Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow user to decide which folders to show in Folders panel

Allow user to decide which folders to show in Folders panel, similar to Picasa. This would clean up the interface to show only Folders the user wishes to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  FOLDER PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show number of photos in each folder

Please add ability see number of photos in each folder (similar to Aperture)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Develop Tab in Esentials Panel

In the Essentials workspace add a tabbed 'Develop' panel before the Metadata and Keyword tabs. This 'Develop' panel would have the the following parameters from ACR:-

-White Balance

• Exposure

• Contrast

• Highlights

• Shadows

• Whites

• Blacks

This would enable quick evaluation of a shots immediately after an upload of a shoot. Ideally, such a 'Develop' panel would include some sort of focus mask, as in Capture One Pro. The ability to cop and paste develop settings would also be a time saver.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide ability to customize Keyboard Shortcuts for Menu Items, and customize the top tool bar.

I would love to be able to assign a keyboard shortcut to the menu items for Tools>Photoshop>Batch and >Image Processor. Of course with this ability I imagine lots of people will want to be able to assign keyboard shortcuts for other menu items too.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  PREFERENCES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. indexing

Automatic indexing of folders...
    Search is useless in its current form- need to manually open folder in bridge for its contents to be searchable. Please fix this, long overdue.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. lost icon

Ik ben mijn icoon van Bridge kwijt en hij start ook niet op.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Moving files to any parent folder by dragging files to folder path bar

Windows files explorer allows me to move files from the current sub-folder to any parent folder displayed in the folder path bar by dragging the files to the name of any parent folder displayed in the folder path bar. I need this feature in Adobe Bridge.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Continuité de lecture après suppression

Pourquoi avoir supprimé la continuité de lecture après suppression d'une image. Jusqu'à ce jour, lorsque je supprimais une image (command+supp), l'image disparaissait et ma selection en pleine page ou en prévisualisation continuait sur l'image à la droite de celle précedemment supprimé. Hors depuis la dernière mise à jour, après suppression, je reviens obligatoirement à la toute premiere image. Je ne peux donc plus supprimer à la volée mais uniquement en rereregardant mes premières images maintes fois... C'est horriblement pénible et chronophage. Bridge etait pourtant un très bon outil pour un éditing rapide...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. allow built-in lens profile to be DISABLED in camera raw

If i wanted my photos to be automatically corrected then I wouldn't use editing software to begin with and i wouldn't be shooting raw photos.

gives us control of our images, let us turn OFF this "feature", apparently this is done to nikon and micro four thirds cameras. we DON'T want automatic built-in corrections in our software, we like control of our images.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make "Show subfolders items" as default an option

Please Adobe, make the "Show subfolders items" as default an option in Bridge preferences and this way, preserve some of us from uselessly clicking more than we should!
    Tendinitis is common among users, did you know?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Video metadata

Display video frame rate plus height and width. This would make it easier to sort 4k and 1080 clips.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIDEO-AUDIO PLAYBACK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. histogram

Could we have a live histogram window for the selected image in Bridge?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Restore separate control for image background color

My longstanding preference is for a light interface color and a dark image background. Please bring back the ability to control the two colors separately.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Useful Dimensions on Metadata Panels for PDFs (and ideally INDD)

At the moment the metadata panel has useless (and misleading) dimensions for PDFs which are based off pixel preview data. It would be much more helpful if the panel could display the TrimBox values or just simple page dimensions (CropBox) if that's not available, either in mm or inches depending on your choice. Being able to show all the Page Boxes would be a dream. At the moment a user needs to launch Acrobat and dig to find that info.
    At the very least with CropBox data, a user could, for instance, tell if they're looking at an A4 or…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support for 3rd party cloud folders

Support for browsing assets on 3rd party cloud [only (non-synced)] storage eg. Box, Dropbox, iCloud drive, Google drive, one drive, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow folders to remember window position

Allow folders to remember the window scroll position last viewed.

If you have a folder of 100's of images and drill down to view a file, leaving the folder then returning positions the window at the top again. This means scrolling down to find that file again.

Work on a project where there are multiple folders of many images and repeat this going back/forth/scrolling a few times. That's when you'd realize how nice it would be to return where you were.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please KEEP Debayers

I open an image full-screen and zoom in to 100% mode. I wait literally 2 minutes [we'll chalk that part up to my computer being quite old] for it to de-pixelate even though I have "Generate Full Screen Previews" turned on and I've waited for Bridge to stop saying "Generating Previews."

I go to the next image and wait through the process again. Then I decide I want to compare the two, so I go back to the first image ... and have to start the whole process over.

Why, you know, IN THE WORLD? Why weren't the full…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Status Bar in Bridge

Hello, I wanted to report a functionality that was lost with the last update this month. It's about the lower status bar which has been eliminated, preventing that the information about file count, selected and size can be completely visualized. In my case, I use the content panel at the minimum size to be able to see the preview of the image as large as possible, with which I lose the information of the files as the status bar is no longer there. I hope you can find a solution because it is something important in the bridge workflow.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Printing from Bridge

It would be very helpful to be able to print from Bridge. Many times I have gone back to photos long after I have processed them to print them for another project. Just to do a simple function like printing I have to open the files in Photoshop, this seems to be an extra step that is unnecessary when a printing command would be so simple.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Synology Thumbnails

i would like for adobe to work with synology and there DSM software to have bridge as a plugin and allow for thumbnails withing the DSM software. so i can see my files in the web browser any ware. currently i have 16 tb of data and can see a thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base