Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display the correct resolution for PNG files in the units I select in preferences.

Display the resolution for PNG files in the units I select in preferences. Currently, if I set the resolution for a PNG in Photoshop, Bridge reports either a blank, or 72 ppi, not the value that the file actually contains.
    Even if the PNG specification for resolution is in meters, why does that prevent Bridge from displaying a converted value as ppi? Photoshop reports the resolution correctly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Metadata Batch Removal

Similar to batch automation in photoshop. Select files batch remove ALL metadata. That shouldn't be too hard, should it?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Folder dates

Can we please at least have the Date Modified and Date Created for folders on the Metadata panel? I feel like we used to have this feature before but it's gone now? It's still possible to see folder dates on the Filter panel so I know this info is available.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Meta Data for Dimension for Print files

MetaData for Adobe Print Programs like Acrobat, Illustrator and InDesign.

Currently Bridge displays Pixel Dimensions for Web developers only.

It would be astronomically better if we could see Inches and or centimetres (depending on what the file was saved as)

you could make it even better still when programs like illustrator have more than 1 work art board. Just like previewing each art board in the preview pane, we should be able to see the dimensions change for each as well.

Moreover, if a poster is 24" x 36" the metadata should provide still the image contained info like 200…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Useful Dimensions on Metadata Panels for PDFs (and ideally INDD)

At the moment the metadata panel has useless (and misleading) dimensions for PDFs which are based off pixel preview data. It would be much more helpful if the panel could display the TrimBox values or just simple page dimensions (CropBox) if that's not available, either in mm or inches depending on your choice. Being able to show all the Page Boxes would be a dream. At the moment a user needs to launch Acrobat and dig to find that info.
    At the very least with CropBox data, a user could, for instance, tell if they're looking at an A4 or…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  METADATA PANEL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base