Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. XD-File-Selection for smart collections

I'm working with a lot of XD-Files and I need a quick overview.
    For this function I would use the smart collection but it isn't possible to select file-type XD in this combo-Box.

Is it possible to add XD-File to this combo-box-entries or do you have another solution for this? -> For better explantion take a look to attached file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. filter images by predominant color

Filter and/or sort images in a selected folder by the dominant color of image

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Espacio de trabajo

Me gustaría personalizar mis espacios de trabajo a mas o menos según necesidades como en versiones anteriores, como referencia versión 2013.

https://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/photoshop/how-to/bridge-customize-workspace.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow "Edit Capture Time" to Also Modify .TIFF files for Those Who Scan and Archive Old Photos!

Your new "Edit Capture Time" feature is great! But, strangely it only seems to work with .JPG and RAW photos — which in most cases when we have the settings set correctly, already have the correct time and date embedded for us via our digital cameras

When we REALLY need to be able to edit the Capture Time and Date the most is when we scan photos with our flatbed scanners, and the date and time for the photo is set by our scanning software to be the date and time we scanned the photo, not of course, when we took…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  EDIT CAPTURE TIME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Cannot see progress of thumbnails

Right now I cannot see the progress for thumbnail generation, in a folder of 2300 photos, it is but a guessing game when it will be done and performance will return to the app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use same RAW processing engine as Photo Mechanic?

Why is Bridge so sluggish when previewing RAW and JPG files? Launch the exact folder in Photo Mechanic and I can instantly start seeing images. I use Bridge for organizing, keywords, etc. b/c it works seamlessly with other Adobe apps, but it's super frustrating how slow it is to load.

Note: I have 'Browse Quickly' icon selected and 'Prefer Embedded' and have a large cache settings. PM out of the box is 100x faster still.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Permit separate operations, in Multiple windows simultaneously

I would love to be able to do separate operations, in Multiple windows, simultaneously
    !
    Br could then be building its thumbnails from a particular Folder in one window; while I could carry on processing images from a separate Folder in ACR while those thumbnails are being built.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Mac can't sleep while Bridge CC 2019 is open, maybe due to Adobe Cloud

Running Mojave 10.14.2 and Bridge CC 2019. I have noticed that when I put my Mac Pro 2009 to sleep at night it will not stay in sleep and will wake up a few seconds after I activate the sleep command. This only happens if Bridge is running. I am guessing it is due to Bridge being logged into Adobe Cloud or some network. I need the ability to disable Bridge 2019 from automatically logging into Adobe Cloud whenever I startup the app. Please make a preference option to disable Cloud login.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  INTEROPERATABILITY  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. desktop shortcut and direct bookmarks

desktop shortcut and direct bookmarks within file browser and on start menu / toolbar in the OS so we can manage links via the OS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Anzeige von Bildern mit Ebene

Ich möchte nur Bilder anzeigen, die eine Ebene haben. Kommt leider nicht in der Filteranzeige und auch nicht in der Dateiinfo. (oder ich habs nicht gefunden...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide ability to customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Menu Items, and customize the top tool bar.

I would love to be able to assign a keyboard shortcut to the menu items for Tools>Photoshop>Batch and >Image Processor. Of course with this ability I imagine lots of people will want to be able to assign keyboard shortcuts for other menu items too.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PREFERENCES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bridge 2019 is painfully slow

Even after file previews are generated and cached Bridge is now painfully slow. Scrolling is slow, interacting with files is slow, browsing folders is slow. Sometimes the program will lock up for up to a minute. It's bad on both my respectable spec'ed AMD Ryzen work PC (quadcore-16gb ram), and it's slow on my monster spec home PC (intel 9900k-16gb ram).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Quick Look quality previewing with Spacebar (Mac)

Hitting Spacebar in Finder brings up a full screen high quality preview of many files (including PDFs).
    Doing so in Bridge brings up a tiny low resolution preview. Adobe invented PDFs, can we please have this simple feature in Bridge? Even if there was an option to use Quick Look rendering rather than Bridge rendering.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  PDF PREVIEW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sharpness in full-view preview

Recently we experienced that full screen mode in Bridge is less sharp than the same preview in Irfanview. Any possible reason for that ? Can it be fixed in any way ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow users to set the location of the Media Cache.

The default location of the Media Cache is on my C:\ drive. I do not like the C:\ drive to be used for temporary files. The constant creation and deletion of temporary files on the C:\ drive greatly increases the chances for corruption of that drive. Instead, I partition a separate drive to use for temporary things like caches and my Temp folder.

Alternatively, some people might want to put the cache on a fast SSD drive while leaving their C:\ drive as a standard spinning disk.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  CACHE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Meta Data for Dimension for Print files

MetaData for Adobe Print Programs like Acrobat, Illustrator and InDesign.

Currently Bridge displays Pixel Dimensions for Web developers only.

It would be astronomically better if we could see Inches and or centimetres (depending on what the file was saved as)

you could make it even better still when programs like illustrator have more than 1 work art board. Just like previewing each art board in the preview pane, we should be able to see the dimensions change for each as well.

Moreover, if a poster is 24" x 36" the metadata should provide still the image contained info like 200…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support for 3rd party cloud folders

Support for browsing assets on 3rd party cloud [only (non-synced)] storage eg. Box, Dropbox, iCloud drive, Google drive, one drive, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search via the Keywords panel

it would be nice, if I could open the keyword panel, twirl down the different topics and keywords and checkmark what I am looking for and have all the footage that contains those keywords show up. This would be much more efficient than typing from 40000 feet in the finder and adding more and more criteria until you get the results you need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow user to decide which folders to show in Folders panel

Allow user to decide which folders to show in Folders panel, similar to Picasa. This would clean up the interface to show only Folders the user wishes to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FOLDER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Develop Tab in Esentials Panel

In the Essentials workspace add a tabbed 'Develop' panel before the Metadata and Keyword tabs. This 'Develop' panel would have the the following parameters from ACR:-

-White Balance

• Exposure

• Contrast

• Highlights

• Shadows

• Whites

• Blacks

This would enable quick evaluation of a shots immediately after an upload of a shoot. Ideally, such a 'Develop' panel would include some sort of focus mask, as in Capture One Pro. The ability to cop and paste develop settings would also be a time saver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base