Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. remove transparency on thumbnails

IT would be great to disable transparency entirely on thumbnails instead of showing the transparency grid as the only option. An EPS with black icons on no background looks terrible in the thumbnails unless you have Bridge set to its brightest interface settings. Showing an EPS with a white background would be a great option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Synchronization of metadata

Hi, can you please create a way in Bridge to synchronize the metadata of AI files (EPS files, TIFF files) and JPGs? Like in Lightroom. This would speed up my workflow enormously. Now I'm forced to copy and paste the description of each file into the field of the other file, for example.
    Thanks a lot
    Gabi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. INCONVENIENTE CON FECHA DE CREACIÓN DEL ARCHIVO

Preferencias - Miniaturas - Mostrar Fecha de Creación, se muestra la misma fecha de modificación.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. would be great to choose colors for Favorit Folders

would be great to choose colors for Favorit Folders

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. separate file associations for cr2 and cr3, allow user to add new file types

I'd like to be able to use different default applications for CR2 files (ACR) and CR3 files (Canon DPP). It would be nice to either either have Adobe list the file types separately in the Bridge file associations listing, or to be able to user enter CR2 and CR3 as new file types.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make any metadata field a column

Right now you can only select from roughly 10 columns in list view. It would be nice to be able to add ANY metadata field as a column, this way unique workspaces can have columns that are relevant to each type of media.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Time of videos under File Properties

Metadata window currently shows the dimensions of a video (3840 x 2160) but it would be seriously helpful to also be able to see how long the video is in hours, minutes, seconds and frames = 01;00;24;29 with colons and semicolons denoting wether the video is drop-frame or non-drop-frame timecode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE INFO  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Extend the Stubby Label Bar

Is there a way to get the full Label bar back ? Bridge 2019 and 2020 have made it a stubby bar now, unless I'm missing something. I've added an image with Bridge 2018 on the left and 2020 on the right for comparison.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add THUMBNAIL into conflict message "An item with the same name......" dialogue window

This feature exist even in Windows explorer and has "compare versions" ability. Yours GRAPHIC app gives me only NAMEOfThe_File without THUMBNAIL?! You serious?!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FILE SYSTEM OPERATIONS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Customizable infos below the Preview

I think it would be valuable to see, instead or beside the file name ("PHOTO 001.JPG"), the IPTC Caption/XMP Description as it were a caption to a painting above. I used Google Picasa in the past and loved to see the caption just below the image large view, where it was also editable.

More generally, I'd suggest that the area below the Preview (see attached screenshot) should be customizable exactly as the area below the Thumbinails in Content panel (by means of Preferences > Thumbinails). This way, every user will display which info he/she likes most, instead of having to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Preview preset Text AE

Why we can't preview anim of text for AE !?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More colour labels

Pleas add more colour option or the ability to make custom colours for labels in Bridge. There are currently only 5, which when working at a large scale or with big teams is not enough!

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Photo Downloader does not show pictures of Olympus E-M5 MkIII

Photo Downloader does not show pictures of Olympus E-M5 MkIII

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Vorschauen in vertikaler Liste

Hallo
    Ist es möglich, im Bibliotheks-Modul die Vorschauen in einer vertikalen Liste zu platzieren?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LIBRARY PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Batch Metadata Add/Remove/Modify

Possibility to Add, Remove or Modify the Metada of a file or a list of file by batch (ex. with a CSV file or other). For me it's for PDF file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Labels and Filters not working since I updated New Version of BRIDGE

I have uploaded Adobe Bridge to latest version and since I did, my Labels and filters are not working at all. when I go into review mode, my labels and label buttons are not working. I went to the old version and then re-installed that. same issue, labels are not working at all.

its really affecting my work flow. I need to label to process my work and its still not working. ive cleared my label cache, I have updated old and new versions of bridge. nothing is working.

please help?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  LABELS AND KEYWORDS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Support of the heic image format in Bridge

It would be nice if finally the "heic" format would be supported. Apple use the heic format and Canon with the EOS 1 Dx Mark III to.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Twirl open files without opening

In Mac Finder there is always a small black triangle to the left of any folder. Click on the black triangle and the folder opens to show you a view of it’s contents. Why can’t this be done in Bridge. Always having to double click a folder to see what is in and then backing out of it again is a nightmare.

I just started using Bridge as a Finder replacement. Surly I am not the first person to ask for this. Bridge should be better than a 20+ year old finder.

If there is a better way..... please let…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Scroll Bar

Make the box in the scroll bar white. It would be quicker to find and easier to click on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Create PDF from Bridge

Hi. With all the integration being built between apps, it would be great to be able to "quick-export" a PDF of an indesign / illustrator file (any file for that matter), from within bridge, without having to open a file within it's application and run PDF exports.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PDF OUTPUT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base