Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Revert the coloured labelling dot back to a visible line!

On previous versions of Bridge, the label was a highly visible coloured line under the image. On Bridge 2019, they have changed the label to an inconspicuous and highly missable small coloured dot.

Please revert back to the old line, or give us the option on how the label should look.

56 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please Undo Some "Improvements" to Bridge 2019

1) Where's my true black background? For as long as I've worked with Adobe products I've kept my workspace backgrounds as close to black as possible. Bridge 2018 accommodated me. Bridge 2019 does not: nearest I can get to black is an insipid and annoyingly bright neutral gray. Please restore my option to work against true black.

2) Please make star ratings optional. I do not use star ratings and when stars were much smaller I could ignore them. Now they take up a good chunk of real estate beneath my image, making information I do choose to show hard…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

This feature is available to try as a Beta (Prerelease) in Bridge v10.0 Drop 2.

Please go to https://adobeprerelease.com and Select Adobe Bridge and sign up for our prerelease program to have an early look at this feature and provide feedback.

Summary of changes:
    At the bottom of the Content Panel, we have provide 2 checkboxes:
    1. Tiles (to show/hide tiles)
    2. Thumbnails only (to show/hide ratings and file names)

If the tiles are removed, you can change the color of the interface around the thumbnails from pure white to pure black. Edit Menu → Preferences → Interface → Image Backdrop

Click on a Color Theme to reset to defaults.

Regards,
    Teja

3. Save/Update workspace

The ability to modify and save the current workspace would be very useful. At the moment the current workspace can be modified but not saved under the same workspace name, it has to be saved under a new name and then the old name deleted.

E.g. I have a "Photography" workspace. If I want to change it I cannot resave it as "Photography", I save it as "Photography1" and then delete "Photography". Then, I cannot rename "Photography1" as "Photography".

Once the old "Photography" has been deleted I can then load "Phorography1", save it as "Photography" and then delete "Photography1".

Eventually,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More colour labels

Pleas add more colour option or the ability to make custom colours for labels in Bridge. There are currently only 5, which when working at a large scale or with big teams is not enough!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reduce space wasting in Bridge 2019 UI

Since Bridge 2019, the whole UI is "larger" and needs more space. There is more space between the items in the folder list, the keyword list, and the favorites items. Thus, only half of the list fits to the same space as before.
    Also the space between thumbnails in the grid view was enlarged.

Please enable an option as für the "Text Size" that let the user bring up more content in a compacter manner.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Bridge users,

As one of the top voted features, this is actively under development. We plan to provide option to hide the tiles so that you can see larger thumbnails and zoom out if you need to see more assets in Content View. While 9.1 (released) has some improvements, the upcoming Bridge release this year end will have significant improvements in this area. As far as the folder view and Keywords is concerned, we hope to address that next year.

Meanwhile, some of you may benefit from the existing “View Menu→Show Thumbnails Only” to see more assets in Content View.

Thank you for your vote.

Teja Vepakomma
    Senior Product Manager,
    Adobe Bridge

6. Thumbnail Boxes

The darker boxes around each and every thumbnail image, omg, get rid of those or at least make it optional. Its just awful. I am told on the forum "The dark grey boxes around assets in content panel is designed for better view of assets." Thats a hell of a thing to assume, it makes me want to scratch my eyes out. Please PleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePleasePlease

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Bridge Users,

This feature is available to try as a Beta (Prerelease) in Bridge v10.0 Drop 2.

Please go to https://adobeprerelease.com and Select Adobe Bridge and sign up for our prerelease program to have an early look at this feature and provide feedback.

Summary of changes:
    1. Tiles (to show/hide tiles and make thumbnails larger)

If the tiles are removed, you can change the color of the interface around the thumbnails from pure white to pure black. Edit Menu → Preferences → Interface → Image Backdrop

Thanks,
    Teja
    Senior Product Manager,
    Adobe Bridge

7. ADOBE BRIDGE : SHOW FULL FILENAME IN PREVIEW WINDOW UNDER GRAPHIC

Finder is AWEFUL compared to ADOBE BRIDGE for reviewing images.
    In Adobe Bridge, there's PLENTY of space under the graphic in PREVIEW window to show the full file image. NEED THIS... BADLY.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bridge 9.1 breaks workflow of deleting pictures

the latest official release of Bridge (v.9.1) breaks my workflow of deleting pictures. When in normal viewing mode, I am editing pictures by scrolling or selecting photos in the content window to review them in the preview window. When deleting a marked/active picture with backspace, the next picture in the content window is automatically selected or marked (with a blue rectangle) and you can go on editing your pictures. That is the behavior in former versions of Adobe Bridge CC 2019 (e.g. v.9.0.3).

In Bridge CC 2019 version 9.1 the mark of the active photo (the blue rectangle) is jumping…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Copy selected Files to Lightroom CC (Not Classic) for Editing

Need to copy selected files or files that have label (say "approved") directly to Lightroom cc for editing.
    Currently need to copy them into directory, import from Lightroom, delete files.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  INTEROPERATABILITY  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Old Label visuals much better than new 'dot' feature

Wondered if there is a way to make the labels in Bridge CC 2019 more pronounced like in the previous version vs the tiny dots they are now? Preferences does not seem to offer this option. I much prefer the old labels that were easier to better illustrate my workflow (approved, review, work on, etc.) at a glance. These tiny dots require more attention to determine what I am looking at.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bring Split View to Mac OS

In Adobe Bridge 2019 and PS CC for Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 I am unable to do split view as in previous OS versions. Is this something that Adobe got rid of on the latest version or is something related to the current Mac OS that I am running? It would be great to have that feature back!

Split view is great when working with Bridge in different folders... specially when moving around files... same applies to PS CC... it's great to have two windows open in full size.. it makes a difference!

Please bring back Split View for Mac…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. dele

everytime i delete a photo from ther contact panel , the curser goes back to the very first photo. previously , ones a photo is deletes , the curser moves 1 forward.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow users to have 8 labels which can be given unique names by users. This is already the case with competitors such as Photo Mechanic

Allow users to have 8 labels which can be given unique names by users. This is already the case with competitors such as Photo Mechanic and other software vendors. I am reluctant to move away from Photo Mechanic to Adobe Bridge because I find it so useful. This is already a popular idea on the forum as can be seen from many posts

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Keyword Panel to Float Outside Bridge Window

Please consider making the keyword panel a floating panel that we can move outside the main Bridge window. It would be so much more convenient. If you do consider this idea, please also consider a better layout for finding and creating new keywords to minimize the amount of scrolling.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please add option to show photos in two folders side-by-side

Please add option to show photos in two folders side-by-side (similar to Aperture). This would be a very valuable feature where users could compare contents of two folders and even move photos between folders. All other panels could apply to both folders (filtering, metadata, etc.). Having two views side by side would be the greatest additional feature to Bridge!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Image Backdrop-need pure white tone

Image backdrop needs to be a user defined tone as previous versions allowed. Pure white is definitely needed to double check images that are required to have a 255 255 255 background. Had to revert to 2018 version.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Bridge Users,

This feature is now available to try as a Beta (Prerelease)

Please go to https://adobeprerelease.com and Select Adobe Bridge and sign up for our prerelease program to have an early look at this feature and provide feedback. You will need to download
    Bridge v10.0 Drop 2. Please also take a look at the documentation for this drop.

Summary of changes:
    1. Tiles (to show/hide tiles)

Looking forward to your feedback.

Regards,
    Teja Vepakomma
    Senior Product Manager
    Adobe Bridge

17. Light mode

Please please please please Adobe, in general, recognise that some of us struggle like you can't imagine working in Dark Mode. We need an InDesign style light mode so that we can see the icons etc.

For those of us who have bright lights (like the sun) shining indirectly behind our monitors, dark mode is almost useless and makes it almost impossible without shifting around or moving the monitor from side to side to be able to read what is on the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Disable Thumbnail and Preview Generation, and Caching

Thumbnails and previews are agonizingly slow to generate. Regardless of what settings I change, they take way too long to load, and often times don't load at all. Cache size, cache file size limit, preview quality, etc, none of them are effective, especially for videos since some cache settings don't apply to them. I would like the ability to apply keywords to files quickly. In my case, and I'm sure often enough for others, the thumbnails and previews are excess information. Generating them takes too long to make the workflow possible at all. Please consider. Thank you.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Bridge Users,

Have you tried setting the following Preferences?
    Edit Menu→Preferences→Thumbnails→Do Not Process files larger than 1000 MB. Change this to 1 MB.

Also, on the right hand side of the folder navigation bar on top, drop down next to the triangle (Option for thumbnail quality and previews) and select “Prefer Embedded (faster)”. Screenshot attached.

Let us know if this helps by commenting on User Voice.

19. histogram

Could we see HISTOGRAM in Adobe Bridge? It's very important for photographers. (I know Adobe is more suited for Designers and they don't need it...)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Display saved version in file attributes

Hello, is it possible to additionally show in the file properties in which version a file was saved? For example EPS-8, EPS-10, AI CC or PS CC. This would be especially good for EPS. Many thanks, Gabi

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base