How can we improve Adobe Bridge?

Image Backdrop-need pure white tone

Image backdrop needs to be a user defined tone as previous versions allowed. Pure white is definitely needed to double check images that are required to have a 255 255 255 background. Had to revert to 2018 version.

29 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Bridge user,

As one of the top voted features, we plan to make this available in the next release at the end of this year. We plan to provide an option to remove Tiles so that you can see larger thumbnails and also control the color around your asset/image from pure black to pure white.

Thank you for your vote.

Teja Vepakomma,
Senior Product Manager
Adobe Bridge

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew Southard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same but for a different reason in one of my main workflows:

I use dark UI (avoiding eye strain) but do a ton of work with transparent PNG tech drawing files. With a dark or transparency grid background, I can't distinguish things at a glance, but since the latest "update" the only way I can get solid white(ish) behind the graphics is with a glaring light UI. Please revert to where I had the choice.

• Olek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the most important thing in my image editing workflow, and I edit over 4000 images per day (my company). We all use Adobe products, but I can't update my employees software to the lates because Bridge will be unusable for us. We need a pure white backdrop on a list of image thumbnails to check the correct background without any dirt or unwanted shadows touching the edge of image. With current "Bright" color theme we will make a lot of mistakes and will loose client and will get a lot of financial losses. And it's because you've probably got new designers that never used Bridge in real working process.
    This is very important!!! Please update the option to be able to set the backdrop any color user needs and get rid of the darker frame around thumbnal!!!

• Stefano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same problem. I had to install the old 2018 version to have a white background in the thumbnails.

• David Ulrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely. I use an 18% gray interface for color correction between Bridge, ACR, and PS. Only PS now allows for a custom color interface. PLEASE bring back the custom color background for Bridge and ACR. I too had to revert to Bridge 2018.

Feedback and Knowledge Base