Skip to content

Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

54 results found

1. Compact Bridge On Idle - Blue Popup

Compact Bridge On Idle
    Klaus5F8D
    Explorer , Apr 25, 2023

Hello,

this is in hopes to be forwarded to the Adobe Team.

Regarding Bridge / Preferrences / Cache settings. Bridge 13.03.693

It is recommended to have "Compact Cache On Idle" checked, but when doing so one is

constantly bombarded with the blue pop up, asking if you want to do so.

Wouldn't it make more sense not to be bothered by something that supposed to take care of

something automatically?

Can this pop up please be illiminated ... it is not necessary and has no purpose.

I'm writing this after…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge 2024 (Version 14.0.0.102).

In this release, our team has successfully introduced the much-requested Multi-Window feature, Keyboard Shortcut customisation, Compress/Extract capability along with other enhancements.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,

Bridge Team

2. Restore Open new Window

Bridge 13 is 100% useless to me without the decades old Open New Window function - ⌘N.

I can't imagine who one earth thought removing that was a good idea. Tabs are an OK addition, but Tabs does not replace new window. Thousands of loyal users have Open New Window in their workflows. There is no reasonable reason to remove that function.

There are hundreds of logged bug reports and feature requests to restore Open New Window. Not yet restoring ⌘N (as of 13.03) feels very much like whomever at Adobe is in charge of deciding everything is intent on…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

In this release, our team has successfully introduced the much-requested Multi-Window feature, Keyboard Shortcut customisation, Compress/Extract capability along with other enhancements.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,

Bridge Team

3. moving files window prevents multi-tasking or moving other files from multiple memory cards at once

Hello, one thing I liked from previous versions is the ability to still browse, move other folders, WHILE moving a folder to another location. I installed the latest version and am really struggling. I went to move a folder and I couldn't click out of the moving files window until it finished 5 minutes later. That's 5 minutes I could have spent moving files off other memory cards. Please bring back the ability to multi task while moving files. This is a big issue for the line of work I do.

"moving files window prevents multi-tasking or moving other files…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

4. "Go Back" keyboard shortcut would be amazing!

I'm constantly going in and out of folders within Bridge. Most of the time I go into a folder i go right back out one level. But sadly I have to click the tiny go back icon in tools. It would be amazing to have a keyboard short cut for this icon. I could then add it to my wacom pen button and I wouldn't even have to move an inch. 90% of my work flow uses keyboard short cuts, having one for such a large navigational button would be huge!

THx
    Brandon

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

5. Looking for a comment from Adobe on restoring Bridge Windows

Many users have begged to restore multiple windows in Bridge. Is this in the works? PLEASE!! I've used it 8-10hr a day since it came out and still find it unintuitive to try to operate multiple separate panels from one window. This has slowed me down considerably and so is costing me money. PLEASE ADOBE, GIVE AN UPDATED STATUS ON THIS.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

6. Allow working while folders are moving or copying

Moving and copying a folder halts the programm until the transfer is complete. Please fix to allow work to continue and transferring to happen in the background.
    On previous versions of Bridge I could move multiple folders at once and edit simultaneously. Now I need to wait for a single transfer to finish, it is unecessarily slow and needs to change please

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

7. Restore the File > New Window feature in Bridge please

In a recent release of Bridge the New Window feature allowing to open multiple
    Bridge window was removed and replaced with multiple Content tabs.

This is a very bad idea, and does not do the same as the multiple window feature did, I used to have several windows open (with all it's folders and filmstrip and preview panels) and use it to organize folders and files. The fact that this very useful feature was removed severely hampers my entire workflow as a professional photographer.

I have been paying for Adobe Creative Suite for many many years and though bugs and…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

8. Please urgently restore multiple windows in Bridge!

Turns out I must have difficulties with short term memory of multiple images when moving files around! I am very visual in my workflow and really need to actually see the window I have moved an image from AND the window I have moved it to, with the names of the Folders etc in each Bridge Window. Whoever designed this New Content Tab arrangement must have a good visual memory...or maybe does not work with multiple images. As an artist/ illustrator I do....and for the life of me I keep getting lost with this new arrangement! Please give us back…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

9. Opening Multiple Windows has vanished....why?

I'm one of hundreds, if not thousands of Bridge users who were shocked when the File>Open New Window feature had been removed with the latest version 13.02.636
    Please restore this feature. Also it would be nice if someone from Adobe would acknowledge the amount of dissatisfaction shown here and also on the community forum about the removal of this legacy feature and reassure us that it will be reinstated on the next update.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FOLDER PANEL  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

10. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE would you restore the 'open in a new window' facility. I am deeply unimpressed with your new tab system.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE would you restore the 'open in a new window' facility. I am deeply unimpressed with your new tab system.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

11. Multiple windows, panel selection

Restore multiple windows. Having multiple "content" panels does not serve the same purpose. Switching between the content panels is vastly annoying in comparison to switching between multiple Bride windows.

Panel selection...

(tldr: panels become "selected" when clicking on them and it loses your place in the other panel as well as using arrow keys after making a selection moves through the new panel rather than the content panel)

In previous versions of Bridge, when I would select a filter in the filter panel, the image I had selected in the content panel would remain highlighted and I could continue to…

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

12. Return individual windows to Bridge 2023

I need to control individual windows like I could in 2022. What I'm doing has too many individual requirements to keep going back to the main window and trying to organize a panel - plus after using it and trying to adapt, I am simply much less efficient that I was. I see how it works, I just dislike it intensely.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

13. Please would you put back 'Open in New Window' back into Bridge. The new tabs idea is RUBBISH!

Please just bring back the 'open in new window' functionality. Before you took it away (why would you do that???!!!), I used it all the time

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

14. Bridge 2023

So many bugs need fixing.
    - Resetting saved workspace takes you back to the file you were in when you saved the workspace
    - New content tabs keep reverting back from descending to ascending order.
    - Can't keep browsing files while I copy anything
    - can't copy files into the same folder like you used to be able to make extra copies
    There is no other versions of Bridge that I can get working in IOS Monteray so essentially I'm paying a subscription for a useless product!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

15. Bring back the ability to open more than one bridge window in windows 11

Bridge had the ability to open more than one instance of the software. that was a basic and extremely essential feature of an image browser that Adobe doesn't provide anymore which forces me to look for alternatives to the adobe software although I'm paying for this. I find Adobe to be very disappointing recently.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

16. Restore Multiple Windows

As per previous posts... why on earth have you removed the Open New Window feature on the Bridge 2023 update which has been part of Bridge forever.
    I won't go on about it here because we have a post on the Adobe community forum where several people have made their feelings aware. Please visit the forum to see under teh heading
    Two windows open in Bridge Oct. 2022 update?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/two-windows-open-in-bridge-oct-2022-update/m-p/13314731#M37522

Please fix this ASAP. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

17. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FOLDER PANEL  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

18. REMOVE the warning dialog box that says "Recommended to keep your cache optimized."

The big bright blue info box that says, "Recommended to keep your cache optimized." pops up on my screen all the time. And even when I have Chrome or other program open on my computer, that screen stays open and on top of them until I click it off. This is ridiculous, lol. I've switched back to the previous version until it's removed, I can't handle it.
    Also, just allow me to turn this off all together.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

19. New Window function in Bridge

Wow, what a bad update! Please bring back the New Window feature!

Photographers who need to compare images in multiple folders, or more specifically, move images inbetween folders need the old version back.

I used to be able to drag and drop images from one bridge window, and place them exactly where they were now needed to go. Then rename.....

For some reason Adobe has taken this crital functionality away.
    Please fix this otherwise we will be forced to go back to version 2022

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

20. RESTORE NEW WINDOWS...

I know this was said already, but I can't stress this enough. New windows are necessary for my workflow. The multiple tabs don't cut it. I need to be able to do different processes in different windows. Even copying files to bridge now takes up the entire program, and I can't go through other files to label while that process is happening. New windows has to be restored. Ctl+N. PLEASE!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Regards,

Bridge Team

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base