Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gewisse Dateien in Bridge ausblenden

Es wäre sinnvoll wenn man in der Ansicht gewisse Dateien Ausblenden könnte. zB. AAE Dateien. Diese werden in LR ja auch nicht angezeigt. Wieso werden diese in Bridge angezeigt?.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Maps

Please, there should be the option, to display the GPS in a map (alternativly with my own map-account) for fast orientation without changing applikation.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Multiple display options for GPS Data

There should be multiple display options (and thus conversion possibilities) for the GPS data in metadata, according to the most common geographical notations.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Copy and Paste Metadata between images

I think the implementation of metadata on Bridge is pretty good, but it would be a much more powerful feature for me if I could cut and paste the metadata from one file to another. I understand that I can use templates and apply them to a large group of photos using the append metadata option from the dropdown menu, but I don't want to be constantly clearing out old templates from the list to keep it manageable. Instead, I use one template that I edit and re-use for these purposes, but if I've changed it since working on a…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Collection Sets

Could we have the feature to put Collections into folders (Sets and subsets) avoiding lengthy lists of Collections.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Image Backdrop-need pure white tone

Image backdrop needs to be a user defined tone as previous versions allowed. Pure white is definitely needed to double check images that are required to have a 255 255 255 background. Had to revert to 2018 version.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add displaying labels from system

Please add displaying labels, wich are set in macOS. Or better, synchronize the colored labels from Bridge with the colored labels from macOS in both directions. This behavior also could be costumized in settings.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Do not erase broken (network-) volume links of favorites without feedback

Sometimes favorites are not reachable because of disconnection of (network-) volumes. These should not be longer erased if they are klicked. In most cases the disconnection is temporarily, so the function of favorites is not canceled in most cases.
    Optionally, it should be possible to set in the settings whether, if a favorite is not available, only a warning should appear, if a dialog should be displayed for deletion or if the favorite is automatically deleted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Open with…" option

I would like to request the addition of an "Open with…" whereby I can open a RAW file (say a NEF) in another Raw converter and do the develop / process in this app. Then save say in TIFF and return to the Adobe environment, to continue work on this externally converted file.

In the case of a NEF I would (in an ideal world) "Open with…" Nikon ViewNXi/ Capture NX-D, do the Raw conversion, then export a TIFF back to Lightroom/ Bridge.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Raws from Bridge to Photoshop no longer group

When opening multiple raw files (NEF) in photoshop from bridge they no longer group into raw tool and instead open sequential instances. Hope this is a bug not a feature!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cut/Paste

Previously, you could Command-X on Mac to cut, and it appears that now the ability to cut has been taken away; under File, it just shows as greyed out when I have images selected.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Status Bar in Bridge

Hello, I wanted to report a functionality that was lost with the last update this month. It's about the lower status bar which has been eliminated, preventing that the information about file count, selected and size can be completely visualized. In my case, I use the content panel at the minimum size to be able to see the preview of the image as large as possible, with which I lose the information of the files as the status bar is no longer there. I hope you can find a solution because it is something important in the bridge workflow.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. List of things to improve Bridge

1. Improve performance - I work with 60mb raw files (5dsR) and the generation of full size previews is painfully slow.
    2. Bring back the preview generation counter (as above it would be nice to know if preview generation is a coffee or lunch wait)
    3 Bring back white background options as per 2018
    4 Bring back HTML web galleries
    5 Allow HSL be painted by adjustment brush
    6 I have yet to make HDR Panorama work (even with -2 0 +2 bracketing) with shift lens. Panorama works perfectly.
    7 Fix CC colour sync
    8 Put back "labels" the way…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Output contact sheets with e.g. description

Give us more Information on PDFs. An optional second text line with description or title or other iptc information

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF OUTPUT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please Undo Some "Improvements" to Bridge 2019

1) Where's my true black background? For as long as I've worked with Adobe products I've kept my workspace backgrounds as close to black as possible. Bridge 2018 accommodated me. Bridge 2019 does not: nearest I can get to black is an insipid and annoyingly bright neutral gray. Please restore my option to work against true black.

2) Please make star ratings optional. I do not use star ratings and when stars were much smaller I could ignore them. Now they take up a good chunk of real estate beneath my image, making information I do choose to show hard…

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Old Label visuals much better than new 'dot' feature

Wondered if there is a way to make the labels in Bridge CC 2019 more pronounced like in the previous version vs the tiny dots they are now? Preferences does not seem to offer this option. I much prefer the old labels that were easier to better illustrate my workflow (approved, review, work on, etc.) at a glance. These tiny dots require more attention to determine what I am looking at.

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A workable file/image sharing infrastructure for local networks (small teams)

Problem:
    Small teams working in local networks share tons of files with each others.
    Its always a pain to use Bridge to find the files, tags, previews, comments, ratings and everything else that makes Bridge such a good thing.

The usual trick is to have local cache (in each folder), but then everyone on the team has to re-search the shared folders manually and frequently, to discover updated files, tags, ratings, etc.
    Sometimes its slow, other times the files are locked, other times the sharer clears its cache.

It can become painful when the volume of assets at play goes…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Revert the coloured labelling dot back to a visible line!

On previous versions of Bridge, the label was a highly visible coloured line under the image. On Bridge 2019, they have changed the label to an inconspicuous and highly missable small coloured dot.

Please revert back to the old line, or give us the option on how the label should look.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ADD THE ABILITY TO HAVE TABS

Please add the ability to have tabs like the "Finder" windows have. I would never use Finder again if Adobe Bridge had tabs! Please and thank you!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base