Skip to content

Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Allow "Edit Capture Time" to Also Modify .TIFF files for Those Who Scan and Archive Old Photos!

Your new "Edit Capture Time" feature is great! But, strangely it only seems to work with .JPG and RAW photos — which in most cases when we have the settings set correctly, already have the correct time and date embedded for us via our digital cameras

When we REALLY need to be able to edit the Capture Time and Date the most is when we scan photos with our flatbed scanners, and the date and time for the photo is set by our scanning software to be the date and time we scanned the photo, not of course, when we took…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 24h time format

Adobe Bridge should use 24h time format rather than 12h (am/pm) time format.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When editing "Capture Time" show all the different Date/Time fields and their contents, plus allow parsing the filename.

When I take screenshots on my phone, it does not record the capture time in the proper metadata fields. Instead, the file name includes the actual capture date and time. To make matters worse, when I use the Windows 10 File Explorer to copy the files off of the phone, it assigns the "File Creation" date & time as the time I did the copy. So, the creation times of all those screenshots must be repaired. I am sure other people have similar "sources of images" that do not set metadata or file dates properly, but do set at least…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add time zone to Edit Capture Time

I'm using Bridge to add metadata to scanned photos. But the Edit Capture Time does not have time zone selection.

Without it Bridge defaults to user's computer operating system's time zone. This then appears in the xmp, for example as <exif:DateTimeOriginal>1971-07-01T00:00+10:00/exif:DateTimeOriginal. The problem is that is the wrong time zone for my scanned photos. In this instance I want +01:00, not +10:00.

First issue is Bridge doesn't show the offset in the Date Time Original metadata field, so the user doesn't realise there's a problem.

Then when I import the files with this incorrect time zone from Bridge into Apple…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. False Exif Date Range in Europe (24 hours vs. a.m/p.m.)

This affects the German version of Bridge:
    When trying to set the creation time to e.g. 11 o'clock (CET), the creation time is set to 23 o'clock (CET). In the input field I can only enter numbers between 1-12 for hours (a.m./p.m.). This was different in the previous version and is a bug in the software.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. increment time

I want to be able to use "Edit Capture Time" to increment the capture time of scanned photos. Ideally, I could add 1-60 seconds to each photos capture time so they will be ordered correctly when I upload them to online photo albums.

Example: I am scanning hundreds of old family photos from slides and photo albums. These scanned photos have a rough implied time period and order from the original photo album. But if I want to share them with family in a Google Photos album in the order from the original album, I need to increment them by…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base