Skip to content

Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1080 results found

1. Please add option to show photos in two folders side-by-side

Please add option to show photos in two folders side-by-side (similar to Aperture). This would be a very valuable feature where users could compare contents of two folders and even move photos between folders. All other panels could apply to both folders (filtering, metadata, etc.). Having two views side by side would be the greatest additional feature to Bridge!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  VIEWS  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge 2024 (Version 14.0.0.102).

In this release, our team has successfully introduced the much-requested Multi-Window feature, Keyboard Shortcut customisation, Compress/Extract capability along with other enhancements.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,

Bridge Team

2. One version to rule them all ....

I now have two versions of Bridge (9/10) on my machine after this last update. The new version did not create a desktop shortcut, and if I open one version the other will not open and vice versa. Am I supposed to pick/choose between the two for some logical reason? If so, what is it? If the newer is not completely sufficient to replace the old, why was it auto-installed on my machine?

I don't want gigs of redundant programs on my workstation. I don't want a new version if it cannot completely take over for the old. I don't…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ACR Adjustment Brush

Move "Reset Local Correction Settings" to a Reset button on the main panel

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Insert Document Type .XD on advanced search

I would like to locate all the .xd files within a specific folder.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Camera Raw 21.1: Raw-Name is not shown in Meta / Raw-filename

Procedure:
    I open a Nikon RAW file (NEF, Nikon D850) with Raw-Converter 12.1.
    Afterwards, unlike in a conversion with e.g. RAW 5.6, the Raw-filename is not listed in the Meta-section CAMERA RAW (Bridge 2020).

I have to keep thatin the META data - and not only as an original filename (that one can change and therefore loose the original filename).

Thanks for answering in advance.
    Frank

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Command + or - for preview scale

When you click on an image or pdf file in Apple Finder, then tap the spacebar you get a preview of the file. If I do the same thing in Bridge I get a tiny preview. I would like to be able to scale the view of that file by typing command + or command - .... like InDesign when viewing a page.... command plus or minus makes what’s on the screen bigger or smaller.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. after pressing spacebar to get full screen preview image becomes distorted and glitched out, thought my screen was broken but I find out

after pressing spacebar to get full screen preview image becomes distorted and glitched out, thought my screen was broken but I find out its a common issue.
    Please hurry up and fix this as im starting to like Lightroom. and will be promoting it to everyone .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Develop a mobile application

Adobe already has a lot of other common applications in mobile form available for download on the app store for apple and the google play store for android. Developing an app for Bridge would be seriously helpful for my company when we have out of town meetings and need to access some photos for some show and tell. This would eliminate the need for myself to create a whole new library on a different platform for my bosses to use instead of what we already use for photo management.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It's hard to close the magnifying glass

It's hard to close the magnifying glass – the closing-cross could not be targeted easily
    kind regards

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Bridge 2019 is painfully slow

Even after file previews are generated and cached Bridge is now painfully slow. Scrolling is slow, interacting with files is slow, browsing folders is slow. Sometimes the program will lock up for up to a minute. It's bad on both my respectable spec'ed AMD Ryzen work PC (quadcore-16gb ram), and it's slow on my monster spec home PC (intel 9900k-16gb ram).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Bridge as Default App for .ARW files

I find Bridge a useful tool in the first parts of my workflow, from adding keywords to deleting shots I don't want to keep.

If would be nice to just double click (Window10) on a shot and have bridge start as the default application for opening ARWs. Right now, with Adobe's help it is set up as one of the options, but direct would be a time saver.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring Split View to Mac OS

In Adobe Bridge 2019 and PS CC for Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 I am unable to do split view as in previous OS versions. Is this something that Adobe got rid of on the latest version or is something related to the current Mac OS that I am running? It would be great to have that feature back!

Split view is great when working with Bridge in different folders... specially when moving around files... same applies to PS CC... it's great to have two windows open in full size.. it makes a difference!

Please bring back Split View for Mac…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. histogram

Could we see HISTOGRAM in Adobe Bridge? It's very important for photographers. (I know Adobe is more suited for Designers and they don't need it...)

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please Undo Some "Improvements" to Bridge 2019

1) Where's my true black background? For as long as I've worked with Adobe products I've kept my workspace backgrounds as close to black as possible. Bridge 2018 accommodated me. Bridge 2019 does not: nearest I can get to black is an insipid and annoyingly bright neutral gray. Please restore my option to work against true black.

2) Please make star ratings optional. I do not use star ratings and when stars were much smaller I could ignore them. Now they take up a good chunk of real estate beneath my image, making information I do choose to show hard…

51 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

This feature has been released in Bridge v10.0. You can update Bridge to see this feature.

At the bottom of the Content Pane, there is an option to hide Tiles and ‘Show Thumbnails only’. If tiles are hidden, the image backdrop can be changed to pure black from Edit→Preferences→Interface→Image backdrop.

Thank you for your feedback on User Voice.

Regards,
    Teja V.
    Senior Product Manager, Adobe Bridge

16. Reduce space wasting in Bridge 2019 UI

Since Bridge 2019, the whole UI is "larger" and needs more space. There is more space between the items in the folder list, the keyword list, and the favorites items. Thus, only half of the list fits to the same space as before.
    Also the space between thumbnails in the grid view was enlarged.

Please enable an option as für the "Text Size" that let the user bring up more content in a compacter manner.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Dear Bridge users,

As one of the top voted features, this is actively under development. We plan to provide option to hide the tiles so that you can see larger thumbnails and zoom out if you need to see more assets in Content View. While 9.1 (released) has some improvements, the upcoming Bridge release this year end will have significant improvements in this area. As far as the folder view and Keywords is concerned, we hope to address that next year.

Meanwhile, some of you may benefit from the existing “View Menu→Show Thumbnails Only” to see more assets in Content View.

Thank you for your vote.

Teja Vepakomma
    Senior Product Manager,
    Adobe Bridge

17. Collection XML file locations

Please make it possible to store the collection xml files on the same drive as the actual images, in the same way that I can set the cache location. If you did that, then I could just have an external SSD with my photographic archive, bridge cache and collection files all in one place and I'd be able to plug that SSD into my laptop or desktop and have everything available.

In fact, why not make an option to have ALL bridge settings associated with an image saved to the same drive on which the images reside - I'm thinking…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Keyword filtering results that contains ALL keywords selected rather than ANY Keyword selected.

Hello,

This might already exists since it seems like such an obvious feature (also appears in other Adobe products e.g Lightroom) but it is the ability to filter files by multiple keywords with the results only showing result that contain all the keywords selected not just if they contain any of the selected keywords.

For example I have photos of different athletic events eg track; high jump; triple jump; discus etc. these also have the keywords for the country they represent such as USA; GBR; BRA; RUS.

What happens right now when I select the keywords "High jump" and "GBR"…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search

The searching process is slow and not accurate. Windows searches way faster and better but i prefer to work inside the app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix this ugly part of the UI

Why the switch to using text for this part of the UI? Are the devs no longer capable of making icons? It’s an ugly mess right now, can you please make it more consistent.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base