Skip to content

Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

54 results found

1. Where are the NEW Keyboard Shortcuts?

Adobe applications allow you to modify and unify keyboard commands, but BRIDGE 2023 does not allow you to modify keyboard shortcuts.

Why do you change the Keyboard Shortcuts and do not explain to your users which ones have changed and which are the new ones?

For example. When I view a slideshow with the rest of the panels in the workspace and I only want to see all the thumbnails of the photos on my screen, you press the "TAB" key and you see all the slides in full screen and the rest of the panels disappear, a simple hit…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge 2024 (Version 14.0.0.102).

In this release, our team has successfully introduced the much-requested Multi-Window feature, Keyboard Shortcut customisation, Compress/Extract capability along with other enhancements.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,

Bridge Team

2. >Bring back " Open New window" For god sake!!!!

Bring back New window to Bridge!!!

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

In this release, our team has successfully introduced the much-requested Multi-Window feature, Keyboard Shortcut customisation, Compress/Extract capability along with other enhancements.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,

Bridge Team

3. >Bring back " Open New window" For god sake!!!!

Bring back New window to Bridge!!!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

4. Do not lock all actions during a copy in version 13

I have been told that multiple copies are no longer possible...
    This drastically slows my workflow as I have to wait for any copying to be completed before using Bridge again.
    This also means I cannot leave the program copying to two places as I normally would in version 12.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

5. Multiple Windows with keyboard shortcuts

I can't stress enough the importance of being able to use multiple windows in Bridge. I often manage several projects at the same time, and having the ability to toggle between them quickly with keyboard shortcuts (command + `) or closing windows (command + w) when I've wrapped a project is a big part of my workflow. It's so intuitive and such a fundamental way of working in nearly every program, I just don't understand why this ability would be eliminated. I'll be heading back to the last version of Bridge until this is fixed. I'm all about new versions,…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

6. Restore multiple Windows/Instances!! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

OMG!! Whomever's idea it was to eliminate having multiple windows is clearly not a retoucher and I dare say, doesn't use Photoshop or Bridge at all... certainly not on a professional level. I'm a photographer and often work on multiple projects at once... I also like to reopen old projects and mess around with old images for fun.

I need to be able to have multiple instances open at once so I can visually keep track of what I'm working on. There will never be a world where multiple content tabs will be more ideal.

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

7. Bring Multiple window and tab shortcut back

Opening new windows and navigate through them it's crucial for busy workflows! or if you want to keep it into tabs, fine (even though not ideal) but at least give us the option of navigate via tab shortcut through them. We hate clicking each and every thing!
    Interface it's either too dark or two bright...or a mixed of the two! please revert back!
    Double clicking on folders does not work all the time, instead of opening the folder you end up renaming it, so annoying.
    Preview does not show always appropriate colour, it seems like it can't read the colour…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

8. Restore the multiple windows options

In this updated V13 of Adobe Bridge, we are not able to have multiple windows. This is really needed when working on multiple projects. It is very difficult without that.

68 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

9. Please reinstate "new window" dropdown in "file " in 2023

in 2022 Bridge one can go to : file, drop down to : new window

So simple, so easy for my wedding editing workflow. "Content pages" may be fine, but a huge amount of work when dealing with upwards to 1200 images all categorized in sub-folders. PLEASE It is so easy to have two main windows open... Far too complicated to explain further. CALL ME!
    Reinstalled 2022 just now 2023 is out for the time being

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

10. So many shortcuts broken!

Ctrl + N no longer makes a new window (content tabs do not replace this function)
    No KB shortcut for new content tab from existing folder (default folder choice is very limited)
    Ctrl+scroll wheel no longer sizes icons
    Back and forward mouse buttons no longer navigate folders
    JPEG and RAW now copy together with no apparent option to alter behaviour

New features are nice but not when they cripple existing workflows!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

11. bridge

Not possible to "open New Window" on Bridge 2023

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

12. Restore multiple windows!

Bridge 2023 was installed today, and at first, I was pleased with the new multiple tabs idea, but it doesn't work for my workflow. I have up to six instances of Bridge open at any one time, across two monitors, to compare the contents of folders in a relatively complex version control process. So, I closed the extra tabs and went to open my new windows and was stunned to find I no longer could.

This is a really major headache for me. I'm currently feeling quite sick at the thought of how much this has upset my workflow. Undocking…

91 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

13. New tab as in a web browser, please

Manage tabs, like in a web browser… Please !

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

14. zipping/unzipping

Hello, everyone!

If Adobe Bridge will have in the future an option to ZIP/UNZIP files, basically it can replace successfully all Windows Explorers or Commanders.
    Also consider FTP connections for file transfer, or integration with Cloud Transfers, as Adobe Cloud, We Transfer, Dropbox.

Chhers!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

15. Add ARM version for support Apple Silicon M1 Mac

I know that it takes a lot of effort to recompile and release the entire "Bridge" to the ARM version,
    But I really hope that the Intel version of "Bridge" can at least open the ARM version of "Camera Raw"

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

16. undock windows

Undocking Windows an safe the view

It would be so helpful if we could dock and undock the windows like in all other Adobe App that work with Video and Pictures .
    Premiere Pro , Photoshop, After effects .

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

17. Multiple content tabs

Often working within a workflow environment where project files are saved in various folders (eg. by topic or production status); it would be very helpful to be to have multiple content tabs.

This would allow users to view folder contents and preview multiple files (side by side) from various folder locations simultaneously. Or even just to switch between multiple content tabs from different locations – rather than navigating back and forth.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FOLDER PANEL  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

18. .jpg and .jpeg file extension inconsistency

Using the Bridge 2020 Export panel to export images as JPEG files produces files with .jpeg extension whereas using the Photoshop Image Processor produces files with .jpg extensions. This is inconsistent behaviour. Could we have the choice of which extesion we would like please?

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

19. Customize Keysettings

There should be an option to customize the shortcuts on the keyboard like in the other Adobe Programs. The main reason for me is actually "cmd + z". Elsewhere you're going one step backwards but in Bridge its changing the Viewport.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  PREFERENCES  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

20. Save/Update workspace

The ability to modify and save the current workspace would be very useful. At the moment the current workspace can be modified but not saved under the same workspace name, it has to be saved under a new name and then the old name deleted.

E.g. I have a "Photography" workspace. If I want to change it I cannot resave it as "Photography", I save it as "Photography1" and then delete "Photography". Then, I cannot rename "Photography1" as "Photography".

Once the old "Photography" has been deleted I can then load "Phorography1", save it as "Photography" and then delete "Photography1".

Eventually,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base