Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. It's hard to close the magnifying glass

It's hard to close the magnifying glass – the closing-cross could not be targeted easily
    kind regards

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bridge 2019 is painfully slow

Even after file previews are generated and cached Bridge is now painfully slow. Scrolling is slow, interacting with files is slow, browsing folders is slow. Sometimes the program will lock up for up to a minute. It's bad on both my respectable spec'ed AMD Ryzen work PC (quadcore-16gb ram), and it's slow on my monster spec home PC (intel 9900k-16gb ram).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Printing from Bridge

It would be very helpful to be able to print from Bridge. Many times I have gone back to photos long after I have processed them to print them for another project. Just to do a simple function like printing I have to open the files in Photoshop, this seems to be an extra step that is unnecessary when a printing command would be so simple.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow users to set the location of the Media Cache.

The default location of the Media Cache is on my C:\ drive. I do not like the C:\ drive to be used for temporary files. The constant creation and deletion of temporary files on the C:\ drive greatly increases the chances for corruption of that drive. Instead, I partition a separate drive to use for temporary things like caches and my Temp folder.

Alternatively, some people might want to put the cache on a fast SSD drive while leaving their C:\ drive as a standard spinning disk.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  CACHE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow folders to remember window position

Allow folders to remember the window scroll position last viewed.

If you have a folder of 100's of images and drill down to view a file, leaving the folder then returning positions the window at the top again. This means scrolling down to find that file again.

Work on a project where there are multiple folders of many images and repeat this going back/forth/scrolling a few times. That's when you'd realize how nice it would be to return where you were.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. can we have the option of a WHITE cursor!!

FFS! I spend half my life trying to find a black cursor on a dark background now. Whoever thought that was a good idea!!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Photo downloader"

Bridge's Photo Downloader used to maintain the user's settings after each use. (Such as file folder destination and subfolder setting.) But now it always reverts to the default setting making me change it each time before downloading photos. Please fix it to keep the user settings until changed by the user.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Path completion

Would be great to have path completion in the address bar in Bridge - either the tab completion in MacOS (eg. the 'Go' bar and terminal bash), or the mixed cursor-tab equivalent in Windows (explorer's address bar and cmd).

It's always slightly disconcerting when you're used to relying on it not to have it there.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A workable file/image sharing infrastructure for local networks (small teams)

Problem:
    Small teams working in local networks share tons of files with each others.
    Its always a pain to use Bridge to find the files, tags, previews, comments, ratings and everything else that makes Bridge such a good thing.

The usual trick is to have local cache (in each folder), but then everyone on the team has to re-search the shared folders manually and frequently, to discover updated files, tags, ratings, etc.
    Sometimes its slow, other times the files are locked, other times the sharer clears its cache.

It can become painful when the volume of assets at play goes…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Make keyword search faster

I think Bridge is a fantastic application. I have a CC subscription for Photoshop and Lightroom but the only thing I use Lightroom for is keyword searching because of its speed.

If Bridge used a keyword cache instead of a brute-force search every time you did a search it would enhance the app greatly.

I realize Bridge is a free application and maybe Adobe doesn't want to add this functionality for free but I feel it's worth filing a request anyway.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Renaming a Keyword should automatically rename the keyword for photos previously assigned the keyword

When you rename a keyword, it doesn't change the name of the keyword on photos that have previously been assigned the keyword.

For example, as Adobe Bridge is right now, if I created a keyword "keyword1" and assigned it to 100 photos, then changed my mind and decided I wanted the keyword to be called "keywordA", I'd go to rename it and the 100 photos still have the tag "keyword1" and I have to go back and change them all to "keywordA". It should automatically assign "keywordA" to those photos previously assigned "keyword1".

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Camera Raw

In general, i like the new camera raw better than the old one, if there weren't some major flaws which are very disturbing in my workflow...

1. zoom is not always "fit to screen" -when i crop it changes zooms out - but it doesn't jump back to "fit to screen". annoying.

2. the crop tool was way better in the old version - give people the choice to switch to the old version.

3. changing the aspect ratio of a picture while cropping - should be easier to reach via right click ..

4. the saving button in the thumbnails - is it…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Camera RAW update is worse than before

The zoom only allows 100% and to fit instead of incremental zooming. The crop tool is now basically useless and doesn't allow for moving the image around within the crop frame. I have to mess with grabbing each pull bar corner and even then it doesn't always work. The menus are difficult to navigate. It was so much better before. Please revert.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SVG: Ability to enlarge (zoom)

I use illustrator artboards to create svg icons; hundreds at a time. Unfortunately the scale slider in Brigde does enlarge svg's. It stops at the original size. I would like to see that the SVG scales up even beyond it's original size. Show those icons as large as possible, while also showing the transparancy grid. (preview in OSX scales up too, but does not show transparency).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Deleting files .xmp when its corresponding .NEF are deleted. iMAC Catalina

I am using MacOS Catalina and Adobe Bridge 2020. I noticed that the files .xmp are not deleted when its corresponding .NEF are deleted. I think that this problem started with the version Bridge 2020.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. share Bridge collections to Cloud

We work in an office with several networked drives that have many, many graphics files. Several of us work off of these drives; creating Bridge collections helps keep things organized for projects. It would be GREAT if these collections could be shared to others on the network, so they have the same resources. Having live updates of those shared collections so we all could work from the collection(s) and update them on the fly, updating everyone else's copy of the shared collection in the process.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Choose color space for EXPORT.

Files are automatically exported as sRGB color space. What if I need to export to Adobe RGB, ProPhoto, or something else? Please add this option to export settings.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Arbitrary Exif Tag To Filter (e.g. SceneCaptureType)

The filter panel allows to show files that match some attributes. Some exif tags like exposure time are already included, others can only be shown in the Metadata Panel. I would wish to be be able to filter by the tag 'SceneCaptureType' or even every possible tag.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. make it work

Currently waiting 30 seconds at least for a star rating to appear. Overall performance is at barely usable speed. I'm watching lag I've not seen since the 90s. This is supposed to be a quick, basic image browser, yet it's now so slow I can barely bring myself to boot it up.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring Split View to Mac OS

In Adobe Bridge 2019 and PS CC for Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 I am unable to do split view as in previous OS versions. Is this something that Adobe got rid of on the latest version or is something related to the current Mac OS that I am running? It would be great to have that feature back!

Split view is great when working with Bridge in different folders... specially when moving around files... same applies to PS CC... it's great to have two windows open in full size.. it makes a difference!

Please bring back Split View for Mac…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base