Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. filter images by predominant color

Filter and/or sort images in a selected folder by the dominant color of image

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Video metadata

Display video frame rate plus height and width. This would make it easier to sort 4k and 1080 clips.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIDEO-AUDIO PLAYBACK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Meta Data for Dimension for Print files

MetaData for Adobe Print Programs like Acrobat, Illustrator and InDesign.

Currently Bridge displays Pixel Dimensions for Web developers only.

It would be astronomically better if we could see Inches and or centimetres (depending on what the file was saved as)

you could make it even better still when programs like illustrator have more than 1 work art board. Just like previewing each art board in the preview pane, we should be able to see the dimensions change for each as well.

Moreover, if a poster is 24" x 36" the metadata should provide still the image contained info like 200…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable Quick Look quality previewing with Spacebar (Mac)

Hitting Spacebar in Finder brings up a full screen high quality preview of many files (including PDFs).
    Doing so in Bridge brings up a tiny low resolution preview. Adobe invented PDFs, can we please have this simple feature in Bridge? Even if there was an option to use Quick Look rendering rather than Bridge rendering.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  PDF PREVIEW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow AND link for keywords in the filter panel

I want to use keywords to find specific images fast and regularly, so using the find dialog and filling out all dropdowns is too slow. I also have a lot of keywords and often want to search for different combinations, so using a smart collection does not help. I want to narrow down my selection of images and therefore need an option to use logical AND when selecting multiple keywords.

I personally never need the default OR link and don't care about where this option will be presented. Possible are the panel menu at the top right of the panel,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Move information from bottom of Content Panel back to bottom of Bridge window. (Revert back to how Bridge 2018 did this).

In the "Preview" workspace, the VITAL information on the bottom of the Content panel is lost. In Bridge 2018, this was permanently along the bottom of the Bridge program window. Now that it's INSIDE the Content panel, the file number count, etc, is lost because the Content panel is too narrow to display it. C'mon. Why move it? It was perfect where it was! Or at the very least, make the fine count stay, and the thumbnail size slider disappear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keyword filtering results that contains ALL keywords selected rather than ANY Keyword selected.

Hello,

This might already exists since it seems like such an obvious feature (also appears in other Adobe products e.g Lightroom) but it is the ability to filter files by multiple keywords with the results only showing result that contain all the keywords selected not just if they contain any of the selected keywords.

For example I have photos of different athletic events eg track; high jump; triple jump; discus etc. these also have the keywords for the country they represent such as USA; GBR; BRA; RUS.

What happens right now when I select the keywords "High jump" and "GBR"…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow folders to remember window position

Allow folders to remember the window scroll position last viewed.

If you have a folder of 100's of images and drill down to view a file, leaving the folder then returning positions the window at the top again. This means scrolling down to find that file again.

Work on a project where there are multiple folders of many images and repeat this going back/forth/scrolling a few times. That's when you'd realize how nice it would be to return where you were.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please KEEP Debayers

I open an image full-screen and zoom in to 100% mode. I wait literally 2 minutes [we'll chalk that part up to my computer being quite old] for it to de-pixelate even though I have "Generate Full Screen Previews" turned on and I've waited for Bridge to stop saying "Generating Previews."

I go to the next image and wait through the process again. Then I decide I want to compare the two, so I go back to the first image ... *and have to start the whole process over*.

Why, you know, IN THE WORLD? Why weren't the full screen…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Status Bar in Bridge

Hello, I wanted to report a functionality that was lost with the last update this month. It's about the lower status bar which has been eliminated, preventing that the information about file count, selected and size can be completely visualized. In my case, I use the content panel at the minimum size to be able to see the preview of the image as large as possible, with which I lose the information of the files as the status bar is no longer there. I hope you can find a solution because it is something important in the bridge workflow.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Printing from Bridge

It would be very helpful to be able to print from Bridge. Many times I have gone back to photos long after I have processed them to print them for another project. Just to do a simple function like printing I have to open the files in Photoshop, this seems to be an extra step that is unnecessary when a printing command would be so simple.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Synology Thumbnails

i would like for adobe to work with synology and there DSM software to have bridge as a plugin and allow for thumbnails withing the DSM software. so i can see my files in the web browser any ware. currently i have 16 tb of data and can see a thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. histogram

Could we have a live histogram window for the selected image in Bridge?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I don't want to connect my laptop to the internet when working remotely. Why do Abode insist on verification when not connected.!!!

Why do we have to verify subscription on laptops used in the field? It makes impossible to use this program. Any suggestions/settings I can remove this request?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make "Show subfolders items" as default an option

Please Adobe, make the "Show subfolders items" as default an option in Bridge preferences and this way, preserve some of us from uselessly clicking more than we should!
    Tendinitis is common among users, did you know?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Permit separate operations, in Multiple windows simultaneously

I would love to be able to do separate operations, in Multiple windows, simultaneously
    !
    Br could then be building its thumbnails from a particular Folder in one window; while I could carry on processing images from a separate Folder in ACR while those thumbnails are being built.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Let me remove star ratings with the mouse

I used to be able to remove a star rating from an image by clicking to the left of the stars beneath the image. That is no longer possible--I now have to do it via the keyboard, meaning that I'm moving my hands back and forth from the mouse all the time, or by going up to the Tools menu with the mouse, which is a lot of wasted motion. Please put back the ability to do this with the mouse right underneath the image.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Restore separate control for image background color

My longstanding preference is for a light interface color and a dark image background. Please bring back the ability to control the two colors separately.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need separate Work-in-Progress Indicator

I feel that a separate Work-in-Progress Indicator (distinct from the Spinning Pizza) is needed for those times when Bridge is actually working on something (such as writing Keywords) instead of having frozen completely.

At the moment, there is no indication that Bridge is doing anything at all while the Pizza keeps spinning and the Dock merely indicates that there is an option to Force Quit.

So we need a different Bridge-governed indicator and the Pizza should then only appear if Bridge has actually frozen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Darker / thicker typeface

Do not see a category for interface, all panels and windows. I prefer white / light interfaces rather than the dark gray. The new Bridge has settings for type size (thank you!) but on the lightest background the type is medium gray or too thin and very hard to see. Would like a way to make type black on the white or light gray backgrounds, or more bold. Have to go back to 2017. Thank you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base