Report Bugs

Help us with the issues you are facing by taking one of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant bug -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation and help us identify the problem
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find the issue you are experiencing, report a new one

When filing a new bug, please provide:

• Version of Adobe Bridge
  • Steps to reproduce the issues
  • Operating System
  • Expected result
  • Actual result
  • Optional- Upload your File or Video

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Bridge 10.0.0.124 Cache is not working at all

I'm actually speechless. It is beyond my imagination how Adobe can release unusable version. To reproduce:
    - Generage cache for some folders and subfolders.
    - wait 2 hours
    - turn off laptop, disconnect external drive go to work
    - attach drive turn on laptop
    - run bridge - go to foder with pre generated cache
    - bridge starts generating thumbnails again

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  CACHE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter panel: only 5 panels actually showing

On my Macbook Pro 2017, just updated to Bridge 2020 and have a similar problem to the Oct. 22, 2018 question "only 9 of 30 panels actually showing": resetting preferences and workspaces didn't work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NOT A BUG  ·  4 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scaled to Fit/Fill

The 'Slideshow options > Scaled to Fill / Scaled to Fit' function does not work. This is reported more often in the foru and has not been working for the last few years.
    E.g. described https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge/to-this-day-quot-scaled-to-fit-fill-quot-in-bridge-slideshow-options-still-does-not-work/
    Quoted from forum:
    "When a folder of images are all of various pixel dimensions, and a user checks "Scaled to Fit" in Slideshow Options and then runs the Slideshow, one can reasonably assume that EVERY IMAGE SHOULD BE FIT TO THE CURRENT SCREEN, PROPORTIONALLY! The remainder of the image should be letterboxed.

But that simply doesn't happen with Bridge. And it never has. On…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Renaming same raw+jpeg files names files in sequence #1,2,3 ... not 1,1,2,2,3,3...

When renaming Raw+Jpeg files, Bridge gives them sequential sequence numbers, not the same sequence number i.e. Filename001.raw Filename002.jpg NOT "Filename001.raw" and "Filename001.jpg"

New Dell Laptop, latest version on all software, Win 10 Home. First tried yesterday, worked after several tries … now not working correctly at all

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The star ratings are no longer working.

The star ratings are no longer working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sony ARW files are saturated and dark

Bridge and Lightroom creates very saturated and dark previews of Sony RAW files (ARW). Once this preview is there, I can't turn it off. This has made Adobe products unusable.The jpegs are light and desaturated. I even went as far as to wipe my hard drive clean and upgrade the OS and software (Adobe support says to do this when they run out of ideas). Any ideas on what is going wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF OUTPUT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bridge not deleting files from my desktop DropBox folder. Error message appears. Impeding workflow.

Bridge v 10.0.2.131 in Mac OS Catalina is not deleting files from my desktop DropBox folder. Error message appears. This is impeding workflow and was never an issue on previous versions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. preview panel tif

I'm unable to preview Tifs made in photoshop in Bridge. The files do have layers but the preview has worked for me before.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Thumbnails flickering in Bridge 2020/Mac

Bridge thumbnails show as flickering gray boxes instead of images. video screen grab attached. iMac Retina 5K 27" late 2015 Mojave 10.14.6

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

NEED MORE INFO  ·  3 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't open .ai 2020 file from Bridge 2020 in Mac OS 10.14.6

I cannot double click to open, or right click to open an .ai 2020 file in Bridge 2020. I get either no response at all, or the error you see in the screenshot. I'm on Mac OS 10.14.6.

I can drag an .ai file from Bridge onto the Illustartor application icon in the dock.
    I can reveal the file in Finder, and open it from there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Favorites sidebar deletes folders when drive is not attached

I frequently access files on two external drives (a camera SD card and a SSD for photos). I keep a few folder shortcuts to both of them in the Favorites sidebar and occasionally forget to plug one in when starting work. If I click on a shortcut to a drive that's not plugged in, it gets deleted from favorites. Highly annoying as I have to drag it back into favorites once it's plugged in. Would be great to have the option to keep or delete the favorite instead of auto-deleting it when it can't be found.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FOLDER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bridge doesn't fully close when exiting...

When I exit Bridge to close the program it actually stays running in task manager and I have to manually end the task to close it completely.

Bridge also fails to open (unless I end the task) after I close it because of this bug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Batch rename hangs

When there're some files which may be given same name after renaming, Bridge will takes serial number such as (2), (3), ...and more.
    But today's version, Bridge hangs and the files are left with temporal names.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bridge Metadata- Copyright on all files

Hi,
    I'm using Bridge Adobe cloude.
    I created a metadata templet and i'm trying to append it on all of the photos at once and i'm having issue with the Copyright Notice.
    i wrote the ©and my name, and when append it on all of the files it shows only my name without the mark of copyright ©.

i'll be happy to get support

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Bridge won't open files using Explorer's file type association

After the 10.0.3.138 update, Bridge no longer opens files using Windows Explorer's file type associations. For example, if you try to open an mp4 file Bridge will not open it in Movies & TV. Instead it will open it in a third party app if you have one installed that handles that file type. Otherwise, if there isn't a file type associated with it, Bridge will simply not open the file. Changing the file type associations won't work because there are no options for any of the native Window apps. This was not the case in 10.0.2. For now the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Error in date order uploading from iPhone

I am using Bridge 10.0.3.138 and use it to upload Photo's from my iPhone8. To be honest, neither Bridge Version or iPhone model are relevant, because Bridge has been doing this for several years and It does it with every iPhone model. When I connect my iPhone to my pc, and once iTunes has synced I use Bridge Photo Downloader to upload images. Once Bridge eventually finds my iPhone, (and it can take several attempts for Bridge to recognise the iPhone, sometimes saying this device contains no images which is wrong, but that's another thread) - it does not sort…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search function does not work even after Show Items from Subfolders is checked.

Search function is not working at all even after the suggestion of trying the solution to Show items from Subfolders is selected. It keeps saying No items to display.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bridge crashing or unresponsive when renaming

Bridge 2020 (version 10.0.3) MAC
    crashes or becomes unresponsive when trying to rename files to either lowercase or uppercase.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The operation could not be completed. An unknown operating system error has occurred.

Bridge 10.0.4 - Repeated error message on startup.

I have read the posts that are relevant and reinstalled Bridge, rebooted the computer, checked Privacy settings, removed external drives. Bridge still gives continual error messages as soon as it is started.

The problem went away for a couple of days and has now returned. On moving a photo from one folder to another it moved the entire folder and then showed four copies of the same folder in the directory tree. Back to the same error message now on restarting. Is this unique to me or are others having similar problems?

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base