Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. When editing "Capture Time" show all the different Date/Time fields and their contents, plus allow parsing the filename.

When I take screenshots on my phone, it does not record the capture time in the proper metadata fields. Instead, the file name includes the actual capture date and time. To make matters worse, when I use the Windows 10 File Explorer to copy the files off of the phone, it assigns the "File Creation" date & time as the time I did the copy. So, the creation times of all those screenshots must be repaired. I am sure other people have similar "sources of images" that do not set metadata or file dates properly, but do set at least…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  EDIT CAPTURE TIME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Context Menu: Rearrange "Delete" and "Duplicate" commands to prevent accidential deletion

When using the Content Panel, the user may right-click a file/folder to access commands. The context menu includes the items "Duplicate" and "Delete". The two commands are immediately adjacent which presents a risk that the user will accidental select delete when intending to duplicate.

Please reorder the context menu items in order to separate the "Delete" command from other items, especially items beginning with the same letter. For example, place the "Delete" command at the absolute bottom of the context menu with a horizontal rule above it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for 3rd party cloud folders

Support for browsing assets on 3rd party cloud [only (non-synced)] storage eg. Box, Dropbox, iCloud drive, Google drive, one drive, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LIBRARY PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Creative Cloud Files/Libraries/Published refinement

I saw a feature that said libraries was a new feature in Bridge and thinking that Bridge is the tool that, "gives you centralized access to all the files and assets you need for your creative projects," I was a little disappointed that it still doesn't seem to help with the clarify between files / libraries and published files on Creative cloud and seems to be very Photoshop and Illustrator focused rather than 'files and assets for creative projects' focused. * there are Adobe creative tools that are not Photoshop and Illustrator... just sayin.

Bridge should have a the ability…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Broaden Criteria in "Find" Dialogue

In the "Find" dialogue there are many omissions in the selectable criteria.
    For example one can search for "Altitude" but not "City".
    A further notable omission is that it is not possible to search for "Author" (or "Creator") even though images can be filtered by "Author".
    This renders it impossible to create Smart Collections based on image Author.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow folders to remember window position

Allow folders to remember the window scroll position last viewed.

If you have a folder of 100's of images and drill down to view a file, leaving the folder then returning positions the window at the top again. This means scrolling down to find that file again.

Work on a project where there are multiple folders of many images and repeat this going back/forth/scrolling a few times. That's when you'd realize how nice it would be to return where you were.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Camera RAW 11.2.

Please give us back the possibilty to select the rgb colour space ourselves e.g. eci

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. What happened to ability to *work* while thumbnails were being made?

In Bridge 2018 and earlier you could have a folder with say 1,000 new photos, enter it with Bridge, and start triaging content into other folders. Can not do this in Bridge 2019! Select a range of 20 photos say and Bridge plain locks up. Bridge has to generate all thumbnails first before you can work. It's an massive interruption to work flow. Consequently, I only work in Bridge 2018.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Remove image from any selected collection, rathen than current collection

In Bridge an image can be in multiple Collections but there is no way to see which collections an image is in. Also there is no way to remove an image from a collections unless you already know what collection it is in, and you have to open that collection first.

I would Bridge Collections to have the equivalent Remove from Album feature from Photoshop Elements Organizer, where I can right click an image, and select Remove from Album and then select from the albums that contain that image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add search text entry to main menu

It would be nice to search the bridge library without having to use Control - F. Maybe there should be an option to search locally OR search adobe stock.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Run .bat files from Bridge

This is a basic one. I have a .bat file that I use to copy images from a database, and it'd be nice if I could run it directly from Bridge.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Load pictures

When I have to load pictures with the download tool, I have to fill in the date and copy every time ... so it has not been before ... there is some checkbox if something else I can do to get back as it was before

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow AND link for keywords in the filter panel

I want to use keywords to find specific images fast and regularly, so using the find dialog and filling out all dropdowns is too slow. I also have a lot of keywords and often want to search for different combinations, so using a smart collection does not help. I want to narrow down my selection of images and therefore need an option to use logical AND when selecting multiple keywords.

I personally never need the default OR link and don't care about where this option will be presented. Possible are the panel menu at the top right of the panel,…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow for delimiters in shoot date for sub-folder names during upload from camera

When I upload from memory card, I use Bridge as my program of choice but I notice that delimiters (hyphen or underscores) aren't an option when creating folders by shoot date. When I connect my camera, I use my camera's software, which allows for delimiters. With it, I can choose to have delimiters for both the folder and filenames, neither, or one and not the other. I prefer delimiters for folder names but not for filenames.

Example: 2018-11-25 vs 20181125

It would be nice if I could keep the folder names consistent to my preference and not have to manually…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Number of photos associated with a keyword

Lightroom shows the number of photos that contain a keyword along with an arrow that, when clicked, creates a filter and displays the relevant keywords. I would love it if I could do the same thing in Bridge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 请增加“依据颜色筛选图片”的功能

请增加“依据颜色筛选图片”的功能,可以根据用户在色环上选择的一种或几种颜色来过滤出拥有相近颜色的图片。色彩筛选也是图片管理的一个重要属性,同样能够大幅的提升筛选效率,请考虑添加这个功能。
    有一款叫做Eagle的图片管理软件在这方面做得不错,贵公司可以参考下。(https://cn.eagle.cool/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Browse and preview pictures on removable media

It looks like browsing and previewing pictures on removable media is not supported in any meaningful way.

I am able to see folder structure and file names. I cannot see thumbnails or metadata. In the context menu for a file, the "Open" and "Reveal in Explorer" options simply don't do anything.

I have tested this with an Android 9 device in MTP and PTP modes. I also tested with a plain old USB flash drive.

No matter how slow it may be, I want Bridge to fetch thumbnails for all my photos and browse them before downloading or deleting any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Smarter and more customisable thumbnail details, for a smoother workflow

The layout and format of the details that appear under the thumbnails could do with some improvement, to reduce interface friction and increase workflow.

Please see the attached screenshot (also at http://bit.ly/2Hrh00Z ). On the left is the current layout. It's dense and unnecessarily hard for the eye to parse quickly. On the rightis a mockup of how that same data could be laid out and formatted.

Below is a list of my proposed changes. Many of these could/should be optional (set in the preferences) so each user can adjust her UI as she needs. And of course there would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base