Skip to content

Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1076 results found

1. Enable Quick Look quality previewing with Spacebar (Mac)

Hitting Spacebar in Finder brings up a full screen high quality preview of many files (including PDFs).
    Doing so in Bridge brings up a tiny low resolution preview. Adobe invented PDFs, can we please have this simple feature in Bridge? Even if there was an option to use Quick Look rendering rather than Bridge rendering.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  PDF PREVIEW  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Restore Batch Rename Tab Key function

Please restore that by pressing the Tab Key in Batch Rename toggles through the freeform fields and not every dropdown menu.

At one time the Tab Key would toggle between the freefrom fields shown in the attached image of 1084726, -, 5. But now the Tab Key toggles the Text Field, then the freeform field (1084726), then the minus key (-), then pluse key (+). etc.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. New Window function in Bridge

Wow, what a bad update! Please bring back the New Window feature!

Photographers who need to compare images in multiple folders, or more specifically, move images inbetween folders need the old version back.

I used to be able to drag and drop images from one bridge window, and place them exactly where they were now needed to go. Then rename.....

For some reason Adobe has taken this crital functionality away.
    Please fix this otherwise we will be forced to go back to version 2022

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge 2024 (Version 14.0.0.102).

In this release, our team has successfully introduced the much-requested Multi-Window feature, Keyboard Shortcut customisation, Compress/Extract capability along with other enhancements.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,

Bridge Team

4. KB shortcut to toggle between content tabs

KB shortcut to toggle between and close content tabs. New windows (now replaced by new content tabs) could previously be toggled between and closed using the KB. Please introduce, thank you.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Get Info

It would be nice if there were a 'Get Info' command in Bridge for each file and folder. More times often than not I have to find information about a file whose information is not contained in the metadata window. For this I have to 'reveal in finder' and then 'get info'. It would be nice to have that as a shortcut in Bridge or display that full information in a panel to the side.

Hopping back to the finder is a bit cumbersome and makes me want to stay in the finder to work after that, rather than use…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. ADOBE BRIDGE : SHOW FULL FILENAME IN PREVIEW WINDOW UNDER GRAPHIC

Finder is AWEFUL compared to ADOBE BRIDGE for reviewing images.
    In Adobe Bridge, there's PLENTY of space under the graphic in PREVIEW window to show the full file image. NEED THIS... BADLY.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. histogram

Could we see HISTOGRAM in Adobe Bridge? It's very important for photographers. (I know Adobe is more suited for Designers and they don't need it...)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Filter keyword list as you type in the keyword search box

When Typing a keyword (for example, “Sky”) into the search box at the bottom of the keyword panel (using "contains" as a search parameter), there are probably more than 1 keywords that contain that text string, but the entire list still displays; so if you have a long list, often times the highlighted items are far away from each other in the list and they won’t show up in the panel together. Example: I have several pre-defined keywords in the list... all containing the string “Sky". But I am searching for just "Sky" so I can apply it to a…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Maps

Please, there should be the option, to display the GPS in a map (alternativly with my own map-account) for fast orientation without changing applikation.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Status Bar in Bridge

Hello, I wanted to report a functionality that was lost with the last update this month. It's about the lower status bar which has been eliminated, preventing that the information about file count, selected and size can be completely visualized. In my case, I use the content panel at the minimum size to be able to see the preview of the image as large as possible, with which I lose the information of the files as the status bar is no longer there. I hope you can find a solution because it is something important in the bridge workflow.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Showing Infos permanent in Fullscreen mode

In Fullscreen Mode, Infos like how many stars/rating an Image has, is only displayed if I would set a Rating to an Image.
    It would be very nice if this Info could displayed permanently with a shortcut or a Setting in the Settings window.
    Often I would like to see the Rating in Fullscreen, but it's only possible to see it if I gave a new Rating to an Image, but first I have to look if there already is a Rating, to set it back to the original value after the Rating Infos are displayed.
    That's annoying.
    Thanks a…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Useful Dimensions on Metadata Panels for PDFs (and ideally INDD)

At the moment the metadata panel has useless (and misleading) dimensions for PDFs which are based off pixel preview data. It would be much more helpful if the panel could display the TrimBox values or just simple page dimensions (CropBox) if that's not available, either in mm or inches depending on your choice. Being able to show all the Page Boxes would be a dream. At the moment a user needs to launch Acrobat and dig to find that info.
    At the very least with CropBox data, a user could, for instance, tell if they're looking at an A4 or…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Camera raw new crop tool behavior

Please return the old crop tool behavior or let the user decide in settings how we want it.
    Before the crop was set to default when switching to next photo (no aspect ratio) now, when I crop with any aspect ratio in one photo and go to next photo the "remain aspect ratio" stays turned on (with full photo aspect ratio) and need to be manually switched off or set to different ratio if wanted.
    Personally I also don't like the current moving photo instead of the crop area with mouse and the behavior like the crop always stays in…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Customize Keysettings

There should be an option to customize the shortcuts on the keyboard like in the other Adobe Programs. The main reason for me is actually "cmd + z". Elsewhere you're going one step backwards but in Bridge its changing the Viewport.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PREFERENCES  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

In this release, our team has successfully introduced the much-requested Multi-Window feature, Keyboard Shortcut customisation, Compress/Extract capability along with other enhancements.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,

Bridge Team

15. Duplicate Finder

The ability to have a duplicate finding feature built within Bridge. Whilst there are apps out there, having this feature (or stand alone app with a plugin in Bridge) would be incredibly advantageous, especially when dealing with large collections.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. share Bridge collections to Cloud

We work in an office with several networked drives that have many, many graphics files. Several of us work off of these drives; creating Bridge collections helps keep things organized for projects. It would be GREAT if these collections could be shared to others on the network, so they have the same resources. Having live updates of those shared collections so we all could work from the collection(s) and update them on the fly, updating everyone else's copy of the shared collection in the process.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Choose color space for EXPORT.

Files are automatically exported as sRGB color space. What if I need to export to Adobe RGB, ProPhoto, or something else? Please add this option to export settings.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Make "Show subfolders items" as default an option

Please Adobe, make the "Show subfolders items" as default an option in Bridge preferences and this way, preserve some of us from uselessly clicking more than we should!
    Tendinitis is common among users, did you know?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable Mojave Dark Mode support for title bar

The title says it all really: at the moment even with Dark Mode running on Mojave and the Bridge Color Theme set to darkest setting, the Bridge title bar is light grey and distracting.

Would be great if this could be fixed soon, don't really want to wait until 2020 version for something so straightforward.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Restore Open new Window

Bridge 13 is 100% useless to me without the decades old Open New Window function - ⌘N.

I can't imagine who one earth thought removing that was a good idea. Tabs are an OK addition, but Tabs does not replace new window. Thousands of loyal users have Open New Window in their workflows. There is no reasonable reason to remove that function.

There are hundreds of logged bug reports and feature requests to restore Open New Window. Not yet restoring ⌘N (as of 13.03) feels very much like whomever at Adobe is in charge of deciding everything is intent on…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base