Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. desktop shortcut and direct bookmarks

desktop shortcut and direct bookmarks within file browser and on start menu / toolbar in the OS so we can manage links via the OS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accent Colours

The Accent Colour is in all versions of Bridge up 2018
    This really helps to teach students, as they can see the at a glance which interface we are using and more importantly which folder I am accessing.
    Please may we have it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Printing from Bridge

It would be very helpful to be able to print from Bridge. Many times I have gone back to photos long after I have processed them to print them for another project. Just to do a simple function like printing I have to open the files in Photoshop, this seems to be an extra step that is unnecessary when a printing command would be so simple.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Synology Thumbnails

i would like for adobe to work with synology and there DSM software to have bridge as a plugin and allow for thumbnails withing the DSM software. so i can see my files in the web browser any ware. currently i have 16 tb of data and can see a thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Send" Capacity within Bridge to Forward an Image

I use Bridge to examine visual files to determine their "worthiness" for further processing. I wish, when keying an image, an option would be "Send" (as is found in File Explorer) where i could easily send the image to another for their review/suggestions/input.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. WMF and DSF files

Bridge needs the ability to read *.wmf and *.dsf files. Many design engineers still use these formats, so they're still viable. But as of now, we have to use a third-party program top see the files. We'd rather just have Bridge do that so we can keep the number of programs to a minimum on our computers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Double click to toggle full screen video playback

The full screen is for image only as of today. I suggest the feature for video playback as well. I expect double click the video in the preview pane would do something like toggle full screen, similar to Windows Media Player. But it does nothing as of today.
    To inspect the focus of a video file, a full screen playback is helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cannot see progress of thumbnails

Right now I cannot see the progress for thumbnail generation, in a folder of 2300 photos, it is but a guessing game when it will be done and performance will return to the app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. No "number items, items selected" text in Filmstrip view

In Bridge > Filmstrip view, if I select 7 images there is no “7 items selected” wording anywhere in the bottom bar. "x items, y selected" is available in Essentials panel but not in Filmstrip panel . If I expand the Filmstrip panel then I can see "x items, y selected" at the bottom, but by expanding the Filmstrip panel I apparently am then forced to have 2 rows and 2 columns of image files; I always prefer only 1 column. Could this be tweaked, please. (Unless I'm mistaken, previously in Filmstrip view wasn't the "x items, y selected" info…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Moving files to any parent folder by dragging files to folder path bar

Windows files explorer allows me to move files from the current sub-folder to any parent folder displayed in the folder path bar by dragging the files to the name of any parent folder displayed in the folder path bar. I need this feature in Adobe Bridge.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Metadata Batch Removal

Similar to batch automation in photoshop. Select files batch remove ALL metadata. That shouldn't be too hard, should it?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change color space

Ability to select one or more photos and convert their color space (RGB to CMYK or vice versa).

This would dramatically speed up my workflow and is currently something I have to do one picture at a time in Photoshop before dropping them in InDesign for print.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keyword filtering results that contains ALL keywords selected rather than ANY Keyword selected.

Hello,

This might already exists since it seems like such an obvious feature (also appears in other Adobe products e.g Lightroom) but it is the ability to filter files by multiple keywords with the results only showing result that contain all the keywords selected not just if they contain any of the selected keywords.

For example I have photos of different athletic events eg track; high jump; triple jump; discus etc. these also have the keywords for the country they represent such as USA; GBR; BRA; RUS.

What happens right now when I select the keywords "High jump" and "GBR"…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show brushes and patterns as pictures

warum kann ich meine Presets nicht als Bild/Grafik in Bridge sehen und verwalten? Das wäre doch naheliegend und sinnvoll!
    Danke

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I don't want to connect my laptop to the internet when working remotely. Why do Abode insist on verification when not connected.!!!

Why do we have to verify subscription on laptops used in the field? It makes impossible to use this program. Any suggestions/settings I can remove this request?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. When trying to move raw files in a bridge folder to another folder it moves the jpeg file as well

When ever I try to select and try to move multiple RAW files from a folder in bridge to a new folder, it moves the jpeg files (not selected) and associated with the RAW files as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Showing pages of a Book file as we see in InDesign (respectively and exact pages numbers).‎

Hi
    Bridge can’t show the number of pages in a Book file respectively as we see inside ‎InDesign’s Book Panel! ‎
    View > Sort submenu’s commands are fine, but If a command were there to choose ‎and show us documents of a Book file from a Book Panel in respectively would be great.‎
    I created some new documents, then import them into the Book Panel (Call them A, ‎pages number are 190-198). They are situated before the last file (Call it B, pages number ‎are 199-209) in the Book Panel as I imported and wanted to be. But when I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow users to set the location of the Media Cache.

The default location of the Media Cache is on my C:\ drive. I do not like the C:\ drive to be used for temporary files. The constant creation and deletion of temporary files on the C:\ drive greatly increases the chances for corruption of that drive. Instead, I partition a separate drive to use for temporary things like caches and my Temp folder.

Alternatively, some people might want to put the cache on a fast SSD drive while leaving their C:\ drive as a standard spinning disk.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CACHE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base