Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Showing Infos permanent in Fullscreen mode

In Fullscreen Mode, Infos like how many stars/rating an Image has, is only displayed if I would set a Rating to an Image.
    It would be very nice if this Info could displayed permanently with a shortcut or a Setting in the Settings window.
    Often I would like to see the Rating in Fullscreen, but it's only possible to see it if I gave a new Rating to an Image, but first I have to look if there already is a Rating, to set it back to the original value after the Rating Infos are displayed.
    That's annoying.
    Thanks a…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Useful Dimensions on Metadata Panels for PDFs (and ideally INDD)

At the moment the metadata panel has useless (and misleading) dimensions for PDFs which are based off pixel preview data. It would be much more helpful if the panel could display the TrimBox values or just simple page dimensions (CropBox) if that's not available, either in mm or inches depending on your choice. Being able to show all the Page Boxes would be a dream. At the moment a user needs to launch Acrobat and dig to find that info.
    At the very least with CropBox data, a user could, for instance, tell if they're looking at an A4 or…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Darker / thicker typeface

Do not see a category for interface, all panels and windows. I prefer white / light interfaces rather than the dark gray. The new Bridge has settings for type size (thank you!) but on the lightest background the type is medium gray or too thin and very hard to see. Would like a way to make type black on the white or light gray backgrounds, or more bold. Have to go back to 2017. Thank you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. reduce padding around folders and center the titles like in Bridge 2018

Please remove the enormous padding around the folders and re-center the titles of each folder and image as in Bridge 2018. Simply incomprehensible why all titles are now aligned left which results in things like this:
    Location Night rooftop JP
    G
    doesn't happened when titles are centered

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FOLDER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Adobe Bridge 2020 does not delete .XMP files

Adobe Bridge 2020.
    The associated .XMP files are not deleted in Bridge 2020, this works fine in Bridge 2019.

Operating system: MacOS Catalina

This is a big problem, nobody wants to have thousands of useless files hanging around all over the place in the computer.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

Could you please confirm on the following..
    - Are you seeing the xmp files not deleted from Bridge by enabling the show hidden files option.
    - What is the file format with which you are observing the issue.
    - No of files in a folder
    - Version of Bridge and camera-raw

Also if possible could you share a sample file on which you are observing the issue.

Thanks,
    Bridge Team

6. Create PDF from Bridge

Hi. With all the integration being built between apps, it would be great to be able to "quick-export" a PDF of an indesign / illustrator file (any file for that matter), from within bridge, without having to open a file within it's application and run PDF exports.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF OUTPUT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please add option to show photos in two folders side-by-side

Please add option to show photos in two folders side-by-side (similar to Aperture). This would be a very valuable feature where users could compare contents of two folders and even move photos between folders. All other panels could apply to both folders (filtering, metadata, etc.). Having two views side by side would be the greatest additional feature to Bridge!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please save view option to Show Items from Subfolder

Please save view option to Show Items from Subfolder. No reason why users should have to select this option every time as we navigate folders. If we wish to see items in subfolders, allows us to ALWAYS see items in subfolders. Add option to Preferences if that helps add this feature.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Restore separate control for image background color

My longstanding preference is for a light interface color and a dark image background. Please bring back the ability to control the two colors separately.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Better batch rename sequence numbers

When for example a batch rename sequence number of 1 digit is selected, if there are more than 10 photos, it repeats the sequence numbering 1-10 (or 0-9 or 1-9, whatever it is). I suggest that rather than doing this, it should simply move on to the next number. So if there were 20 photos, the sequence numbers would be 1-20. If you told it 2 digits, they would be 01-20. I.e. the number of digits specified is a LOWER LIMIT, but the actual number of digits used ought to be as many as necessary to provide a unique sequence…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Meta Data for Dimension for Print files

MetaData for Adobe Print Programs like Acrobat, Illustrator and InDesign.

Currently Bridge displays Pixel Dimensions for Web developers only.

It would be astronomically better if we could see Inches and or centimetres (depending on what the file was saved as)

you could make it even better still when programs like illustrator have more than 1 work art board. Just like previewing each art board in the preview pane, we should be able to see the dimensions change for each as well.

Moreover, if a poster is 24" x 36" the metadata should provide still the image contained info like 200…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. See PNG transparency

Be able to see transparency in PNG's and other formats with alpha capability. Right now, the background is black. Checkerboard or some other background.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Maps

Please, there should be the option, to display the GPS in a map (alternativly with my own map-account) for fast orientation without changing applikation.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copy and Paste Metadata between images

I think the implementation of metadata on Bridge is pretty good, but it would be a much more powerful feature for me if I could cut and paste the metadata from one file to another. I understand that I can use templates and apply them to a large group of photos using the append metadata option from the dropdown menu, but I don't want to be constantly clearing out old templates from the list to keep it manageable. Instead, I use one template that I edit and re-use for these purposes, but if I've changed it since working on a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Cut/Paste

Previously, you could Command-X on Mac to cut, and it appears that now the ability to cut has been taken away; under File, it just shows as greyed out when I have images selected.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New Version Bridge Crop Function is so cluncky

Having MAJOR problems with the new Bridge crop function. It is terrible and does not flow as it use to. It was excellent up to the reent major 'improvements' to Bridge. Please switch back or I will have to switch to another product :-(

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bridge Photo Downloader

Using a Canon EOS 1DX Mk III camera, with Adobe Bridge v10.0.4.157, I am unable to download my images from a Sandisk 64gb CFExpress card via a Sandisk CFExpress card reader to an iMac Pro (macos Catalina) using my usual workflow of Bridge > Bridge Photo Downloader > Get Photos From Camera. The Downloader responds with 'No Device Found'.

I have confirmed the following:

The Adobe Bridge Photo Downloader does not recognise the CFExpress card in the Sandisk CFExpress card reader regardless of whether the card contains .CR3 or .CR2 files. Also, both .CR3 files and .CR2 files on a…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Duplicate Finder

The ability to have a duplicate finding feature built within Bridge. Whilst there are apps out there, having this feature (or stand alone app with a plugin in Bridge) would be incredibly advantageous, especially when dealing with large collections.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support of the heic image format in Bridge

It would be nice if finally the "heic" format would be supported. Apple use the heic format and Canon with the EOS 1 Dx Mark III to.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base