Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Meta Data for Dimension for Print files

MetaData for Adobe Print Programs like Acrobat, Illustrator and InDesign.

Currently Bridge displays Pixel Dimensions for Web developers only.

It would be astronomically better if we could see Inches and or centimetres (depending on what the file was saved as)

you could make it even better still when programs like illustrator have more than 1 work art board. Just like previewing each art board in the preview pane, we should be able to see the dimensions change for each as well.

Moreover, if a poster is 24" x 36" the metadata should provide still the image contained info like 200…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. See PNG transparency

Be able to see transparency in PNG's and other formats with alpha capability. Right now, the background is black. Checkerboard or some other background.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cut/Paste

Previously, you could Command-X on Mac to cut, and it appears that now the ability to cut has been taken away; under File, it just shows as greyed out when I have images selected.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Showing Infos permanent in Fullscreen mode

In Fullscreen Mode, Infos like how many stars/rating an Image has, is only displayed if I would set a Rating to an Image.
    It would be very nice if this Info could displayed permanently with a shortcut or a Setting in the Settings window.
    Often I would like to see the Rating in Fullscreen, but it's only possible to see it if I gave a new Rating to an Image, but first I have to look if there already is a Rating, to set it back to the original value after the Rating Infos are displayed.
    That's annoying.
    Thanks a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create PDF from Bridge

Hi. With all the integration being built between apps, it would be great to be able to "quick-export" a PDF of an indesign / illustrator file (any file for that matter), from within bridge, without having to open a file within it's application and run PDF exports.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF OUTPUT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow users to have 8 labels which can be given unique names by users. This is already the case with competitors such as Photo Mechanic

Allow users to have 8 labels which can be given unique names by users. This is already the case with competitors such as Photo Mechanic and other software vendors. I am reluctant to move away from Photo Mechanic to Adobe Bridge because I find it so useful. This is already a popular idea on the forum as can be seen from many posts

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow users to set the location of the Media Cache.

The default location of the Media Cache is on my C:\ drive. I do not like the C:\ drive to be used for temporary files. The constant creation and deletion of temporary files on the C:\ drive greatly increases the chances for corruption of that drive. Instead, I partition a separate drive to use for temporary things like caches and my Temp folder.

Alternatively, some people might want to put the cache on a fast SSD drive while leaving their C:\ drive as a standard spinning disk.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  CACHE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. View InDesign thumbnails as spreads

Many, many iterations ago, Bridge used to give you thumbnail of the whole opening spread for an InDesign document - which was brilliant for getting a rough overview of your mag. Somewhere around the time alternate layouts was added to InD though we got switched to just the opening page which isn't nearly as helpful. Can we have the (very) old system back?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Path completion

Would be great to have path completion in the address bar in Bridge - either the tab completion in MacOS (eg. the 'Go' bar and terminal bash), or the mixed cursor-tab equivalent in Windows (explorer's address bar and cmd).

It's always slightly disconcerting when you're used to relying on it not to have it there.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Center Folder Names

Please center the title/folder names. Somehow on this new version name of all folders align left...

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Maps

Please, there should be the option, to display the GPS in a map (alternativly with my own map-account) for fast orientation without changing applikation.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Copy and Paste Metadata between images

I think the implementation of metadata on Bridge is pretty good, but it would be a much more powerful feature for me if I could cut and paste the metadata from one file to another. I understand that I can use templates and apply them to a large group of photos using the append metadata option from the dropdown menu, but I don't want to be constantly clearing out old templates from the list to keep it manageable. Instead, I use one template that I edit and re-use for these purposes, but if I've changed it since working on a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. A workable file/image sharing infrastructure for local networks (small teams)

Problem:
    Small teams working in local networks share tons of files with each others.
    Its always a pain to use Bridge to find the files, tags, previews, comments, ratings and everything else that makes Bridge such a good thing.

The usual trick is to have local cache (in each folder), but then everyone on the team has to re-search the shared folders manually and frequently, to discover updated files, tags, ratings, etc.
    Sometimes its slow, other times the files are locked, other times the sharer clears its cache.

It can become painful when the volume of assets at play goes…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Adobe Bridge 2020 does not delete .XMP files

Adobe Bridge 2020.
    The associated .XMP files are not deleted in Bridge 2020, this works fine in Bridge 2019.

Operating system: MacOS Catalina

This is a big problem, nobody wants to have thousands of useless files hanging around all over the place in the computer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Could you please confirm on the following..
    - Are you seeing the xmp files not deleted from Bridge by enabling the show hidden files option.
    - What is the file format with which you are observing the issue.
    - No of files in a folder
    - Version of Bridge and camera-raw

Also if possible could you share a sample file on which you are observing the issue.

Thanks,
    Bridge Team

16. Arbitrary Exif Tag To Filter (e.g. SceneCaptureType)

The filter panel allows to show files that match some attributes. Some exif tags like exposure time are already included, others can only be shown in the Metadata Panel. I would wish to be be able to filter by the tag 'SceneCaptureType' or even every possible tag.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Save/Update workspace

The ability to modify and save the current workspace would be very useful. At the moment the current workspace can be modified but not saved under the same workspace name, it has to be saved under a new name and then the old name deleted.

E.g. I have a "Photography" workspace. If I want to change it I cannot resave it as "Photography", I save it as "Photography1" and then delete "Photography". Then, I cannot rename "Photography1" as "Photography".

Once the old "Photography" has been deleted I can then load "Phorography1", save it as "Photography" and then delete "Photography1".

Eventually,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. ADOBE BRIDGE : SHOW FULL FILENAME IN PREVIEW WINDOW UNDER GRAPHIC

Finder is AWEFUL compared to ADOBE BRIDGE for reviewing images.
    In Adobe Bridge, there's PLENTY of space under the graphic in PREVIEW window to show the full file image. NEED THIS... BADLY.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show number of photos in each folder

Please add ability see number of photos in each folder (similar to Aperture)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bridge 2019 is painfully slow

Even after file previews are generated and cached Bridge is now painfully slow. Scrolling is slow, interacting with files is slow, browsing folders is slow. Sometimes the program will lock up for up to a minute. It's bad on both my respectable spec'ed AMD Ryzen work PC (quadcore-16gb ram), and it's slow on my monster spec home PC (intel 9900k-16gb ram).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base