediately adjacent which presents a risk that the user will accidental select delete when intending to duplicate.

Please reorder the context menu items in order to separate the "Delete" command from other items, especially items beginning with the same letter. For example, place the "Delete" command at the absolute bottom of the context menu with a horizontal rule above it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base