Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restore separate control for image background color

My longstanding preference is for a light interface color and a dark image background. Please bring back the ability to control the two colors separately.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Useful Dimensions on Metadata Panels for PDFs (and ideally INDD)

At the moment the metadata panel has useless (and misleading) dimensions for PDFs which are based off pixel preview data. It would be much more helpful if the panel could display the TrimBox values or just simple page dimensions (CropBox) if that's not available, either in mm or inches depending on your choice. Being able to show all the Page Boxes would be a dream. At the moment a user needs to launch Acrobat and dig to find that info.
    At the very least with CropBox data, a user could, for instance, tell if they're looking at an A4 or…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Accent Colours

The Accent Colour is in all versions of Bridge up 2018
    This really helps to teach students, as they can see the at a glance which interface we are using and more importantly which folder I am accessing.
    Please may we have it back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please KEEP Debayers

I open an image full-screen and zoom in to 100% mode. I wait literally 2 minutes [we'll chalk that part up to my computer being quite old] for it to de-pixelate even though I have "Generate Full Screen Previews" turned on and I've waited for Bridge to stop saying "Generating Previews."

I go to the next image and wait through the process again. Then I decide I want to compare the two, so I go back to the first image ... and have to start the whole process over.

Why, you know, IN THE WORLD? Why weren't the full…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PERFORMANCE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Synology Thumbnails

i would like for adobe to work with synology and there DSM software to have bridge as a plugin and allow for thumbnails withing the DSM software. so i can see my files in the web browser any ware. currently i have 16 tb of data and can see a thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I don't want to connect my laptop to the internet when working remotely. Why do Abode insist on verification when not connected.!!!

Why do we have to verify subscription on laptops used in the field? It makes impossible to use this program. Any suggestions/settings I can remove this request?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. View InDesign thumbnails as spreads

Many, many iterations ago, Bridge used to give you thumbnail of the whole opening spread for an InDesign document - which was brilliant for getting a rough overview of your mag. Somewhere around the time alternate layouts was added to InD though we got switched to just the opening page which isn't nearly as helpful. Can we have the (very) old system back?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Collection Sets

Could we have the feature to put Collections into folders (Sets and subsets) avoiding lengthy lists of Collections.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let me remove star ratings with the mouse

I used to be able to remove a star rating from an image by clicking to the left of the stars beneath the image. That is no longer possible--I now have to do it via the keyboard, meaning that I'm moving my hands back and forth from the mouse all the time, or by going up to the Tools menu with the mouse, which is a lot of wasted motion. Please put back the ability to do this with the mouse right underneath the image.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. WMF and DSF files

Bridge needs the ability to read .wmf and .dsf files. Many design engineers still use these formats, so they're still viable. But as of now, we have to use a third-party program top see the files. We'd rather just have Bridge do that so we can keep the number of programs to a minimum on our computers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need separate Work-in-Progress Indicator

I feel that a separate Work-in-Progress Indicator (distinct from the Spinning Pizza) is needed for those times when Bridge is actually working on something (such as writing Keywords) instead of having frozen completely.

At the moment, there is no indication that Bridge is doing anything at all while the Pizza keeps spinning and the Dock merely indicates that there is an option to Force Quit.

So we need a different Bridge-governed indicator and the Pizza should then only appear if Bridge has actually frozen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Better use of Preview space

This image says it all really... https://i.imgur.com/EusM032.png

At least show us the full filename?

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  PREVIEW PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better batch rename sequence numbers

When for example a batch rename sequence number of 1 digit is selected, if there are more than 10 photos, it repeats the sequence numbering 1-10 (or 0-9 or 1-9, whatever it is). I suggest that rather than doing this, it should simply move on to the next number. So if there were 20 photos, the sequence numbers would be 1-20. If you told it 2 digits, they would be 01-20. I.e. the number of digits specified is a LOWER LIMIT, but the actual number of digits used ought to be as many as necessary to provide a unique sequence…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  BATCH RENAME  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Restoring of all previous opened Bridge windows like Browsers do

Like in Windows Explorer or all Browsers, it is possible to open some new windows in Bridge. But if you close Bridge and open it again, all windows would be closed but the last one. In Explorer or all Major Browsers you could set, that if you quit and Restart the App, that all previous opened windows would opened again.
    That would be great because everyday I'm working with many different Folders respectively windows.
    Thanks a lot
    Stefan

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  MISCELLANEOUS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Darker / thicker typeface

Do not see a category for interface, all panels and windows. I prefer white / light interfaces rather than the dark gray. The new Bridge has settings for type size (thank you!) but on the lightest background the type is medium gray or too thin and very hard to see. Would like a way to make type black on the white or light gray backgrounds, or more bold. Have to go back to 2017. Thank you.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  THUMBNAILS AND PREVIEWS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Double click to toggle full screen video playback

The full screen is for image only as of today. I suggest the feature for video playback as well. I expect double click the video in the preview pane would do something like toggle full screen, similar to Windows Media Player. But it does nothing as of today.
    To inspect the focus of a video file, a full screen playback is helpful.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  FULL SCREEN MODE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Folder dates

Can we please at least have the Date Modified and Date Created for folders on the Metadata panel? I feel like we used to have this feature before but it's gone now? It's still possible to see folder dates on the Filter panel so I know this info is available.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. dual monitor support or a new syncronized window

Many user works with a second monitor. In bridge cc 2019 it´s unable to work with a second monitor like in Illustrator, InDesign or Photoshop/Lightroom. My wish is a dual monitor support or a new syncronized window.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  WORKSPACES  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CR crashes PC

By processing pictures in CR the PC crashes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CAMERA RAW  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Path completion

Would be great to have path completion in the address bar in Bridge - either the tab completion in MacOS (eg. the 'Go' bar and terminal bash), or the mixed cursor-tab equivalent in Windows (explorer's address bar and cmd).

It's always slightly disconcerting when you're used to relying on it not to have it there.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base