How can we improve Adobe Bridge?

Please Undo Some "Improvements" to Bridge 2019

1) Where's my true black background? For as long as I've worked with Adobe products I've kept my workspace backgrounds as close to black as possible. Bridge 2018 accommodated me. Bridge 2019 does not: nearest I can get to black is an insipid and annoyingly bright neutral gray. Please restore my option to work against true black.

2) Please make star ratings optional. I do not use star ratings and when stars were much smaller I could ignore them. Now they take up a good chunk of real estate beneath my image, making information I do choose to show hard or impossible to read without blowing up preview size to counterproductive levels. Just give me a toggle to make the stars disappear altogether, please.

41 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

John Dibelka shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Konrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can design what you want - but let us chosse and make it configurable and optional!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could not agree more with these comments. I DO NOT WANT THE STAR RATINGS. I DON'T USE THEM, THEY JUST TAKE UP SPACE AND MAKE IT MORE CLUTTERED.

• Kukurykus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Instead of fixing bugs and make real improvements you you focus on things noone wants!

Bring back Star Ratings to be optional, and give a choise for Thumbnail background colour!

• Skies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I couldn't agree, more. There is a LOT of wasted space in version 9.0. I'm back working on 8.1 and have ininstalled 9.0.

I was wondering why I could see so few folders a once, turns out they just put a lot of 'emptyness' between the folders.

• Wootie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with the ratings. Screen real estate has been sacrificed to negative space for readability with this version. I think that is a disfavoured choice. Why is ratings the only manditory Thummbnail Metadata? Please make it optional like the rest.

• Ippen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What do you think about the possibility of more individual costumizations in settings for the view of content area? Or at least several presets, but more then now.

Star rating only should be displayed if there are ratings.

• Tilman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't need a frame around my picture! I need a white background back in bridge 2019! How can I control framing/0% white sky?

Feedback and Knowledge Base