Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get Info

It would be nice if there were a 'Get Info' command in Bridge for each file and folder. More times often than not I have to find information about a file whose information is not contained in the metadata window. For this I have to 'reveal in finder' and then 'get info'. It would be nice to have that as a shortcut in Bridge or display that full information in a panel to the side.

Hopping back to the finder is a bit cumbersome and makes me want to stay in the finder to work after that, rather than use…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe Bridge 2020 does not delete .XMP files

Adobe Bridge 2020.
    The associated .XMP files are not deleted in Bridge 2020, this works fine in Bridge 2019.

Operating system: MacOS Catalina

This is a big problem, nobody wants to have thousands of useless files hanging around all over the place in the computer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. INFO Total Elements, elements selected, elements in process cache...

In previous versions of Bridge, this info is in the botón panel preview, under EXIF info, in the botón right...

Now, with the new version of Bridge, you put this info (why???) in the content panel, with other many choose options (grid type, zoom + - thumbnails...) and always this useful info are disappear because this content panel of previews are less wide and small in the standard's work spaces, and NOW this information is ALWAYS HIDDEN, because it doesn't fit, it doesn't have enough space ...

There are many claims asking to return to the previous interface ...

The…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deleting files .xmp when its corresponding .NEF are deleted. iMAC Catalina

I am using MacOS Catalina and Adobe Bridge 2020. I noticed that the files .xmp are not deleted when its corresponding .NEF are deleted. I think that this problem started with the version Bridge 2020.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Camera RAW 12.2.0.386 - new Default Settings

After upgrading the ACR to version 12.2.0.386, the previously done default ACR settings were lost. Instead of the function "Save new default Camera RAW settings", an incomprehensible bookmark appeared in the Preferences. How it works is not described anywhere - neither in the "What new" nor in the user manual. I lost a lot of time to set defaults, instead of fulfilling the order. Horrible work, without respect for those who pay for these unnecessary improvements.
    Please explain why these changes are necessary and why they are made and how to work with them?
    I also want to know how…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Command D

Please make a preference option that makes command+d that duplicate a file or files. Just a checkbox in preferences.... select one of 2 checkboxes.....
    • command + d = whatever it currently does
    • command + d = duplicate current file(s)

If there is currently a way to do this please let me know

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PREFERENCES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Duplicate Finder

The ability to have a duplicate finding feature built within Bridge. Whilst there are apps out there, having this feature (or stand alone app with a plugin in Bridge) would be incredibly advantageous, especially when dealing with large collections.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Synchronization of metadata

Hi, can you please create a way in Bridge to synchronize the metadata of AI files (EPS files, TIFF files) and JPGs? Like in Lightroom. This would speed up my workflow enormously. Now I'm forced to copy and paste the description of each file into the field of the other file, for example.
    Thanks a lot
    Gabi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. would be great to choose colors for Favorit Folders

would be great to choose colors for Favorit Folders

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Extend the Stubby Label Bar

Is there a way to get the full Label bar back ? Bridge 2019 and 2020 have made it a stubby bar now, unless I'm missing something. I've added an image with Bridge 2018 on the left and 2020 on the right for comparison.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support of the heic image format in Bridge

It would be nice if finally the "heic" format would be supported. Apple use the heic format and Canon with the EOS 1 Dx Mark III to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Twirl open files without opening

In Mac Finder there is always a small black triangle to the left of any folder. Click on the black triangle and the folder opens to show you a view of it’s contents. Why can’t this be done in Bridge. Always having to double click a folder to see what is in and then backing out of it again is a nightmare.

I just started using Bridge as a Finder replacement. Surly I am not the first person to ask for this. Bridge should be better than a 20+ year old finder.

If there is a better way..... please let…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create PDF from Bridge

Hi. With all the integration being built between apps, it would be great to be able to "quick-export" a PDF of an indesign / illustrator file (any file for that matter), from within bridge, without having to open a file within it's application and run PDF exports.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF OUTPUT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Slideshow timing

Bridge 2020. I use Bridge Slideshow often. I find the currently available timing of each slide frustrating, as 5 sec is too short and 10 sec is too long. Would it be possible to introduce an intermediate time of 7 sec? Better still, would it be possible to introduce a slider setting for slide timing that provides 1 sec intervals throughout its extent?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SLIDESHOW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Alias / Shortcut in Workspaces folder

In all releases of Photoshop there is possibility to create Folder Alias (shortcut to other folder containing files) in Preferences Workspace folder:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Adobe Photoshop 2020 Settings\WorkSpaces

the same works for .jsx scripts or any other format beeing avialable in Presets folder:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Presets

Please do the same for Bridge workspaces:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Bridge 2020\Workspaces

For now the alias (shortcut) is not seen by Bridge when running it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "make all keywords persistent" option

I need to change ALL my Bridge keywords to "Peristent." I'm sure I'm not the only person who has needed to do this. (For example, if, for whatever reason, someone loses all their keywords & needs to reconstruct their keywords via "Build and export cache", there needs to be a way to convert all these temporary keywords to persistent all at once. [I have never figured out the logic of having non-persistent keywords in the first place!!]) I have searched and searched online and cannot figure out how to do this. I need some kind of script that can automatically…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. double click on picture let open fullscreen picture instead of open Lightroom as option

If I double click on a picture in thumbnail mode Photoshop is openend with the picture.
    It would be nice if I could change this behavior in the settings to do other things. One option I like would be to view the image in full-screen like it you push the space-button on keyboard.
    How often I didn´t think about the fact that Bridge do something other than most other programs on this genre (like ACDSee) do and bam Photoshop is loading.. ;-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More colour labels

Pleas add more colour option or the ability to make custom colours for labels in Bridge. There are currently only 5, which when working at a large scale or with big teams is not enough!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Adjust text size for watermark in Output

Bridge 2020: In the watermark feature in Output, you used to be able to adjust the text size to whatever font size you needed to cover the image, now it only goes to 48 which is really small. I usually work with text at 125 and am no longer able to do so. I really need this function fixed, otherwise it's almost a pointless feature at this tiny size. Also, not a fan of the Output Preview page and the fact that the Output Settings reset every time you close the program. Can we please go back to 2017? That…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF OUTPUT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)