Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adobe Bridge CC 2019 - Syncing Issues

It's buggy. I'm trying to mass edit a large amount of photos. When I click select all and try to choose a preset to apply to all of the images it won't work. It only applies the preset to one image. Also when I try to sync the image edits it will not let me sync the treatment and profile settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. filr ren

After labeling files , i renamed the entire folder. ones it renamed, all the labels have disappeared

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Preview with camera setting

Can I please get a switch so that I can preview the RAW files in the camera settings and not the Bridge defaults? I would like to see my black and white files in black and white i preview. Veliva should come up as velvia. I know the RAW files have a camera setting information and I have seen other RAW converters do it so I know it is possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Good day! My camera raw presets are not displayed in the develop module settings. Tell me how to fix it? I can't use my presets while workin

Good day! My camera raw presets are not displayed in the develop module settings. Tell me how to fix it? I can't use my presets while working with the program.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Move information from bottom of Content Panel back to bottom of Bridge window. (Revert back to how Bridge 2018 did this).

In the "Preview" workspace, the VITAL information on the bottom of the Content panel is lost. In Bridge 2018, this was permanently along the bottom of the Bridge program window. Now that it's INSIDE the Content panel, the file number count, etc, is lost because the Content panel is too narrow to display it. C'mon. Why move it? It was perfect where it was! Or at the very least, make the file count stay, and the thumbnail size slider disappear.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Show filesize of folders too

There seems to be no way to see the size of a folder from within Bridge. The only way seems to be to exit Bridge and use File Explorer (right-click>properties), which is obviously far from an ideal workflow. (Or else double click a folder and hit ctrl-A....but this becomes prohibitively time-consuming for folders with many subfolders)

Bridge's inability to show how much space a folder and its contents take up seems a strange oversight. If routinely scanning and calculating the filesize of folders would take a lot of extra CPU/SSD resources, then it could be an opt-in feature in the…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keyword filtering results that contains ALL keywords selected rather than ANY Keyword selected.

Hello,

This might already exists since it seems like such an obvious feature (also appears in other Adobe products e.g Lightroom) but it is the ability to filter files by multiple keywords with the results only showing result that contain all the keywords selected not just if they contain any of the selected keywords.

For example I have photos of different athletic events eg track; high jump; triple jump; discus etc. these also have the keywords for the country they represent such as USA; GBR; BRA; RUS.

What happens right now when I select the keywords "High jump" and "GBR"…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Backup settings

I would like to be able to backup all my collections and other definitions with a menu option. If I re-install Bridge (and my machine needs re-installing every few months thanks to the magic of many weird things like device drivers etc) I would like to know I can restore all my Bridge configuration settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Creation of documents

I would love it if Bridge had a right click=>create document=>InDesign etc facility. I would love it Bridge could be enhanced to the point where it could be used as a complete replacement for Window's File Explorer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. File info Panel

If possible I would like to see the description column in the basic part larger. Have 20 to 30 lines off text to enter, where it is impossible to view what has been written. Bridge 2017 let me expand the panel to see all lines.
    In my movies library, text is written inside the info panel.

Here is an example of what I mean

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Custom Folder Icons

One of the only things I like about Macs is the relative ease of customizing the icons for folders. But the problem is that if there are Macs and PCs on the same network, the same icons aren't visible on both.
    I would love if Bridge would allow you to
    a) Change those icons from within Bridge itself. (Shouldn't need to go to Finder, then File Info, etc.).
    b) Allow Bridge on a PC to see those same Folder Icons. The hidden "Icon?" file is in each folder. Use it. Show it. Make Bridge be more than a bridge for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Crashes while renaming files

Bridge9.1 Renaming files takes very long, then it crashes while giving files the new name. Giving files a new name for a second time is absolute impossible, i have to change in bridge 2018, then all this things work great without any problem.
    system MacOS10.14.6

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CRASH  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add support for Cr3 files in file type associations

The new Canon Camera Raw format .cr3 is not in the Adobe Bridge file type association

When selecting a batch of .cr3 files, press Enter and Photoshop will not be processed in batches like .cr2

Refer https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2566441 for original request

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ADD THE ABILITY TO HAVE TABS

Please add the ability to have tabs like the "Finder" windows have. I would never use Finder again if Adobe Bridge had tabs! Please and thank you!

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. auto preview latest file

Many versions ago, Bridge had a functional auto preview latest file script. For those shooting tethered, a working script that shows the lastest image shot in the preview window would be of great benefit.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  SCRIPTING  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add "Date Added" to sort options

Please add the option of sorting a window by Date Added. This will allow finding the newest additions to a folder regardless of Date Captured or Date Modified.
    MacOS added this option to Finder sorting a few years ago.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show number of photos in each folder

Please add ability see number of photos in each folder (similar to Aperture)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow AND link for keywords in the filter panel

I want to use keywords to find specific images fast and regularly, so using the find dialog and filling out all dropdowns is too slow. I also have a lot of keywords and often want to search for different combinations, so using a smart collection does not help. I want to narrow down my selection of images and therefore need an option to use logical AND when selecting multiple keywords.

I personally never need the default OR link and don't care about where this option will be presented. Possible are the panel menu at the top right of the panel,…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILTER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. List of things to improve Bridge

1. Improve performance - I work with 60mb raw files (5dsR) and the generation of full size previews is painfully slow.

2. Bring back the preview generation counter (as above it would be nice to know if preview generation is a coffee or lunch wait)
      3 Bring back white background options as per 2018
      4 Bring back HTML web galleries
      5 Allow HSL be painted by adjustment brush
      6 I have yet to make HDR Panorama work (even with -2 0 +2 bracketing) with shift lens. Panorama works perfectly.
      7 Fix CC colour sync
      8 Put back "labels" the way they were…
    15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Tweak_option in regular rename not offered in Advanced rename

a tweak actually, option in regular not in Advanced Rename- option YYYYMMMDD missing.
    I cannot find my file naming nirvana style yet- but I like YYYYMMMDD (PSST, THE MONTH IS SPELLED OUT), then I thought I would add the camera's original name.

Because of so many transfers, reloads, copies- I thought this might help identify duplicates better.
    In the Advanced Rename box, I almost got what I wanted. It's a little thing: but I like to see the Month spelled out and then date instead a bunch of numbers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base