Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More colour labels

Pleas add more colour option or the ability to make custom colours for labels in Bridge. There are currently only 5, which when working at a large scale or with big teams is not enough!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please KEEP Debayers

I open an image full-screen and zoom in to 100% mode. I wait literally 2 minutes [we'll chalk that part up to my computer being quite old] for it to de-pixelate even though I have "Generate Full Screen Previews" turned on and I've waited for Bridge to stop saying "Generating Previews."

I go to the next image and wait through the process again. Then I decide I want to compare the two, so I go back to the first image ... *and have to start the whole process over*.

Why, you know, IN THE WORLD? Why weren't the full screen…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Permit separate operations, in Multiple windows simultaneously

I would love to be able to do separate operations, in Multiple windows, simultaneously
    !
    Br could then be building its thumbnails from a particular Folder in one window; while I could carry on processing images from a separate Folder in ACR while those thumbnails are being built.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Need separate Work-in-Progress Indicator

I feel that a separate Work-in-Progress Indicator (distinct from the Spinning Pizza) is needed for those times when Bridge is actually working on something (such as writing Keywords) instead of having frozen completely.

At the moment, there is no indication that Bridge is doing anything at all while the Pizza keeps spinning and the Dock merely indicates that there is an option to Force Quit.

So we need a different Bridge-governed indicator and the Pizza should then only appear if Bridge has actually frozen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bridge 2019 is painfully slow

Even after file previews are generated and cached Bridge is now painfully slow. Scrolling is slow, interacting with files is slow, browsing folders is slow. Sometimes the program will lock up for up to a minute. It's bad on both my respectable spec'ed AMD Ryzen work PC (quadcore-16gb ram), and it's slow on my monster spec home PC (intel 9900k-16gb ram).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sharpness in full-view preview

Recently we experienced that full screen mode in Bridge is less sharp than the same preview in Irfanview. Any possible reason for that ? Can it be fixed in any way ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. CR crashes PC

By processing pictures in CR the PC crashes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. histogram

Could we see HISTOGRAM in Adobe Bridge? It's very important for photographers. (I know Adobe is more suited for Designers and they don't need it...)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Develop Tab in Esentials Panel

In the Essentials workspace add a tabbed 'Develop' panel before the Metadata and Keyword tabs. This 'Develop' panel would have the the following parameters from ACR:-

-White Balance
    - Exposure
    - Contrast
    - Highlights
    - Shadows
    - Whites
    - Blacks

This would enable quick evaluation of a shots immediately after an upload of a shoot. Ideally, such a 'Develop' panel would include some sort of focus mask, as in Capture One Pro. The ability to cop and paste develop settings would also be a time saver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. preview is small

For some reason, the preview on my MS Surface Pro 2 is just a small thumbnail. I have found no way to get it to fill the preview window (as it does on my desktop).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. indexing

Automatic indexing of folders...
    Search is useless in its current form- need to manually open folder in bridge for its contents to be searchable. Please fix this, long overdue.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. macOSのFinderタグをBridge上で透過的に扱いたい

Finderにタグという機能がある。これも同じようにファイルの整理に便利に使える。問題はFinderとBridgeいずれかでラベルをつけた場合、もう一方ではそれが分からないという事。自分自身で操作する場合も、誰か他の人と共同作業する場合も、macOS上のタグを透過して見られると同じ作業を繰り返さなくても良いのでとても助かる。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Moving files results in total error

Whenever I want to move or even copy files within my Dropbox folders while Dropbox is active Bridge will display me an error saying "File could not be moved/copied because the file doesn't exist anymore." Which is not true. File is still there.

On top of it it will display this notification to me for every single file. So if I want to copy or move 600 photos it shows me 600 notifications which I would have to click "OK" on to get rid of.

Forces me to quit the whole program via Task Manager instead.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 恢復舊版檢視狀態

新版檢視狀態下, 見不到檔名, 即時修改檔名; adobe其他原生檔案預視消失, 很不方便
    現在檢視速度很慢
    舊版非常好用請恢復, 謝謝

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Search inside After Effects Projects (.aep files) for Composition names

It would be great if the Bridge Search could bring back results that include the names of Compositions inside of an After Effects project file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Filter keyword list as you type in the keyword search box

When Typing a keyword (for example, “Sky”) into the search box at the bottom of the keyword panel (using "contains" as a search parameter), there are probably more than 1 keywords that contain that text string, but the entire list still displays; so if you have a long list, often times the highlighted items are far away from each other in the list and they won’t show up in the panel together. Example: I have several pre-defined keywords in the list... all containing the string “Sky". But I am searching for just "Sky" so I can apply it to a…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. desktop shortcut and direct bookmarks

desktop shortcut and direct bookmarks within file browser and on start menu / toolbar in the OS so we can manage links via the OS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Accent Colours

The Accent Colour is in all versions of Bridge up 2018
    This really helps to teach students, as they can see the at a glance which interface we are using and more importantly which folder I am accessing.
    Please may we have it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Printing from Bridge

It would be very helpful to be able to print from Bridge. Many times I have gone back to photos long after I have processed them to print them for another project. Just to do a simple function like printing I have to open the files in Photoshop, this seems to be an extra step that is unnecessary when a printing command would be so simple.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Synology Thumbnails

i would like for adobe to work with synology and there DSM software to have bridge as a plugin and allow for thumbnails withing the DSM software. so i can see my files in the web browser any ware. currently i have 16 tb of data and can see a thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base