Skip to content

Feature Request

This platform is created for you, we want you to be part of shaping the future of assets. Here you will be able to do any of the following actions:

• VOTE: Help us rank the most relevant features -by doing this you will also get status updates
  • COMMENT: Join the conversation on how to build better features
  • SUBMIT: If you can’t find your idea, let us know what you are thinking

When entering a new feature request, please provide:

1. Description
2. Why is this valuable to you?

Want to be the first to see the next release of Bridge? Join the Bridge Prerelease Program
For any issues with the Prerelease builds, please use the Bridge Prerelease Forum

Thank you for your time, we really appreciate your feedback.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

89 results found

1. Allow windows to be resized

I have the scaling set to large as I can't see the panels easily on small (default). The issue is now certain windows are a bit oversized for my screen. Being able to resize the window height (standard Windows window scaling controls) would help with this. The bottom is wedged against Windows' taskbar.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Input field is no longer active by default in a search (Cmd + F)

Problem detected with the Adobe Bridge 2023 version on Mac

When you launch a search (Cmd + F on Mac), the input field is no longer active by default (I don't know if the problem exists with Windows, maybe some of you can confirm it).
    You have to click in the field to paste your text. This is a waste of time compared to previous versions if you do a lot of copy and paste searches.

To the Adobe Bridge team:
    Can you re-enable the default focus on the search field? Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Lost bookmarks when working with files on a server

** Problem encountered on MacOS 12.6.1 and Windows 10 with the latest updates. **

Hello,

If there is a network outage when working with files on a server and you have the misfortune to click on a bookmark, ALL the bookmarks disappear.
    This is boring! Can you fix this bug?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Change it back...

Change the alphabet back so that the ~ is up top. You screwed up the way all my files are organized. File Explorer and Bridge's alphabet used to match but you decided, once again, that you know better and changed it. Change it back.

Change it back to where I can have mulitple windows open. Who does it help to have tabs?! If I wanted tabs I would have used them when they existed before. I don't want that, it seems a lot of others don't either. I want multiple windows. I'm moving files around from folder to folder all…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Zoom, star rating, etc

Please make everything like Photo Mechanic. Photo Mechanic bug is only can't sync metadata properly with Adobe Lightroom, everything else is perfect. Zoom feature, shortcut, etc is more user friendly than Bridge.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  USER INTERFACE  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The title bar is too narrow on macOS, different from the other apps

I am using MacBook Pro 14 with macOS 13. The updated Bridge has a narrow title bar, which is different from the other apps in the system, including the Adobe Photoshop itself.

This issue came up on the latest big update of Bridge(If I remember, this version starts supporting Apple Silicon chip). The previous version is fine.

Please fix this issue and adopt the Apple Human Interface Guideline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Move/delete the big "Remove from collection" ribbon

Bridge 2023: I like the restyling.
    I suggest the ribbon shown in my attached screenshot to be removed. It eats a significant space, especially a filmstrip configuration (screenshot). The same action can already be reached from the context menu.
    Alternatively, to avoid the use of the context menu, the "Remove from collection" button could be moved (shrinked) in the lower part of the Collections panel (besides the other commands in icons); or, pressing the "Del" button could provide the two options of deleting and just removing from the collection.
    Thanks for considering.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Where are the NEW Keyboard Shortcuts?

Adobe applications allow you to modify and unify keyboard commands, but BRIDGE 2023 does not allow you to modify keyboard shortcuts.

Why do you change the Keyboard Shortcuts and do not explain to your users which ones have changed and which are the new ones?

For example. When I view a slideshow with the rest of the panels in the workspace and I only want to see all the thumbnails of the photos on my screen, you press the "TAB" key and you see all the slides in full screen and the rest of the panels disappear, a simple hit…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We are happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge 2024 (Version 14.0.0.102).

In this release, our team has successfully introduced the much-requested Multi-Window feature, Keyboard Shortcut customisation, Compress/Extract capability along with other enhancements.

For a complete list of features available in Bridge 2024 (v14.0), please refer to the community post :

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-14-0-is-now-available/td-p/14081355

Regards,

Bridge Team

9. Ability to Add Custom Shortcuts

It'd be great to be able to add custom shortcuts as is available in all other Adobe apps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Coloured labels and stars on a network

The coloured labels and stars do not update when files are stored on a network. This is annoying when working with several people from different computers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Gallery: Remove selection of file after entering Full screen mode

In Gallery, having a file selected, entering full screen mode (Space) and switching through files, then leaving fullscreen mode
    leaves first selection and last file are selected. (See Attachment)
    First selection should be removed, as accidencts like unintentional delete or edit may happen easily.
    This is a new and wrong behaviour since Bridge 2023.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Feature to search for multiple original files using filename list or low-res files.

I'm missing "search by filename list" - feature from Bridge.

I'm often sending hundreds of low-res previews from my photoshoots to my clients and they respond me with folder of selected photos.

It would be perfect workflow to simply copy these files and paste them as filenames to (specific) search tab. Similar workflow is available at least in Lightroom and in one other popular tethered shooting application. There are some scripts available to get this function, but they seem to be quite unstable.

Also I would appreciate if you invent something even more innovative workflow to select batch of original…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. zoom in

Zoom In like Adobe Lightroom PLEASE. The Zoom feature in Bridge doesn't work for me. It's not user friendly and not helpful.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. bridge tedioso

Bridge funciona muy lento. La versión de 2021 o 2022 es mucho mas rápida, intuitiva y funciona mucho mejor. La barra lateral de scroll es muy incómoda al ser tan estrecha.
    Para el usuario que trabaja a diario con bridge 8 horas ..se hace muy tedioso.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix arrow key navigation of folders in Metadata viewer

Used to be able to accurately move across directories with arrow and modifier keys, now navigation is broken. Moving between directories with the arrow keys either doesn't work for a dozen button presses, or resets several folders to the left when trying to navigate one to the right. Also please make it so the info panel remembers which pane i have open/collapsed instead of starting me in a reset view each time i open the pane.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. If we're not getting 'new window' back, have the path attach to each browser tab/panel

Getting used to the new interface but it takes a lot of concentration to figure out which panel the path is referring to when you're browsing several locations at the same time (to move stuff between folders, or if you're pulling assets from two+ different places for a project). Just attaching the path to each one would solve this confusion elegantly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Relative previous conversion

There is an apply previous conversion option in Bridge, but what about a relative previous conversion option? For example, you've color corrected 1,000 images. Some were color corrected at night, so naturally those images are a little bit off. You could use the copy and paste settings to only select color balance, but then you notice that by going cooler on the color balance, the images need a little bit brighter exposure. This has to be done manually for each image as every image is a little bit different when it comes to exposure, especially if you're shooting with flash…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. display Image sequences as a single item

I really need a setting in Bridge for the UI to condense Image sequences into a single stack or displayed as a single item. I work in a studio that has hundreds of TBs of server side source, almost all in various Image sequence formats (EXR, DPX, PNG, TIF, etc.) Bridge is the best way to search for source like stock footage, but I really need this feature to make it even better. this would make the search function extremely usable because it would return results that are image sequences rather than an entire list of thousands upon thousands of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Export photoshop artboards

Photoshop can export the artboards of a file with the dialogue option "export -> artboard to files…".

This option doesn't exist in Bridge, which means that any file with artboards is simply exported as one image with white lines between artboards.

Simply put, I would like an option to at least export artboards independantly from earch other, and at best, the option to choose a specific range of artboards for the export.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Bridge UI Scaling

Can the Bridge Preferences -> Interface -> User Interface Scaling please become a slider or at least add increments like 125%/150%/175%?

On a 4k monitor the Bridge UI is either tiny or way too big!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base