Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. One login for everything Adobe

I am logged in to my Adobe account on one browser tab, am posting here in another. Why does this ask me for an email address and refuse to post if I do not enter it? Why does it offer Facebook/Google as login options?

If I am logged in my paid account, everything Adobe should have me logged in. Same thing happens with the Create magazine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe Bridge as Mediabrowser for Premiere Pro

As Premiere Pro has a Mediabrowser, it would be a great advantage if you could use Bridge as a Mediabrowser as well and easily send files to Premiere or After Effects ...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  INTEROPERATABILITY  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preview with camera setting

Can I please get a switch so that I can preview the RAW files in the camera settings and not the Bridge defaults? I would like to see my black and white files in black and white i preview. Veliva should come up as velvia. I know the RAW files have a camera setting information and I have seen other RAW converters do it so I know it is possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Keyword Panel to Float Outside Bridge Window

Please consider making the keyword panel a floating panel that we can move outside the main Bridge window. It would be so much more convenient. If you do consider this idea, please also consider a better layout for finding and creating new keywords to minimize the amount of scrolling.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom Folder Icons

One of the only things I like about Macs is the relative ease of customizing the icons for folders. But the problem is that if there are Macs and PCs on the same network, the same icons aren't visible on both.
    I would love if Bridge would allow you to
    a) Change those icons from within Bridge itself. (Shouldn't need to go to Finder, then File Info, etc.).
    b) Allow Bridge on a PC to see those same Folder Icons. The hidden "Icon?" file is in each folder. Use it. Show it. Make Bridge be more than a bridge for…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bridge 9.1 breaks workflow of deleting pictures

the latest official release of Bridge (v.9.1) breaks my workflow of deleting pictures. When in normal viewing mode, I am editing pictures by scrolling or selecting photos in the content window to review them in the preview window. When deleting a marked/active picture with backspace, the next picture in the content window is automatically selected or marked (with a blue rectangle) and you can go on editing your pictures. That is the behavior in former versions of Adobe Bridge CC 2019 (e.g. v.9.0.3).

In Bridge CC 2019 version 9.1 the mark of the active photo (the blue rectangle) is jumping…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Display saved version in file attributes

Hello, is it possible to additionally show in the file properties in which version a file was saved? For example EPS-8, EPS-10, AI CC or PS CC. This would be especially good for EPS. Many thanks, Gabi

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support full screen on Mac

What does Adobe have against Mac? Full screen on MacOS has only been around for a decade, why do none of Adobe's premiere applications support it? Literally every other cross platform app I have on my computer supports full screen.

What's the problem?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use same RAW processing engine as Photo Mechanic?

Why is Bridge so sluggish when previewing RAW and JPG files? Launch the exact folder in Photo Mechanic and I can instantly start seeing images. I use Bridge for organizing, keywords, etc. b/c it works seamlessly with other Adobe apps, but it's super frustrating how slow it is to load.

Note: I have 'Browse Quickly' icon selected and 'Prefer Embedded' and have a large cache settings. PM out of the box is 100x faster still.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add "Date Added" to sort options

Please add the option of sorting a window by Date Added. This will allow finding the newest additions to a folder regardless of Date Captured or Date Modified.
    MacOS added this option to Finder sorting a few years ago.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. filter images by predominant color

Filter and/or sort images in a selected folder by the dominant color of image

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Video metadata

Display video frame rate plus height and width. This would make it easier to sort 4k and 1080 clips.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIDEO-AUDIO PLAYBACK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Permit separate operations, in Multiple windows simultaneously

I would love to be able to do separate operations, in Multiple windows, simultaneously
    !
    Br could then be building its thumbnails from a particular Folder in one window; while I could carry on processing images from a separate Folder in ACR while those thumbnails are being built.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. indexing

Automatic indexing of folders...
    Search is useless in its current form- need to manually open folder in bridge for its contents to be searchable. Please fix this, long overdue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. desktop shortcut and direct bookmarks

desktop shortcut and direct bookmarks within file browser and on start menu / toolbar in the OS so we can manage links via the OS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Accent Colours

The Accent Colour is in all versions of Bridge up 2018
    This really helps to teach students, as they can see the at a glance which interface we are using and more importantly which folder I am accessing.
    Please may we have it back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Printing from Bridge

It would be very helpful to be able to print from Bridge. Many times I have gone back to photos long after I have processed them to print them for another project. Just to do a simple function like printing I have to open the files in Photoshop, this seems to be an extra step that is unnecessary when a printing command would be so simple.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. WMF and DSF files

Bridge needs the ability to read .wmf and .dsf files. Many design engineers still use these formats, so they're still viable. But as of now, we have to use a third-party program top see the files. We'd rather just have Bridge do that so we can keep the number of programs to a minimum on our computers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Double click to toggle full screen video playback

The full screen is for image only as of today. I suggest the feature for video playback as well. I expect double click the video in the preview pane would do something like toggle full screen, similar to Windows Media Player. But it does nothing as of today.
    To inspect the focus of a video file, a full screen playback is helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Metadata Batch Removal

Similar to batch automation in photoshop. Select files batch remove ALL metadata. That shouldn't be too hard, should it?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base