Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

How can we improve Adobe Bridge?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Metadata template display format

Metadata templates could be enhanced to be much more useful, by adding "template data display format" to each template. When creating a template, you would then not only choose which metadata items belong in the template, but ALSO you would be able to drag metadata fields around on a canvas, resize them, and adjust other properties of them to create a format for display of the metadata.

With this enhanced metadata template, you could display the metadata associated with the template by using its display format. This could be used in a couple of places very effectively: as a tab…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Metadata template for metadata display

I'm new at Bridge. Created a metadata template as one of my first actions, then was surprised to find that I could not select that template to choose what the metadata display pane shows. The three-bar menu ought to have "Select Metadata Templates", which would show existing metadata templates with checkboxes. Checking one causes its name to show up as a tab in the metadata display pane, and selecting that tab shows the metadata for that template only.

A related use of the metadata templates: in the preview pane, it would be nice if one could select a metadata template,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow for delimiters in shoot date for sub-folder names during upload from camera

When I upload from memory card, I use Bridge as my program of choice but I notice that delimiters (hyphen or underscores) aren't an option when creating folders by shoot date. When I connect my camera, I use my camera's software, which allows for delimiters. With it, I can choose to have delimiters for both the folder and filenames, neither, or one and not the other. I prefer delimiters for folder names but not for filenames.

Example: 2018-11-25 vs 20181125

It would be nice if I could keep the folder names consistent to my preference and not have to manually…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. RAW Nikon 6

Why do you not update Bridge for current RAW format used in Z6?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Browse and preview pictures on removable media

It looks like browsing and previewing pictures on removable media is not supported in any meaningful way.

I am able to see folder structure and file names. I cannot see thumbnails or metadata. In the context menu for a file, the "Open" and "Reveal in Explorer" options simply don't do anything.

I have tested this with an Android 9 device in MTP and PTP modes. I also tested with a plain old USB flash drive.

No matter how slow it may be, I want Bridge to fetch thumbnails for all my photos and browse them before downloading or deleting any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Advance Slideshow using buttons on a touch screens

Hi there, I just got Bridge, and I'm playing around organizing my many photos. I noticed you can view these photos as a slideshow, via the View tab in the program. However, it seems the only way to advance the slideshow and move to the next picture is by the timer, or using the keyboard's arrow keys or spacebar. I primarily use a windows tablet, which only has a virtual keyboard, which gets in the way in a slideshow. With any other program I've been able to advance the slideshow simply by tapping the screen (left clicking) - I was…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. can we have the option of a WHITE cursor!!

FFS! I spend half my life trying to find a black cursor on a dark background now. Whoever thought that was a good idea!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Full Bridge Window Preview Mode within the Bridge Window only. Similar functionality to Full Screen Mode.

I'd love a keyboard command or toggle command in preferences which enables me to do a full window sized image within the entire bridge window only. Not taking up the entire computer screen. Im aware of the preview window. This is slightly different.

There are times I'm comparing an image or information within an image that I need to transcribe. Doing this would allow me to see the image without having to make it full screen forcing me to try and memorize what i'm trying to transcribe from image to text. Unless I'm unaware of an existing functionality, this would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Use osx-finder-tags in Bridge

I am not the first one, requesting this feature, but i hope to be the last one:
    Please, let us use finder-tags from OSX in >Bridge!
    This would be an essential advantage for (not only) our workgroup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add photo tray

Add the option to "collect" images from several locations into a temporary collection or "tray". By collecting the images from more than one place you can then compare between them or export them or do any other activity but the files can be located in different folders. I guess one could label photos in a special way then search for that keyword or label but that requires a root parent folder which might cause a large scale search...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Preview RED files on Bridge

Is there any way to preview RED files (.R3D) or (.RDC) on Adobe Bridge?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Haut weichzeichnen, Zähne bleichen

Haut weichzeichnen, Zähne bleichen
    Diese Funktionen in Camera Raw wären sehr hilfeich

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. FujiFilm XT-3 RAF (RAW) conversion incorrect colors for but "As Shot"

Please correct ACR to produce correct colors for FujiFilm XT-3 RAF (RAW) files

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 'Copy Path' directly from Bridge

In Windows 10 file explorer, you have the chance of copy the full path of a file by clicking "Ctrl + Right-Mouse-Btn" and choosing "Copy full path".

it would be awesome to have something like that on Bridge, because it broads the range of software you can work better with. I sometimes work with 3d software, webdesign, and/or smaller utilities for video and image, and most of them don't support Bridge's "drag-and-drop", or it simply doesn't fit the workflow (example: webdesign - you do it by code...)

A "Copy full path" function would help greatly on that, and shouldn't be…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Tags: synergy between mac and adobe

I want the keywords I use in adobe bridge to look like tags in Finder - Mac Os 10.14
    I work with photo archiving and I use Adobe bridge. I send this images to an asset management software. But if I want to find the photos using the Mac, I can't see the metadata I use. They dont appear in the Finder. I'd like see my keywords appear in Finder as Tags. Why not?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Improved mouse wheel support - ACR

ACR requires a click on an adjustment button to enable adjustment to be scroll adjusted with the mouse scroll button. I would like this to be activated merely by the cursor being in 'proximity' to any adjustment slider. The click is superfluous / inefficient.

This scroll wheel support is a feature on Nikon Capture NX-D, SilkyPix DS, and Capture One Pro. Greater efficiency/ accuracy.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Photo Downloader

Bei jedem neuen Foto Download will Adobe die Fotos automatisch auf C:\...\User\Pictures\Aufnahmedatum abspeichern.
    Meine Medien müssen aber nach D:\Fotos\Aufnahmedatum.
    Dies muss leider bei jedem Download neu eingestellt werden... Leider konnte ich auch in den Voreinstellungen nichts finden.
    Bitte ändern, Danke.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Geotaggin

Please provide the ability to add gps location metadata by dragging onto a map or synchronising with a gpx log, as in Lightroom.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. RAW Converter: Transformieren/Verzerrung und/oder eigene Kurzbefehle

Die Perspektivkontrolle mit dem Transformieren-Werkzeug hat seit geraumer Zeit ein eigenes Fenster bekommen. Von der Logik her ist es nachvollziehbar, das Transformieren-Werkzeug von den Objektivkorrekturen zu trennen. Leider geht das an der Praxis völlig vorbei: wer die Perspektive wirklich kontrollieren will, muss meist auch an den Verzerrung drehen.

In der Praxis geht man doch so vor, dass zunächst die chromatischen Aberrationen beseitigt und automatische Profilkorrekturen angewendet werden. Dann werden die Perpektivkorrekturen vorgenommen. Abschließend müssen meist nochmals an den Verzeichnungen kleinere Anpassungen vorgenommen werden.

Kann man die Perspektivkontrolle nicht als dritten Reiter bei der Objektivkontrolle unterbringen? Dann müsste man nicht ständig…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I do not want to see certain file types. Could not install that you can hide certain types of data. mfg.Maurice Imhof

I do not want to see certain file types. Could not install that you can hide certain types of data. mfg.Maurice Imhof

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base