Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show brushes and patterns as pictures

warum kann ich meine Presets nicht als Bild/Grafik in Bridge sehen und verwalten? Das wäre doch naheliegend und sinnvoll!
    Danke

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search inside After Effects Projects (.aep files) for Composition names

It would be great if the Bridge Search could bring back results that include the names of Compositions inside of an After Effects project file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Useful Dimensions on Metadata Panels for PDFs (and ideally INDD)

At the moment the metadata panel has useless (and misleading) dimensions for PDFs which are based off pixel preview data. It would be much more helpful if the panel could display the TrimBox values or just simple page dimensions (CropBox) if that's not available, either in mm or inches depending on your choice. Being able to show all the Page Boxes would be a dream. At the moment a user needs to launch Acrobat and dig to find that info.
    At the very least with CropBox data, a user could, for instance, tell if they're looking at an A4 or…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Content window changes are not for the better

1) The dark boxes around the thumbnails are distracting and do not add anything useful.

2)The stars are WAY too large. Waste of space and a distraction.

3)Thumbnail sizes are now limited to some preset sizes when before you could smoothly drag the slider to perfectly fit your current needs.

4) The space between thumbnails is too large vertically.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Number of photos associated with a keyword

Lightroom shows the number of photos that contain a keyword along with an arrow that, when clicked, creates a filter and displays the relevant keywords. I would love it if I could do the same thing in Bridge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add Dark Mode / Leave Color Labels as previous versions (or give user the option)

Please add Dark Mode / Leave Color Labels as previous versions (or give user the option)

Can you please leave Color Labels as before? Although it is now consistent with the latest version of MAC OS (Color dots), I really miss the way you could easily see files labeled with the color bar. It is just much easier to spot what you are looking for. Also, Dark Mode would be nice and consistent with some of your other apps like Illustrator and Photoshop 2019. I really don't understand the lack of consistency here... It would be nice to be able…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Smarter and more customisable thumbnail details, for a smoother workflow

The layout and format of the details that appear under the thumbnails could do with some improvement, to reduce interface friction and increase workflow.

Please see the attached screenshot (also at http://bit.ly/2Hrh00Z ). On the left is the current layout. It's dense and unnecessarily hard for the eye to parse quickly. On the rightis a mockup of how that same data could be laid out and formatted.

Below is a list of my proposed changes. Many of these could/should be optional (set in the preferences) so each user can adjust her UI as she needs. And of course there would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Accent Colours

The Accent Colour is in all versions of Bridge up 2018
    This really helps to teach students, as they can see the at a glance which interface we are using and more importantly which folder I am accessing.
    Please may we have it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Cut/Paste

Previously, you could Command-X on Mac to cut, and it appears that now the ability to cut has been taken away; under File, it just shows as greyed out when I have images selected.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow users to set the location of the Media Cache.

The default location of the Media Cache is on my C:\ drive. I do not like the C:\ drive to be used for temporary files. The constant creation and deletion of temporary files on the C:\ drive greatly increases the chances for corruption of that drive. Instead, I partition a separate drive to use for temporary things like caches and my Temp folder.

Alternatively, some people might want to put the cache on a fast SSD drive while leaving their C:\ drive as a standard spinning disk.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CACHE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. "Send" Capacity within Bridge to Forward an Image

I use Bridge to examine visual files to determine their "worthiness" for further processing. I wish, when keying an image, an option would be "Send" (as is found in File Explorer) where i could easily send the image to another for their review/suggestions/input.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Context Menu: Rearrange "Delete" and "Duplicate" commands to prevent accidential deletion

When using the Content Panel, the user may right-click a file/folder to access commands. The context menu includes the items "Duplicate" and "Delete". The two commands are immediately adjacent which presents a risk that the user will accidental select delete when intending to duplicate.

Please reorder the context menu items in order to separate the "Delete" command from other items, especially items beginning with the same letter. For example, place the "Delete" command at the absolute bottom of the context menu with a horizontal rule above it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Creative Cloud Files/Libraries/Published refinement

I saw a feature that said libraries was a new feature in Bridge and thinking that Bridge is the tool that, "gives you centralized access to all the files and assets you need for your creative projects," I was a little disappointed that it still doesn't seem to help with the clarify between files / libraries and published files on Creative cloud and seems to be very Photoshop and Illustrator focused rather than 'files and assets for creative projects' focused. * there are Adobe creative tools that are not Photoshop and Illustrator... just sayin.

Bridge should have a the ability…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LIBRARY PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. View InDesign thumbnails as spreads

Many, many iterations ago, Bridge used to give you thumbnail of the whole opening spread for an InDesign document - which was brilliant for getting a rough overview of your mag. Somewhere around the time alternate layouts was added to InD though we got switched to just the opening page which isn't nearly as helpful. Can we have the (very) old system back?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. WMF and DSF files

Bridge needs the ability to read *.wmf and *.dsf files. Many design engineers still use these formats, so they're still viable. But as of now, we have to use a third-party program top see the files. We'd rather just have Bridge do that so we can keep the number of programs to a minimum on our computers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Double click to toggle full screen video playback

The full screen is for image only as of today. I suggest the feature for video playback as well. I expect double click the video in the preview pane would do something like toggle full screen, similar to Windows Media Player. But it does nothing as of today.
    To inspect the focus of a video file, a full screen playback is helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. New version 2019, but still lacking of: no HiDPI support for 150%

Most other Adobe Apps have now HiDPI support. But Bridge supports only 100% or 200% (i'm on Windows)!
    But I have a 27" Monitor with UHD (3840x2160) and Windows is set to 150%. Thats because with 100% all Elements are to small to read and with 200% everything is to big and the advantages of the high resolution are not used.
    That's why 150% is ideal. Photoshop, InDesign etc. are perfect optimized for this value in between, but not Bridge. With the new Setting for the type size, there are more possibilities (but the space between the text lines will…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  HIGH DPI SUPPORT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Run .bat files from Bridge

This is a basic one. I have a .bat file that I use to copy images from a database, and it'd be nice if I could run it directly from Bridge.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base