Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Save keyword list in creative cloud account

It would be interesting to save the list of keywords and their structure in the creative cloud account automatically.

That way, the information would be backed up in case of formatting the computer or its failure and not having exported the list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Old Label visuals much better than new 'dot' feature

Wondered if there is a way to make the labels in Bridge CC 2019 more pronounced like in the previous version vs the tiny dots they are now? Preferences does not seem to offer this option. I much prefer the old labels that were easier to better illustrate my workflow (approved, review, work on, etc.) at a glance. These tiny dots require more attention to determine what I am looking at.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Bring Split View to Mac OS

In Adobe Bridge 2019 and PS CC for Mac OS Mojave 10.14.6 I am unable to do split view as in previous OS versions. Is this something that Adobe got rid of on the latest version or is something related to the current Mac OS that I am running? It would be great to have that feature back!

Split view is great when working with Bridge in different folders... specially when moving around files... same applies to PS CC... it's great to have two windows open in full size.. it makes a difference!

Please bring back Split View for Mac…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open multiple files as layers from ACR

It is a very useful function when making a focus stack from multiple RAW-files.
    Now at first, I must load files to ACR, select then all, adjust WB, exposure and so on and save by pressing Done button. The Second step - select files in Bridge and use menu “Tools - Photoshop - Load Files into Photoshop Layers...”. After that in Photoshop, I select all layers and make stack Images by Auto-Blend.
    So, please add "Open as photoshop Layers" function to the “Open” button in ACR.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add feature - Make .cgm files viewable as thumbnails

Unable to view .cgm file as a thumbnail
    One reason we use .cgm as a graphic import into FrameMaker is because it is viewed in the FM document crisper than .eps files
    Also we have a ton of legacy .cgm files that are used in our documents created with FrameMaker

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add date filter in Photo Downloader

Please add a date filter to Photo Downloader to import images from camera/SD-card, so you can select the images taken on a special day/daterange.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop re-adding columns closed by the user in list view

Just... stop.

I really have no idea what else to say. When I go through the trouble of right-clicking on a column (Rating, for example), I DON'T WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN. Why does Bridge keep re-adding these columns every time I change views or open the app?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. dele

everytime i delete a photo from ther contact panel , the curser goes back to the very first photo. previously , ones a photo is deletes , the curser moves 1 forward.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Image Backdrop-need pure white tone

Image backdrop needs to be a user defined tone as previous versions allowed. Pure white is definitely needed to double check images that are required to have a 255 255 255 background. Had to revert to 2018 version.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi,

This feature is now released as part of Bridge v10.0.

Please upgrade Bridge to v10.0 to see the change.

At the bottom of the Content pane, you should uncheck “Show Tiles”. After Tiles are removed, go to Edit→Preferences→Interface→Image Backdrop to change the slider to pure white.

Thanks,
    Teja
    Senior Product Manager,
    Adobe Bridge

11. MXF format support

Add support for the MXF file format. How on earth this is not already a 'feature' is beyond belief!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Keyword Panel to Float Outside Bridge Window

Please consider making the keyword panel a floating panel that we can move outside the main Bridge window. It would be so much more convenient. If you do consider this idea, please also consider a better layout for finding and creating new keywords to minimize the amount of scrolling.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KEYWORD PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Disable Thumbnail and Preview Generation, and Caching

Thumbnails and previews are agonizingly slow to generate. Regardless of what settings I change, they take way too long to load, and often times don't load at all. Cache size, cache file size limit, preview quality, etc, none of them are effective, especially for videos since some cache settings don't apply to them. I would like the ability to apply keywords to files quickly. In my case, and I'm sure often enough for others, the thumbnails and previews are excess information. Generating them takes too long to make the workflow possible at all. Please consider. Thank you.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Dear Bridge Users,

Have you tried setting the following Preferences?
    Edit Menu→Preferences→Thumbnails→Do Not Process files larger than 1000 MB. Change this to 1 MB.

Also, on the right hand side of the folder navigation bar on top, drop down next to the triangle (Option for thumbnail quality and previews) and select “Prefer Embedded (faster)”. Screenshot attached.

Let us know if this helps by commenting on User Voice.

14. Ability to constrain both height and width + add sharpening: EXPORT

The added Export Panel in Bridge 2020 (10.0.0.124) is great!
    And it is nice to be able to apply a metadata template!

However, it may lack a couple of features. This is in addition to the selection of color space requested here: "Choose color space for EXPORT":
    https://adobebridge.uservoice.com/forums/905323-feature-request/suggestions/38995624-choose-color-space-for-export

Additional features requested:

1) Option to be able to constrain both height and width of output files in "Image Size" (like "Fit Image..." in Photoshop or "Resize to Fit" in Lightroom Classic)

2) Output Sharpening (like "Output Sharpening" in Lightroom, or maybe a bit more flexible)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PROBLEMAS CON BRIDGE

LA ULTIMA VERSION DE BRIGE CON CATALINA SE ME CIERRA POR ERROR CON CIERTA FRECUENCIA. ADEMÁS NO ME ABRE LOS ARCHIVOS JPG CON DOBLE CLICK, ETC.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. バグ

ファイルの名前変更が出来ない

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please save view option to Show Items from Subfolder

Please save view option to Show Items from Subfolder. No reason why users should have to select this option every time as we navigate folders. If we wish to see items in subfolders, allows us to ALWAYS see items in subfolders. Add option to Preferences if that helps add this feature.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  VIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Smooth scrolling PLEASE!

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make the scrolling smooth! This will make the experience infinitely better. Currently it's just awful on the eye to track where you're at while scrolling.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Light mode

Please please please please Adobe, in general, recognise that some of us struggle like you can't imagine working in Dark Mode. We need an InDesign style light mode so that we can see the icons etc.

For those of us who have bright lights (like the sun) shining indirectly behind our monitors, dark mode is almost useless and makes it almost impossible without shifting around or moving the monitor from side to side to be able to read what is on the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Automatic Brightness on full screen view

There is actually an automatic brightness adjustment at when i click "space" to see something il full screen mode.
    I would like an option to keep the same screen brightness between full screen mode and normal mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base