Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show brushes and patterns as pictures

warum kann ich meine Presets nicht als Bild/Grafik in Bridge sehen und verwalten? Das wäre doch naheliegend und sinnvoll!
    Danke

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search inside After Effects Projects (.aep files) for Composition names

It would be great if the Bridge Search could bring back results that include the names of Compositions inside of an After Effects project file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Number of photos associated with a keyword

Lightroom shows the number of photos that contain a keyword along with an arrow that, when clicked, creates a filter and displays the relevant keywords. I would love it if I could do the same thing in Bridge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add Dark Mode / Leave Color Labels as previous versions (or give user the option)

Please add Dark Mode / Leave Color Labels as previous versions (or give user the option)

Can you please leave Color Labels as before? Although it is now consistent with the latest version of MAC OS (Color dots), I really miss the way you could easily see files labeled with the color bar. It is just much easier to spot what you are looking for. Also, Dark Mode would be nice and consistent with some of your other apps like Illustrator and Photoshop 2019. I really don't understand the lack of consistency here... It would be nice to be able…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Smarter and more customisable thumbnail details, for a smoother workflow

The layout and format of the details that appear under the thumbnails could do with some improvement, to reduce interface friction and increase workflow.

Please see the attached screenshot (also at http://bit.ly/2Hrh00Z ). On the left is the current layout. It's dense and unnecessarily hard for the eye to parse quickly. On the rightis a mockup of how that same data could be laid out and formatted.

Below is a list of my proposed changes. Many of these could/should be optional (set in the preferences) so each user can adjust her UI as she needs. And of course there would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Accent Colours

The Accent Colour is in all versions of Bridge up 2018
    This really helps to teach students, as they can see the at a glance which interface we are using and more importantly which folder I am accessing.
    Please may we have it back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Open with…" option

I would like to request the addition of an "Open with…" whereby I can open a RAW file (say a NEF) in another Raw converter and do the develop / process in this app. Then save say in TIFF and return to the Adobe environment, to continue work on this externally converted file.

In the case of a NEF I would (in an ideal world) "Open with…" Nikon ViewNXi/ Capture NX-D, do the Raw conversion, then export a TIFF back to Lightroom/ Bridge.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cut/Paste

Previously, you could Command-X on Mac to cut, and it appears that now the ability to cut has been taken away; under File, it just shows as greyed out when I have images selected.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. See PNG transparency

Be able to see transparency in PNG's and other formats with alpha capability. Right now, the background is black. Checkerboard or some other background.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Restoring of all previous opened Bridge windows like Browsers do

Like in Windows Explorer or all Browsers, it is possible to open some new windows in Bridge. But if you close Bridge and open it again, all windows would be closed but the last one. In Explorer or all Major Browsers you could set, that if you quit and Restart the App, that all previous opened windows would opened again.
    That would be great because everyday I'm working with many different Folders respectively windows.
    Thanks a lot
    Stefan

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. When editing "Capture Time" show all the different Date/Time fields and their contents, plus allow parsing the filename.

When I take screenshots on my phone, it does not record the capture time in the proper metadata fields. Instead, the file name includes the actual capture date and time. To make matters worse, when I use the Windows 10 File Explorer to copy the files off of the phone, it assigns the "File Creation" date & time as the time I did the copy. So, the creation times of all those screenshots must be repaired. I am sure other people have similar "sources of images" that do not set metadata or file dates properly, but do set at least…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  EDIT CAPTURE TIME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. "Send" Capacity within Bridge to Forward an Image

I use Bridge to examine visual files to determine their "worthiness" for further processing. I wish, when keying an image, an option would be "Send" (as is found in File Explorer) where i could easily send the image to another for their review/suggestions/input.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Batch Rename File Select option

In the batch rename dialog box, add radio buttons:

o Rename selected files
    o Rename all files in current folder

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Context Menu: Rearrange "Delete" and "Duplicate" commands to prevent accidential deletion

When using the Content Panel, the user may right-click a file/folder to access commands. The context menu includes the items "Duplicate" and "Delete". The two commands are immediately adjacent which presents a risk that the user will accidental select delete when intending to duplicate.

Please reorder the context menu items in order to separate the "Delete" command from other items, especially items beginning with the same letter. For example, place the "Delete" command at the absolute bottom of the context menu with a horizontal rule above it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. View InDesign thumbnails as spreads

Many, many iterations ago, Bridge used to give you thumbnail of the whole opening spread for an InDesign document - which was brilliant for getting a rough overview of your mag. Somewhere around the time alternate layouts was added to InD though we got switched to just the opening page which isn't nearly as helpful. Can we have the (very) old system back?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Folder dates

Can we please at least have the Date Modified and Date Created for folders on the Metadata panel? I feel like we used to have this feature before but it's gone now? It's still possible to see folder dates on the Filter panel so I know this info is available.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Double click to toggle full screen video playback

The full screen is for image only as of today. I suggest the feature for video playback as well. I expect double click the video in the preview pane would do something like toggle full screen, similar to Windows Media Player. But it does nothing as of today.
    To inspect the focus of a video file, a full screen playback is helpful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A workable file/image sharing infrastructure for local networks (small teams)

Problem:
    Small teams working in local networks share tons of files with each others.
    Its always a pain to use Bridge to find the files, tags, previews, comments, ratings and everything else that makes Bridge such a good thing.

The usual trick is to have local cache (in each folder), but then everyone on the team has to re-search the shared folders manually and frequently, to discover updated files, tags, ratings, etc.
    Sometimes its slow, other times the files are locked, other times the sharer clears its cache.

It can become painful when the volume of assets at play goes…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base