Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 'Apply to All' when moving files

I just had to move over 400 images from one usb stick to another. I usd to Bridge to facilitate this. I have no problem in Bridge asking me to confirm that I am sure I want to move a file from 'A' to 'B' but why can I not chose to 'Apply to all' Why on earth do I have to confirm each and every one. Over 400 clicks later :-(

This was certainly a feature in Bridge (and almost every other program ever known to work with Windows!!) right up till Bridge 2018.

Please sort this.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Adobe Bridge as Mediabrowser for Premiere Pro

As Premiere Pro has a Mediabrowser, it would be a great advantage if you could use Bridge as a Mediabrowser as well and easily send files to Premiere or After Effects ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  INTEROPERATABILITY  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. IPTC Core data

Would like to copy IPTC Core data from a .JPG file to a raw file. I have thousands of annotated JPEGs with raw files of the same name. Lightroom only shows IPTC data in the raw (sidecar) files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. make it work

Currently waiting 30 seconds at least for a star rating to appear. Overall performance is at barely usable speed. I'm watching lag I've not seen since the 90s. This is supposed to be a quick, basic image browser, yet it's now so slow I can barely bring myself to boot it up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Smart Collection Indexing

Smart Collections can take a considerable time to index/re-index so what I'd like to see is a Progress Bar [ideally with an estimated time to complete] and a Message pop-up when the indexing has completed. Just to be greedy I'd also like to index more than 1 smart collection at a time. So an option like "Re-index all Smart Collections" would be really useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FOLDER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Adobe Bridge CC 2019 - Syncing Issues

It's buggy. I'm trying to mass edit a large amount of photos. When I click select all and try to choose a preset to apply to all of the images it won't work. It only applies the preset to one image. Also when I try to sync the image edits it will not let me sync the treatment and profile settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. dele

everytime i delete a photo from ther contact panel , the curser goes back to the very first photo. previously , ones a photo is deletes , the curser moves 1 forward.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. filr ren

After labeling files , i renamed the entire folder. ones it renamed, all the labels have disappeared

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Preview with camera setting

Can I please get a switch so that I can preview the RAW files in the camera settings and not the Bridge defaults? I would like to see my black and white files in black and white i preview. Veliva should come up as velvia. I know the RAW files have a camera setting information and I have seen other RAW converters do it so I know it is possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Good day! My camera raw presets are not displayed in the develop module settings. Tell me how to fix it? I can't use my presets while workin

Good day! My camera raw presets are not displayed in the develop module settings. Tell me how to fix it? I can't use my presets while working with the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Light mode

Please please please please Adobe, in general, recognise that some of us struggle like you can't imagine working in Dark Mode. We need an InDesign style light mode so that we can see the icons etc.

For those of us who have bright lights (like the sun) shining indirectly behind our monitors, dark mode is almost useless and makes it almost impossible without shifting around or moving the monitor from side to side to be able to read what is on the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Backup settings

I would like to be able to backup all my collections and other definitions with a menu option. If I re-install Bridge (and my machine needs re-installing every few months thanks to the magic of many weird things like device drivers etc) I would like to know I can restore all my Bridge configuration settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Creation of documents

I would love it if Bridge had a right click=>create document=>InDesign etc facility. I would love it Bridge could be enhanced to the point where it could be used as a complete replacement for Window's File Explorer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. File info Panel

If possible I would like to see the description column in the basic part larger. Have 20 to 30 lines off text to enter, where it is impossible to view what has been written. Bridge 2017 let me expand the panel to see all lines.
    In my movies library, text is written inside the info panel.

Here is an example of what I mean

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Custom Folder Icons

One of the only things I like about Macs is the relative ease of customizing the icons for folders. But the problem is that if there are Macs and PCs on the same network, the same icons aren't visible on both.
    I would love if Bridge would allow you to
    a) Change those icons from within Bridge itself. (Shouldn't need to go to Finder, then File Info, etc.).
    b) Allow Bridge on a PC to see those same Folder Icons. The hidden "Icon?" file is in each folder. Use it. Show it. Make Bridge be more than a bridge for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Crashes while renaming files

Bridge9.1 Renaming files takes very long, then it crashes while giving files the new name. Giving files a new name for a second time is absolute impossible, i have to change in bridge 2018, then all this things work great without any problem.
    system MacOS10.14.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CRASH  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. auto preview latest file

Many versions ago, Bridge had a functional auto preview latest file script. For those shooting tethered, a working script that shows the lastest image shot in the preview window would be of great benefit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SCRIPTING  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Tweak_option in regular rename not offered in Advanced rename

a tweak actually, option in regular not in Advanced Rename- option YYYYMMMDD missing.
    I cannot find my file naming nirvana style yet- but I like YYYYMMMDD (PSST, THE MONTH IS SPELLED OUT), then I thought I would add the camera's original name.

Because of so many transfers, reloads, copies- I thought this might help identify duplicates better.
    In the Advanced Rename box, I almost got what I wanted. It's a little thing: but I like to see the Month spelled out and then date instead a bunch of numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. XD-File-Selection for smart collections

I'm working with a lot of XD-Files and I need a quick overview.
    For this function I would use the smart collection but it isn't possible to select file-type XD in this combo-Box.

Is it possible to add XD-File to this combo-box-entries or do you have another solution for this? -> For better explantion take a look to attached file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Stop re-adding columns closed by the user in list view

Just... stop.

I really have no idea what else to say. When I go through the trouble of right-clicking on a column (Rating, for example), I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN. Why does Bridge keep re-adding these columns every time I change views or open the app?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base