Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. keyword hierarchy and search

Keywords can already be arranged in a hierarchy: Countries --> USA --> California --> San Francisco

According to this hierarchy, it implies that any picture with the keyword California also belongs in the more general keyword USA. However, the search doesn't work that way. This is fine if I create the hierarchy of keywords first, and then add the keywords, but if I have an existing photo already tagged with 'California', and NOT tagged with 'USA', then it would not be found when I search for USA.

The search could be made more powerful by allowing the use of the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How about batch metadata removal?

Euthanize the metadata WITHOUT opening the files. I believe that feature would set Adobe Bridge popularity with many of us for many years to come.

Get on it Adobe.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. One version to rule them all ....

I now have two versions of Bridge (9/10) on my machine after this last update. The new version did not create a desktop shortcut, and if I open one version the other will not open and vice versa. Am I supposed to pick/choose between the two for some logical reason? If so, what is it? If the newer is not completely sufficient to replace the old, why was it auto-installed on my machine?

I don't want gigs of redundant programs on my workstation. I don't want a new version if it cannot completely take over for the old. I don't…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. One login for everything Adobe

I am logged in to my Adobe account on one browser tab, am posting here in another. Why does this ask me for an email address and refuse to post if I do not enter it? Why does it offer Facebook/Google as login options?

If I am logged in my paid account, everything Adobe should have me logged in. Same thing happens with the Create magazine.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Camera Raw 100% View

Make Cmd+1 the shortcut for 100% view in Camera Raw (i.e. same as Photoshop)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ACR Adjustment Brush

Move "Reset Local Correction Settings" to a Reset button on the main panel

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Insert Document Type .XD on advanced search

I would like to locate all the .xd files within a specific folder.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bridge loses workspace settings when reopened after minimizing

Bridge loses workspace settings when reopened after minimizing

https://adobe.ly/37lDo3w

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Camera Raw 21.1: Raw-Name is not shown in Meta / Raw-filename

Procedure:
    I open a Nikon RAW file (NEF, Nikon D850) with Raw-Converter 12.1.
    Afterwards, unlike in a conversion with e.g. RAW 5.6, the Raw-filename is not listed in the Meta-section CAMERA RAW (Bridge 2020).

I have to keep thatin the META data - and not only as an original filename (that one can change and therefore loose the original filename).

Thanks for answering in advance.
    Frank

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show items from subfolders

When selecting items from sub-folders, it would be great if the filters didn't reset each time you update a directory. Would save a lot of time as each time you have to wait for each thumbnail to load instead of the filtered format you're after.
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Command + or - for preview scale

When you click on an image or pdf file in Apple Finder, then tap the spacebar you get a preview of the file. If I do the same thing in Bridge I get a tiny preview. I would like to be able to scale the view of that file by typing command + or command - .... like InDesign when viewing a page.... command plus or minus makes what’s on the screen bigger or smaller.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Choose color space for EXPORT.

Files are automatically exported as sRGB color space. What if I need to export to Adobe RGB, ProPhoto, or something else? Please add this option to export settings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Windows HEIC support rotation!

Support for HEIC rotation on Windows systems.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. after pressing spacebar to get full screen preview image becomes distorted and glitched out, thought my screen was broken but I find out

after pressing spacebar to get full screen preview image becomes distorted and glitched out, thought my screen was broken but I find out its a common issue.
    Please hurry up and fix this as im starting to like Lightroom. and will be promoting it to everyone .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. make it work

Currently waiting 30 seconds at least for a star rating to appear. Overall performance is at barely usable speed. I'm watching lag I've not seen since the 90s. This is supposed to be a quick, basic image browser, yet it's now so slow I can barely bring myself to boot it up.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Develop a mobile application

Adobe already has a lot of other common applications in mobile form available for download on the app store for apple and the google play store for android. Developing an app for Bridge would be seriously helpful for my company when we have out of town meetings and need to access some photos for some show and tell. This would eliminate the need for myself to create a whole new library on a different platform for my bosses to use instead of what we already use for photo management.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow users to have 8 labels which can be given unique names by users. This is already the case with competitors such as Photo Mechanic

Allow users to have 8 labels which can be given unique names by users. This is already the case with competitors such as Photo Mechanic and other software vendors. I am reluctant to move away from Photo Mechanic to Adobe Bridge because I find it so useful. This is already a popular idea on the forum as can be seen from many posts

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bridge as Default App for .ARW files

I find Bridge a useful tool in the first parts of my workflow, from adding keywords to deleting shots I don't want to keep.

If would be nice to just double click (Window10) on a shot and have bridge start as the default application for opening ARWs. Right now, with Adobe's help it is set up as one of the options, but direct would be a time saver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add the option to remove "Preserved Filename" in metadata

Currently under Batch Rename there's an option to "Preserve current filename in XMP metadata" but there's no way to get rid of these preserved filenames after they are no longer useful (or simply because they disclose outdated or confidential information).

One way to do this would be to add a "remove preserved filename" checkbox to the Batch Rename dialog box; that way you could just rename the the files a second time to clear the preserved filename.

Another way to do it would be in the metadata panel; just make the "Preserved Filename" field deletable. You could also add a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base