Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. histogram

Could we see HISTOGRAM in Adobe Bridge? It's very important for photographers. (I know Adobe is more suited for Designers and they don't need it...)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let me remove star ratings with the mouse

I used to be able to remove a star rating from an image by clicking to the left of the stars beneath the image. That is no longer possible--I now have to do it via the keyboard, meaning that I'm moving my hands back and forth from the mouse all the time, or by going up to the Tools menu with the mouse, which is a lot of wasted motion. Please put back the ability to do this with the mouse right underneath the image.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Maps

Please, there should be the option, to display the GPS in a map (alternativly with my own map-account) for fast orientation without changing applikation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Copy and Paste Metadata between images

I think the implementation of metadata on Bridge is pretty good, but it would be a much more powerful feature for me if I could cut and paste the metadata from one file to another. I understand that I can use templates and apply them to a large group of photos using the append metadata option from the dropdown menu, but I don't want to be constantly clearing out old templates from the list to keep it manageable. Instead, I use one template that I edit and re-use for these purposes, but if I've changed it since working on a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Collection Sets

Could we have the feature to put Collections into folders (Sets and subsets) avoiding lengthy lists of Collections.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. A workable file/image sharing infrastructure for local networks (small teams)

Problem:
    Small teams working in local networks share tons of files with each others.
    Its always a pain to use Bridge to find the files, tags, previews, comments, ratings and everything else that makes Bridge such a good thing.

The usual trick is to have local cache (in each folder), but then everyone on the team has to re-search the shared folders manually and frequently, to discover updated files, tags, ratings, etc.
    Sometimes its slow, other times the files are locked, other times the sharer clears its cache.

It can become painful when the volume of assets at play goes…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adobe bridge 2019... accent Color? it is in bridge 2018

Interface
    Adobe bridge 2019... accent Color? it is in bridge 2018

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Filter keyword list as you type in the keyword search box

When Typing a keyword (for example, “Sky”) into the search box at the bottom of the keyword panel (using "contains" as a search parameter), there are probably more than 1 keywords that contain that text string, but the entire list still displays; so if you have a long list, often times the highlighted items are far away from each other in the list and they won’t show up in the panel together. Example: I have several pre-defined keywords in the list... all containing the string “Sky". But I am searching for just "Sky" so I can apply it to a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cannot see progress of thumbnails

Right now I cannot see the progress for thumbnail generation, in a folder of 2300 photos, it is but a guessing game when it will be done and performance will return to the app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Keyword filtering results that contains ALL keywords selected rather than ANY Keyword selected.

Hello,

This might already exists since it seems like such an obvious feature (also appears in other Adobe products e.g Lightroom) but it is the ability to filter files by multiple keywords with the results only showing result that contain all the keywords selected not just if they contain any of the selected keywords.

For example I have photos of different athletic events eg track; high jump; triple jump; discus etc. these also have the keywords for the country they represent such as USA; GBR; BRA; RUS.

What happens right now when I select the keywords "High jump" and "GBR"…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I don't want to connect my laptop to the internet when working remotely. Why do Abode insist on verification when not connected.!!!

Why do we have to verify subscription on laptops used in the field? It makes impossible to use this program. Any suggestions/settings I can remove this request?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow folders to remember window position

Allow folders to remember the window scroll position last viewed.

If you have a folder of 100's of images and drill down to view a file, leaving the folder then returning positions the window at the top again. This means scrolling down to find that file again.

Work on a project where there are multiple folders of many images and repeat this going back/forth/scrolling a few times. That's when you'd realize how nice it would be to return where you were.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add search text entry to main menu

It would be nice to search the bridge library without having to use Control - F. Maybe there should be an option to search locally OR search adobe stock.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Number of photos associated with a keyword

Lightroom shows the number of photos that contain a keyword along with an arrow that, when clicked, creates a filter and displays the relevant keywords. I would love it if I could do the same thing in Bridge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Smarter and more customisable thumbnail details, for a smoother workflow

The layout and format of the details that appear under the thumbnails could do with some improvement, to reduce interface friction and increase workflow.

Please see the attached screenshot (also at http://bit.ly/2Hrh00Z ). On the left is the current layout. It's dense and unnecessarily hard for the eye to parse quickly. On the rightis a mockup of how that same data could be laid out and formatted.

Below is a list of my proposed changes. Many of these could/should be optional (set in the preferences) so each user can adjust her UI as she needs. And of course there would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Mac can't sleep while Bridge CC 2019 is open, maybe due to Adobe Cloud

Running Mojave 10.14.2 and Bridge CC 2019. I have noticed that when I put my Mac Pro 2009 to sleep at night it will not stay in sleep and will wake up a few seconds after I activate the sleep command. This only happens if Bridge is running. I am guessing it is due to Bridge being logged into Adobe Cloud or some network. I need the ability to disable Bridge 2019 from automatically logging into Adobe Cloud whenever I startup the app. Please make a preference option to disable Cloud login.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  INTEROPERATABILITY  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Batch Rename File Select option

In the batch rename dialog box, add radio buttons:

o Rename selected files
    o Rename all files in current folder

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Better batch rename sequence numbers

When for example a batch rename sequence number of 1 digit is selected, if there are more than 10 photos, it repeats the sequence numbering 1-10 (or 0-9 or 1-9, whatever it is). I suggest that rather than doing this, it should simply move on to the next number. So if there were 20 photos, the sequence numbers would be 1-20. If you told it 2 digits, they would be 01-20. I.e. the number of digits specified is a LOWER LIMIT, but the actual number of digits used ought to be as many as necessary to provide a unique sequence…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. GIF playback

Gif playback has never worked smooth in previews in adobe bridge.
    I've been using it for 9 years now and hope this will be finally integrated smoothly in the near future. Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. can we have the option of a WHITE cursor!!

FFS! I spend half my life trying to find a black cursor on a dark background now. Whoever thought that was a good idea!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base